Favourite Lost Character who we hope will return?

ThePenitentOne

I was just looking at the rumor engine on the community board and the little sneak peek pic they show kinda looks like dark eldar/elf to me, so maybe a dual kit for both games? Looks like a wych/witch weapon.

Still I want the Baron back.

Edited by Dread

To be Honest I'm hoping that the Rumour Engine pic is of Lelith Hesperax… :wub: it can work with a Wych Cult army and even the Ynarri faction...

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Would be great, but it seems that GW is mostly keeping things simpler by sticking to characters for most - the only thing Guard have got for example. Plus if we got one we'd surely have to get the other so Trueborn on top seems even less likely? Stranger things have happened though, so if we're hoping may as well go for broke? :tongue.: It'd go a long way to giving DE some much needed love, as the "recent" existing range is still excellent and doesn't need an update.

Ok, so maybe I'm hoping now... :lol:

Vect.

More than any other character, I want to see Vect get a relaunch. I suspect we'll get it, and he'll probably be very much like The Silent King, it's more a question of when, rather than if at this point.

I do think GW toyed with the idea of killing him off, but he's too pivotal to the Dark Eldar, and I think there was a decision to keep him around a few years ago as a result. He's the heart and "soul" of the Drukhari as it were, lol

Beyond him, I wouldn't mind them introducing new characters, outside of the ones they'd had before. I think the only one I'd want back beyond him, is Lady Malys, perhaps. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it seems even more likely it is Lelith now such that it's difficult to think of anything else it could be. I'm imagining the Ynnari bit will be glossed over if mentioned at all as GW seems to have forgotten or stopped caring about it?

I'm nervous about Lelith's association with the Ynnari. If they just add an ability for her to be included in a Ynnari army, that's fine.

But if she stops being a Drukhari Wych from the Cult of Strife... we can't afford to lose another one.

I don't think we've seen the last of the Ynnari- I don't think GW has forgotten about them at all- in fact I think they are going to be used to drive development of various Aeldari factions. Drazhar and the Incubi as well as Jain Zarr and the Banshees are all connected to Ynnari. They have to find a way to get the last Crone Sword from Shelaxi Helbane.

I hope we get some real news soon, and with all the release hype, it's unlikely to happen. Even the 25th preview is probably going to be more space marine/ necron actual starter game boxes and those sorts of things.

I fully expect we'll see an actual Ynnari army eventually, even if just equal in size to the Harlequins. At the moment they only exist as rebels/exiles/converts from the existing Eldar factions, but enough time is passing that they're becoming their own thing.

I fully expect we'll see an actual Ynnari army eventually, even if just equal in size to the Harlequins. At the moment they only exist as rebels/exiles/converts from the existing Eldar factions, but enough time is passing that they're becoming their own thing.

Yea, right now they are too amorphous. The problem is, by including these other units in the army to start, it'll be hard to tell people later "Hey, these units aren't actually in the army anymore", which will either be a mess keeping them in, or a mess trying to make the new units significantly better, but then upsetting the game.

Le sigh. :\

Nah, just make them almost like Imperial Agents/Assassins first. You can be Craftworld/Drukhari/Harlequin and get the full options of those books, or you can go Ynnari and lose some options, but also gain access to the new Ynnari-only units.

Worst case scenario, make them a full army, make it so that you can't take Craftworld/Drukhari/Harlequin units as Ynnari, but Ynnari units can still boost all Aeldari, or something like that, and have rough analogues for the various units.

GW doesn't have a great track record when it comes to the "minor" factions :confused: We'll find out eventually, the lack of anything Ynnari is quite noticeable currently but that's not what this topic is about :tongue.:

Now we can be as sure as you can be that a new Lelith is coming that means two updated DE characters in relatively short time (plus a squad in Incubi), does this mean we can hope for some more? As mentioned before the model range is still excellent so short of another squad update to plastic in Mandrakes would that mean another character? That said, couldn't it be Mandrakes and Kheradruakh as it was with the Incubi and Drazhar?

They feel a bit too niche but you never know. I'd happily take another character instead, though on reflection I'd accept anything DE... :laugh.:

• 2 weeks later...

Lelith confirmed; I know, for most of us, the hair and the blade in Rumor Engine was all the confirmation we needed, but still nice to have it confirmed.

I just wish we'd gotten a better look at the model. And a release date. Oh, and announcement that a dex would be released with her.

Lelith confirmed; I know, for most of us, the hair and the blade in Rumor Engine was all the confirmation we needed, but still nice to have it confirmed.

I just wish we'd gotten a better look at the model. And a release date. Oh, and announcement that a dex would be released with her.

