Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lights, Camera... Action Figures!

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 891 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
May just be limited on the GW website. GW is going to want to get in on the action to maximize the amount they make from the sale but probably don't want to keep them in stock for long.

This way GW can get a load of sales that would otherwise go through Amazon or Forbidden Planet/other comic shops

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,604 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I just don't understand the action figure market. How do the Bandi sales not eat into this figure and vice-versa?

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts

I just don't understand the action figure market. How do the Bandi sales not eat into this figure and vice-versa?

Different price point attracts different customers.
Mcfarlane is mass market offering.
Bandai were billed as premium boutique product, with appropriate pricing.

Edited by mel_danes, 22 September 2020 - 06:11 PM.

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,183 posts

Can I get a dang Chaos Marine of *ANY* variety?!? I'll preorder one the day it goes up. 

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

One annoyance is having to apparently order from GW directly, no mention of local shops. Would incur postage costs too. I wonder how limited the GW stock for this is as well, if it'll be gone in seconds again.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,063 posts

Different price point attracts different customers.
Mcfarlane is mass market offering.
Bandai were billed as premium boutique product, with appropriate pricing.

Yup.

This is also a different scale to Bandai by the looks of it. People may well buy a *squad* of these for around the cost of Bandai.

One annoyance is having to apparently order from GW directly, no mention of local shops. Would incur postage costs too. I wonder how limited the GW stock for this is as well, if it'll be gone in seconds again.

May vary depending on your location, but Amazon in the UK have the figures up for order on there.

Necron

Assault Intercessor

Blank Intercessor

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts

Yeah some UK locations have them, but none here :(

The Bandai prices are just silly by comparison, but then again plenty of people disagree. Good to have a cheaper option, nonetheless.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,783 posts

pxrvxT8a35SRc4QP.jpg

Roll on wave two - quite excited for the Sister of Battle!

• tvih and Gundric like this

mkbKIlr.png

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts

I already was interested in the unpainted Intercessor, but damn, that Sister is a must-have. Odd that they don't show her with a weapon at all?

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts
I got my Necron and ultramarine AI yesterday. Damn near the exact same size as the Bandai, which is pretty cool.

I’m digging the sister, but if she’s 8” I’m out. These are suppose to be 1/12 scale. A normal human would be 6” tall.

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,321 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Is anybody else having trouble with their amazon order? Mine says its supposed to arrive tomorrow but hasn't shipped yet.

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

Is anybody else having trouble with their amazon order? Mine says its supposed to arrive tomorrow but hasn't shipped yet.

It’s amazon, it may not ship until like 7 Am tomorrow and you’ll still get it by noon!

But same here, I got the two painted yesterday, but my unpainted Intercessor comes tomorrow. So we will see.
  • GalaxyChief likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,222 posts
Sister is awesome

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 646 posts
Wait, what? I've missed them???

Saying sold out everywhere but thought they didn't go up for pre-order til next week?

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 891 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Wait, what? I've missed them???

Saying sold out everywhere but thought they didn't go up for pre-order til next week?

Not yet, they will be available to order from games workshop from the 10th so you can grab them then.
Other sources may have had limit stock and sold out.

If you want them from GW probably best to get the order in early on the 10th as this may be another item that sells out in 15 min or less

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 181 posts
I got email from amazon saying they were still trying to obtain the item

Vazzy

Vazzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,580 posts
  • Faction: Shattered Suns
Amazon jjst moved my delivery back to late October early November, I’ll probably try and order via GW now just in case.

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts

Didn't see on amazon in Europe yet.

I already was interested in the unpainted Intercessor, but damn, that Sister is a must-have. Odd that they don't show her with a weapon at all?

I think they will reveal it later, I hope for a flamthrower but her hands suggests a weapon for sure.

edit: wrong cut/copy

Edited by Alby the Slayer, 02 October 2020 - 02:46 PM.

Seahawk

Seahawk

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,321 posts

I think they will reveal it later, I hope for a flamthrower but her hands suggests a weapon for sure.

She comes with a bolter and chainsword.

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

She comes with a bolter and chainsword.

Not that I don’t believe you, because that makes sense with her being from the trailer too... but link or pics?

Seahawk

Seahawk

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,321 posts
https://www.walmart....ISTER/422121489
  • tangoalphatwo likes this

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
I just got mine delivered from Amazon(both Space Marine and Necron). They’re really great for the price! I have the Bandai one too, McFarlane is bigger, but paint job is very basic no shading or battle damage, and much more toy like. Still $20, is really great, especially if you plan to paint a grey one. If you have kids and want them to play with a cool toy? Get both!

Oh also, way better quality than McFarlane Halo figures, from the looks in regards to durability and not having pieces falling off.

Sorry for multiple edits, but update the Necron has some decent battle damage/wear and tear. I know some will complain on paint job, but to sound like a broken record, damn cool for $20 considering $100 for the other. I’m personally not disappointed and will buy more.

Edited by rookie40K, 03 October 2020 - 12:01 AM.

• tangoalphatwo likes this

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

https://www.walmart....ISTER/422121489

Awesome! Thank you!

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,244 posts

I just got mine delivered from Amazon(both Space Marine and Necron). They’re really great for the price! I have the Bandai one too, McFarlane is bigger, but paint job is very basic no shading or battle damage, and much more toy like. Still $20, is really great, especially if you plan to paint a grey one. If you have kids and want them to play with a cool toy? Get both!

Oh also, way better quality than McFarlane Halo figures, from the looks in regards to durability and not having pieces falling off.

Sorry for multiple edits, but update the Necron has some decent battle damage/wear and tear. I know some will complain on paint job, but to sound like a broken record, damn cool for $20 considering $100 for the other. I’m personally not disappointed and will buy more.

So the McFarlane is bigger than the Bandai?! Wow, I don’t need another blue dust magnet but if a McFarlane Skitarii comes along...
  • Magos Takatus likes this

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 752 posts
  • Faction: Fighting Furies
The sister looks great but would have liked a helmetless option. Still, can't complain about the price.

Edited by Felix Antipodes, 03 October 2020 - 08:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users