Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lights, Camera... Action Figures!

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 901 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons
The new ones by McFarlane, according to the WalMart website preorder are about $25 US.

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts

The new ones by McFarlane, according to the WalMart website preorder are about $25 US.

Pretty cheap, that's good.

Not my cup of tea, something is off with proportions, sizes. Maybe it's the helmet but as in the video animation for the new edition, they seems too small in general.

As someone says, I can see it as a piece for a terrain but... I don't know.

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,321 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Up for preorder on Anazon for $20.
  • mel_danes likes this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 505 posts
I can't see it on UK site

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
Compared to the miniatures, the placement and size of the power pack on the Assault Intercessor seems off/small.
Reworking the proportions to work as an action figure I understand.
I wonder what kind of material the armor is made it of, if it's rigid or that soft plastic much of the Mcfarlane line is made from.

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts
I’d imagine that it’ll probably be the softer plastic. If sold in stores when a kid could buy it, you don’t want any piece to break with a hard sharp point that could harm them.

Hello Lawsuit!

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 901 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons

I am thinking of getting the Assault Intercessor repainted as my own Chapter.

• GalaxyChief likes this

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts
I pre-ordered both today. I missed out on the bandai one and I’m still kicking myself. Didn’t want to miss out on these too

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts
I think it's a pretty cool action figure, but for my money I'd rather buy plastic crack I can game with or vintage 80's 3 1/4 inch GIJoe figs, a hobby I've been interested in for some time, but haven't pulled the pin on as if yet.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts
So, when they first announced the McFarlane series they had an Intercessor. Now that pre-orders are up, they only have the Assault Intercessor. And he’s a sergeant. Do we think they will have a regular Intercessor eventually?

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
I suspect so. The paint your own Intercessor is blank, so creating a version that's already painted is easy to do.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

The only thing that makes the sergeant a sergeant is the red helmet anyway. Just paint it differently (or get one of the blank ones so you can paint them yourself from the ground up).

I wonder when we will see a Crisis suits. Robotical bodies are so easy to turn into toys since the joints usually aren't covered in hide or rubber or similar.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Avicenna

Avicenna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

So, when they first announced the McFarlane series they had an Intercessor. Now that pre-orders are up, they only have the Assault Intercessor. And he’s a sergeant. Do we think they will have a regular Intercessor eventually?

On the McFarlane toys site they have both - the prepainted sgt on pre-order now and the paint your own intercessor with the bolt rifle which isnt on order yet

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,222 posts
https://tnp.media/ne...mcfarlane-toys/
  • happyslugger likes this

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 505 posts

https://tnp.media/ne...mcfarlane-toys/

May end up being cheaper to ship one from USA then lol

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 712 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

If the give me a sister I'll buy her, and if I buy one, I'll probably buy a few of the others to keep her company.

But the sister has to come before I buy any. This is why I had no interest in the Bandai.

I liked the Sister Funko Pop, but the whole, "Buy a random box and hope the one model you want is in it," is the worst design ever.

• tangoalphatwo likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,222 posts
There doesn’t seem to be anyone in the UK offering pre ordering like in the states which is odd for GW. McFarlane obviously view the US as their prime market for these. Hopefully we get them at a reasonable price here too

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,091 posts
  • Faction: Anges de Vindication

Can't shake the feeling that the Primaris figure just looks awful. Too skinny, pauldrons are too low/small, and the backpack is lower than the head which cuts a weird looking profile compared to models and art. Necron looks alright but a shame the Space Marine looks like one of those abominations in the DOW 3 trailer. Chicken legged marines.

+Quod vult valde vult+

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,898 posts

Says it ships sept 30th on the US amazon so may order one, not really my thing but I am curious now.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,783 posts

An additional update on the McFarlane figures - they are slated for release in October, and are a one-week release. MtO again, I'm assuming.

mkbKIlr.png

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 369 posts
It says pre-orders on the 10th October which we could reasonably assume is when the first/second wave of actual models pre-orders start.

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,704 posts
  • Faction: Confessors
McFarlane Toys website has these listed as being 20 USD for what it is worth.

The coloring seems a bit off-- but at only 20 bucks, repainting them shouldnt be too much of a hassle.

Edited by The_Chaplain, 22 September 2020 - 03:08 PM.

gallery_29004_6198_9307.pnggallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_30308_9518_8389.pnggallery_74802_15827_10034.jpggallery_48988_15738_19809.pnggallery_30308_9518_8597.jpg

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 935 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

20 bucks is not bad for repaintening. It´s the joints i´m more worried here

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,666 posts

Weirdly, I'm kind of tempted by the bare plastic figure, especially if it comes in at 20 USD?

• Felix Antipodes likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts

They seem to be on amazon as well. The preorder dates line up but there's no mention of them being a limited thing there.

• Petitioner's City likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users