'Bits' in my Yriel Yellow?

Now I figure this issue isn't exclusive to Yriel Yellow, but I've not had this issue before so I figured I'd make a point of including which paint.

Opening a pot that's apparently from 2018, albeit unopened, I began painting some [REDACTED] using Yriel Yellow on top of an Averland Sunset basecoat. However what I've quickly noticed is there were tiny bits on the paint with every stroke. If I didn't move these away quickly enough, they 'set' with the paint and now I can't get rid of them in places unless I scraped the paint away with it. 

I've shaken it plenty and other than these bits the paint applies fine (for Yriel Yellow anyway), however after shaking it and observing it 'flow down' you can easily spot more of these gritty bits. It doesn't matter if I layer the point on as one big un-thinned blob or almost to a glaze consistency, these gritty bits remain.

Is it fair to say it's a case of buying another pot (well, a non-GW equivalent) or is it salvageable with something like those steel ball bearings I've been putting off buying?

Edited by Lord Marshal

You can try putting a little paint thinner and a steel ball bearing into it and shaking vigorously.

Though with the amount of time it might take to do that, you're probably better off just getting another pot of paint.

Dried paint or clumped pigment powder.  All of my Ceramite Whites I've bought recently are a mess like that which is kinda crazy for such expensive paint :sad.:

You do realize Ceramite White has been discontinued for about a year now? They never really replaced it, suggesting White Scar or Corax White instead. 

I still have paint from the Bush administration so a year is pretty recent for me, especially at my glacial painting pace. I had the same issue with two Coraxes that I opened in the store, stirred with a toothpick, and exchanged right there. I’ve had better luck with Grey Seer, that seems to be good stuff.