Ghazghkull's model has [minor] issues.

shabbadoo

Like me, many of you were probably very excited when you learned that Ghazghkull was finally going to get his very own plastic model. The initial pictures didn't blow me away, but the model looked pretty good, and I looked forward to building it.

My grubby little hands got hold of the model about two weeks ago, and I've been slowly and methodically cleaning up the pieces and assembling it bit by bit ever since. In the process of doing so, I began to get an odd feeling about some of the parts/assemblies. Oh, everything fit together just fine, but something was just...off. And so I took a closer look at things...

...and I found something that I can't recall ever seeing on any other GW model, let alone a character model- outright flaws. There are two of them, and they both have to do with the left and right calves of Ghazghkull's legs.

Let's look at the LEFT leg first (image modified, per forum rules):
z9FzZ5i.jpg
You will note that, though the left leg is bent at about a 135 degree angle, the "calf" muscle (or whatever heck that is supposed to be) is bunched up against the thigh nearly to the point of his stem and spores. Ghazghkull apparently has a ginormous tumor the size of his own head on the back of his left knee. I don't know if this project was up against a deadline, such that neither the sculptor nor anybody doing a final check didn't catch it or what, but this is just...bad. And on a character model - a character model that will likely sell for a good chunk of change when sold by itself. Not good at all.

Now let's look at the RIGHT leg:
uzXPrOl.jpg
zn1qdM3.jpg
At least on the RIGHT leg there is no back knee tumor...but then the calf muscle detail is not even there on this leg - the area is flat! Did I leave a small piece on the spure, because surely there was a small piece that fit into the halves that filled in the calf muscle space properly, right? Nope. The LEFT leg at least has that part right:
A43la84.jpg
But not the RIGHT leg. This area of the model is simply unfinished. Look at your model parts, and you should see what I am talking about. Once again, I don't how this could slip by the attention of the sculptor or anybody else, but it did.

One final point of note: neither of these two mistakes has anything to do with limitations inherent in plastic molding.

So, two mistakes slipped by. On the same model. I've never seen anything quite like this on a GW model, let alone a character model.
c3cDixN.jpg

Edited by shabbadoo

Perhaps you do not have the model yet. It is not an armor plate. It is bulging "muscle" covered in cloth (his pants). Whatever it is intended to be, it has no business being located where it is.

Odd. The new sculpts are pretty good usually. Quick fix with green stuff but you should not need it at the price. You are rightfully vexed!

Yep! In the 42 years I have been collecting models, I have built (and sometimes even painted!:eek:) more than 10,000 miniatures/models. I've never seen anything so egregiously wrong on a GW model, or pretty much any model, in all that time.

Edited by shabbadoo