My opinion is that the model review just gave us their next four codices after SM/Necrons, Death Guard-Sisters of Battle-Adeptus Mechanicus-Orks-Drukhari, probably released monthly or every other month. Each codex will get a new HQ- So Deathguard get a new named charater, Sisters get a Palantine, AdMech get a Skitarii Primus, Orks get a new hq of some variety (probably a named one) and Drukhari get Lelith. None of those factions will get any new models other than the single HQ model (which at least makes sense for SoB/DG/AdMech, given their recent new models). Sucks for Drukhari and Orks, as if my hunch is correct we won't be getting anything new for at least another two years- but maybe they'll fix the points for Drukhari with the new codex...

Edited by Lord_Ikka

We aren't getting even the two confirmed dexes til October, so while I'd like 1/ month, I'm not sure we'll get that.

I hope the other dexes get something akin to the recent admech release than just the single model. Even the LT model + one other kit- vehicle or unit, preferable as a dual build.

Sisters need an aircraft, a LOW, and Supreme Commander and that's about it.

Admech don't need much after the PA drop, but wow did they need that Skitarri Commander.

I know squat about Orks, so can't write intelligently about what they still need. People do seem pretty convinced new Boyz are coming, even if the new model isn't a Boy.

DE though, we need A LOT! I'll be happy to have plastic Lelith, of course, but she doesn't solve any problems to the army, because she does currently exist. We NEED Trueborn and Bloodbrides rules wise. We need additional HQ, not just resculpt, in all 3 categories. As for models, we need new Court of the Archon, Grotesques, Mandrakes and Beasts + Master. I think that would get rid of DE Finecast?

I see Sisters and Admech as small accompanying model releases for the dex, so likely they come first. I think Orks is small or medium- just don't know enough about Orks. I think DE needs to be a large release, so we likely wait the longest of the four. I do absolutely agree that these will be the first four dexes after SM and Crons though.

Steering the thread back on course a tad, I think DE are missing HQ options in more of a lieutenant esque role for all three of our choices. My hope is that the Lelith update model can  used as an alternate kit to make a second in command for the Succubus (not sure what they're called in lore, are they Blood Brides?), there's shots where she's wearing trousers which is very Hesperax :laugh.:

My hope would be that the rest of the two options also need filling and I think a named Archon should be due to be honest.

In similar vain to ThePenitentOne's post, I think the Court of the Archon is probably due a redo, whilst not technically missing from the range I do think they could maybe expand on that a little? The Court along with Blackstone fortress is place that I feel GW can really expand on the weird and quirky side of the minor Xenos races

For Named Archons, how do people feel about making up a new character to slot in? I'm not sure if they even would but they could do something like they did with Dark Angels where they bring in a new face with no previous mentions

I'd be okay with new characters; I wanted the Blackstone character who stole Vect's ship- forget her name. It would have been so cool- they gave us her ship card, but no explorer. Really dropped the ball.

A new named Archon could be cool too; Drazhar, after all is not an Archon. It's kinda cool, since he can be included in any DE detachment whether Kabal, Cult or Coven. Interestingly enough, Kheraduakh would fit that same bill.

Do I like the idea of new characters better than getting the old ones back? No, not at all. I was really attached to both Kheradruakh, Sathonyx and of course, Vect. Like Yvraine, Sliscuss is a great Corsair tie-in. I liked Malys too, but I agree with everyone else that her niche was punked by Yvraine. Still hope for the others. I mean if you can release a Sanctus, a Locus, a Clamvus, and a Biophagus in one drop, there really isn't a reason you couldn't do a character drop for DE. 

I'd love to see the Court of the Archon expanded into more like the old Inquisitorial Henchmen of 4th edition. After all, when the Court was first introduced, the overarching description says how varied the Courts can be, and that "below are the most common archetypes", but then only gives us the 4 very specific things that we've got.

I know it's an absolute pipe-dream, but I'd love to see the Court changed into what it was apparently meant to be, and instead of specific units (Sslyth/Ur-Ghul/Medusae/Lhamaean), what I really want is to have 4 modifiable archetypes, maybe Bodyguard/Beast/Courtesan/Arcane, each having a base statline, and able to pick one of several options each, so we can make the incredibly varied Courts that Archons should be surrounding themselves with.

Give us the option to make our Bodyguard an Incubus instead of just Sslyth, or even a Trueborn for those Archons who want to keep things "in-house" (or are points-stingy).

Instead of just Lhamaeans, give us the option of other hangers-on, like a herald/banner-bearer to proclaim the glory of their Archon (and boost his aura abilities slightly as a result).

That's just off the top of my head. Of course, I doubt we'll get anything like this, but I can dream!

While that is unlikely to happen, the Inquisition ability Agent, which grants the character trait to the model when it is used as a single model would do A LOT for the Court of the Archon in Crusade.

It would allow individual Court models to take warlord traits an relics, as well as earn Battle Honours.

The other thing it would imply is that Court models could also group into units.

Between the unique combinations of advances and equipment, plus the distinctions between squad level and character level Court models, you get a lot of variety. New plastic multipart kits could facilitate even more variety by allowing multiple load outs.