Base size for scouts

Montoya

Hey all, 

In general, our blood angels use the 30MM bases as opposed to 25mm.  

What do all of you model your scouts on?  I prefer the larger base size from a modelling perspective, but wouldn't want to be offside anyone on a game table, as I'm not trying to do so to gain any advantage on the game table.

Any thoughts on whether at tournaments or casual play you think people would be terribly fussed?

At tournaments yes, in casual games no sane person would mind you basing your Scouts on bigger bases. But it really depends on individual people. Better ask around your gaming circle, or if your FLGS has a Facebook page ask there then.

I put mine on small bases because thats what they came with and they look fine on them. But for example Astorath I put on a 32mm base as opposed to the tiny thing he came with. He would have looked awful on the small base, not to mention he would fall over all the time because his point of balance is so far up.

Keep in mind that there are no official rules for what bases you need to use. I believe there was even somewhere a response from GW that you can use any base you want pretty much.

Edited by Klod