Black Templar Community Feedback

A supplement is all I'm going to ask for because it seems to be where they're taking most of the Marine armies anyways. It works better for shared model kits, and means less fuss over waiting to see what GW will or won't let you use out of the new kits.

normally they should give all chapters a supplement. Even Dark Angels and Space Wolves and Blood Angels. Its just about to give them rules like The Black Templar Psyker rule to prevent them to play Thunderfire cannons.

normally they should give all chapters a supplement. Even Dark Angels and Space Wolves and Blood Angels. Its just about to give them rules like The Black Templar Psyker rule to prevent them to play Thunderfire cannons.

Basically how I assume they'll do it in the long run. Keep Grey Knights seperate, supplement the rest so anything they share is in the main book and the supplement can give restrictions to fit the lore.

It would be logical to me that all space marine chapters could fit into a single codex, provided they have an individual supplement. I deeply suspect the supplement is what has already been provided for most chapters. I'd like to be wrong, but I suspect the codex will add new unit entries and a few stratagems geared towards ultramarines players. I don't want to be a downer here. We have some decent rules. Intercessors with chainswords is the kind of thing I have been waiting for. A melee release was more or less what I was expecting this year, though I had believed they would do something for the Templars at the same time.

Wish listing: I would really like to see a proper sized BT character. I would be ecstatic for two. I would like a proper impulsor that seats 10 - more is better in terms of transports.

I use Repulsors of both variants and I think they are great. They have more dakka than a Crusader, and can fly. If you're running Primaris use them in the same way you'd use Landraiders for the classic Astartes. They can't hold as many models, but a Primaris Marine has more output and durability than a classic Marine.

There were rumours of a Repulsor Impunator coming in the future. Maybe they are true.

Edited by Ishagu

Just fix Crusader Squads, let our chappies have an additional litany, dbl WT strategem, special issue wargear, port our vigilus rules to our main rule, and replace one of WT with Master Swordsman. Then give us AcceptAnyChallenge Strategem, and the if we kill character = CP strategem. Then Biker Crusader Squads.

Tl;dr

We get IF Litany or all PRIEST models get an additional Litany*

Crusader Squads fixed (Initaites 12ppm and reworked paired combatants something if have less Neo’s then Init. Neo’s attack another time)

Dbl WT Stratagem

Access to the Generic Special Issue Wargear

(digital, master crafted and artificer)

Vigilus Rules Ported. Changing or expanding affected Keyword*

Vigilus WT replacing one of our current ones maybe the mortal wound

AcceptAnyChallenge Strategem

(And/or a Strategem if CHAMPION kills a character get CP like Wolf one)

Biker Crusader Squads

Then for flavor reasons maybe access to IF Relics via IF relic strategem.

*Or giving CHAMPIONS Priest Keyword and 1 Litany

**By list of list or by having as oart of army rules have certain units replace (Veteran Keywords) with Sword Brothern like Inner Circle. Then those strategems be SwordBros + Characters

What would an "Accept Any Challenge" stratagem do?

In the chargephase before a unit declared a charge, select a unit which get +1 to hit and +1 for the charge for one CP. In addition this unit counts as being in the assault doctrine. If your unit fight against a character you can reroll the wound.

Or rerolls to hit. instead of +1.  That would be what Templars need and what fit. And it was the main Vow back in 3rd editon Codex Armageddon and in 5th edition codex Black Templars.

I would like to see is an Stratagem for vows. For 1CP the Emperors champion get an 12" aura with one litany is working the whole time you can choose before the battle.

Edited by Medjugorje

I think we should recognise we're unlikely to get new rules or new models.

If we focus a consolidated message on getting the same things done, we're more likely to have our collective voices heard

No one here is expecting new anything -right now-. The goal was to provide feedback for future updates on what we like, what we don't and what we're hoping to see.

I didn't say "this is what we want" but rather "these are the things we feel are missing" and they may take that feedback and spin it off into something new. The idea was to shift down to the root of where Templars are and then from there present that root to the rules team so they can have a better pulse on what is and isn't clicking for us as players.

Maybe some things will change, maybe some won't. But at the end of the day they'll make the decision more with what we've been thinking about out Crusaders which will at least give them a new viewpoint about what is and isn't working for the army.

I was thinking, we should really also have a Phobos Crusader Squad option. It's likely the same initiates who train the initiates who would don phobos armour to fight as infiltrators or incursors, and I can't see why they wouldn't continue to take the neophytes with them. Rules wise, it's a good mix. Both squads can 'infiltrate' wear light armour and fight with knives.

Now lorewise I want to know where BT are.

Cause Helbrecth and Yarrick were literally scrapped out of Ghazghull story, so Ragnar could get a shiny new model.

Where does that leave us?

Are we to be the red shirts once again, showing with up have 100% casualty rates?

Edited by Sete

I mean, one of our defining traits is that we're all over the galaxy, all the time. So it's more of a question of what your boi helbrecht is doing I suppose.

I do realize that there is (or has been) a greater concentration of templar in particular spots recently with specific narratives going. I suspect there is going to be an upcoming narrative including us in some kind of crusade force with others. What with Ultras also being included there, we're likely not gonna be center stage much, but then again given recent examples that might be for the better