Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lights, Camera... Action Figures!

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,783 posts

s6I4gVlO9z8D3bUM.jpg

WarCom Article.

Quite liking the look of these! McFarlane are great!
  • Tyr13 likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
While I’m not in the market for action figures, I appreciate that GW is also selling one that can be painted up.
  • Alby the Slayer likes this

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 505 posts
Wonder how they will compare against the other smurf action figure GW released. Fancy a red one myself lol

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,339 posts
Seems there'll be a paintable version this time around

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,580 posts

The Necron isn't bad.  I could buy it, but it'll come down to cost and when they go up for sale (relative to the new kits coming), I guess.  

• mithrilforge likes this

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 891 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
This is just teasing! Telling us the necron warrior includes a scarab but not showing us it :(

I like the inclusion of an unpainted one.

phoenix01

phoenix01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
That bolt pistol looks downright anemic. Hope it has a little more presence in the real.

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Desire to paint one as a statue terrain piece intensifies......

• mel_danes, Gederas and Ovidius Incertus like this

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
I really like that they are already offering an unpainted option.
If they are of the quality of the other McFarlane lines, I'll buy one just to make a Mentor Legion operative to put on my bookshelf.

Really hyped for the chaos types and AdMech that will hopefully follow.
Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,226 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

I'm a fan of the Rule of Cool ... but every time I see a Sister firing a Boltgun single-handed gangsta style, I think .... just no.

• mel_danes likes this

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.png gallery_48988_10069_135.png gallery_48988_15465_8206.png gallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9e
Raven Guard : 7 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts

Still waiting for my Bandai one to ship... :(

The assault intercessor looks a little lame, I think the weapons look a little too small. The wrists look a little thin on both, but maybe because the pose, it doesn't look as bad on the rifle intercessor.

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Sargeant Centurion

Sargeant Centurion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 117 posts
  • Faction: Green Ultramarines

Its funny becouse the Intercessor have a Reiver heavy bolt pistol model instead the new one for this squad.

GUMIA!!!, to ME!!!!.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,664 posts

I'm a fan of the Rule of Cool ... but every time I see a Sister firing a Boltgun single-handed gangsta style, I think .... just no.

Yes, realistically they would need some kind of strength enhancing, powered exo-suit to wield such a weapon one handed.
  • Magos Takatus, Gederas, Halandaar and 7 others like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Beaky Brigade

Beaky Brigade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 848 posts

Am I going mad or did the article originally imply more strongly that other characters from the trailer would get an action figure? This is all I can find now:

..These are just the first two figures from what promises to be a larger line. In fact, we’ve got another one to show you that answers the burning question you’re probably wondering right now…

...Time will tell what’s next, but we’re incredibly excited about this partnership already. Keep an eye out for more news as we have it, and look for the first action figures to arrive later this year. If you just can’t wait, you can already order highly detailed Primaris Space Marines Intercessors with 0 points of articulation,** in a smaller scale. Give them a shot while you wait for your action figures!

Did they edit it?

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,178 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Hmm. The Necron has a good sculpt but the range on the joints looks a bit rubbish (90 degree knees and elbows on a humanoid figure is pretty lame, especially without the excuse of bulk the Marine has) and if my experience of McFarlane is anything to go by the paint and build will be sub-par. Also, the gun is warped in the promo pics, which is kinda appalling.

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,222 posts
I see you can Pre order them in the US but can’t find anyone offering them in UK, anybody out there found a retailer?

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,244 posts

Hmm. The Necron has a good sculpt but the range on the joints looks a bit rubbish (90 degree knees and elbows on a humanoid figure is pretty lame, especially without the excuse of bulk the Marine has) and if my experience of McFarlane is anything to go by the paint and build will be sub-par. Also, the gun is warped in the promo pics, which is kinda appalling.

Oh god, you’re right. That’s bad!

So has the Sgt got no backpack? I don’t like the look, looks unfinished.

I got my Bandai recently. I like it but not sure I need any more SM figures on my nerd shelf. Maybe a Skitarii or an Ork.

Tyr13

Tyr13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts
  • Faction: IH, SLoA, Agripinaa

The necron paintjob is kinda iffy too. Its literally just silver an bronze pieces with a monochrome green haphazardly slapped onto some areas... (though its cool that necrons are getting some love)

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 752 posts
  • Faction: Fighting Furies
Not a Necrontyr fan but will buy one just to (hopefully) encourage more non-Astartes models in any range expansion. Like that they are running a non painted model as well.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,161 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

OOh I like the Necron, will repaint it fully if I do get one though sweat.gif

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

~Drakzilla~

~Drakzilla~

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts
You guys realize these are prototypes, right? I think it's too early to be judging the finish of the final product based on what we see here.

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
According to McFarlane website the action figures will be available for $24.99 Walmart September 17th.

Edited by rookie40K, 29 May 2020 - 02:51 AM.

• mel_danes likes this

Spectral Bob

Spectral Bob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10 posts

Maybe its just the angle, but it looks like the Marine's chest eagle is separate from the chest, not molded on like a typical marine. Some of the pinions rise above the chest. Not a look I care for.

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 901 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons

According to McFarlane website the action figures will be available for $24.99 Walmart September 17th.

Which just goes to showcase that GW asks a lot for their standard minis.

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,594 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

Whats the price tag on these?

While the one by bandai is amazing, the price tag is...ouch...

Was thinking of getting one, and convert it to chaos, but with those prices dang...

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users