If you could have 1 unit in plastic, what would it be?

I was just curious to see what other people’s priorities would be. So if you could have one unit from the EXISTING* model range converted into plastic what would it be and why? Maybe you want it to be cheaper or it’s a terrible resin kit so you want it easier to build or any other reason you like.

Personally I’d have the MKIV assault squad converted into plastic to make it easier and less expensive to use a lot of assault squads for my BA.

*I chose existing to make it more about turning it from resin to plastic, otherwise it’s just a wish list of what unit you want :)

Does discontinued count? If so, Mk II by a mile. It's a gaping hole in the heresy range imo.

If not, then either Mk IV assault squads or a Deimos pattern chassis.

Agree. MKII is the one thing I want back the most. Shame that the rumors for a plastic boxet with Saul Tarvitz were fake. I would also love if the MKIV boxnought came back, but that's jsut using the plastic kit excuse to wish for more models.

If I had to choose one existing resin kit in particular and turn it plastic... Thunderhawk, no two ways around it.

There are too many good options...

I think Deimos Rhino because FW could then just offer upgrade parts to make Predators, Vindicators, Whirlwinds.

Fire Raptors and Storm Eagles are apparently pains to assemble so plastic versions would be great.

MKII would be great as it's an iconic armour mark.

Edited by Hfran Morkai

You guys will think I'm insane, but I actually prefer resin. For instance, I hate the Calth MK III/IV marines - they are too bulky and out of scale with all pre-existing Heresy infantry models, whilst lacking in detail. Good for kids to get into 30k, to be sure, but otherwise not my cup of tea. And as far as vehicles are concerned, the only tank I have not enjoyed building so far was my Stormblade, precisely because of all the fiddly plastic bits. Give me nice, hefty chunks of resin any day of the week. 

Definitely Mark II.

You guys will think I'm insane, but I actually prefer resin. For instance, I hate the Calth MK III/IV marines - they are too bulky and out of scale with all pre-existing Heresy infantry models, whilst lacking in detail. Good for kids to get into 30k, to be sure, but otherwise not my cup of tea. And as far as vehicles are concerned, the only tank I have not enjoyed building so far was my Stormblade, precisely because of all the fiddly plastic bits. Give me nice, hefty chunks of resin any day of the week. 

So, I think it's the other way around: The Resin infantry models are way too skinny and out of scale with the rest of GW's range. I've assembled the Night Raptors and I have to say, they have WAY too skinny legs. It doesn't match any artwork depictions of Marines.

Well, most of them. I haven't handled the Mark III models yet, but the Mark IV ones I have (Night Raptors and Mark IV Command) are laughably skinny.

Edited by Gederas

Deimos vehicle. Just sell the basic rhino chassis and I'll shell out for additional upgrades like I do for dreadnought arms no problem.

Rhinos are almost married to tactical and veteran tactical squads I feel. So if we have our bread and butter units in plastic having their rides available in plastic would be great

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

Pick one of these, they are in descending order of importance but they are all pretty close to each other in importance in my eyes:

1. Mark II armor - echoing what everybody said, it looks iconic and is OOP
  2. Plastic jetbikes - I am collecting the 1st, would make making a Ravenwing RoW so much cheaper, they are also iconic to the setting
  3. Plastic outriders - Same as above
  4. Plastic Deimos - Could serve as the cheaper plastic base for a lot of sets with FW providing the extra pieces
  5. Plastic breachers - iconic heresy unit

Pick one of these, they are in descending order of importance but they are all pretty close to each other in importance in my eyes:

1. Mark II armor - echoing what everybody said, it looks iconic and is OOP
  2. Plastic jetbikes - I am collecting the 1st, would make making a Ravenwing RoW so much cheaper, they are also iconic to the setting
  3. Plastic outriders - Same as above
  4. Plastic Deimos - Could serve as the cheaper plastic base for a lot of sets with FW providing the extra pieces
  5. Plastic breachers - iconic heresy unit

all of this as the contents of a new starter set XD

I mean, a multipart Solar Auxilia kit in plastic with different weapon options would be pretty awesome. We've already been pretty spoiled when it comes to Heresy marines in plastic, and we have Custodes and Sisters in plastic too, with the 40k Mechanicum, Knights and Daemons ranges able to pull double duty a little bit for their 30k equivalents. That really just leaves Solar Auxilia as the only FW/resin-exclusive army, so getting a squad of them in plastic would be great.