Battle Report: Exorcists vs Harlequins

Icosiel

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if this is appropriate to share in our Grey Knights forum, but I thought maybe because the Exorcists are a successor of the GKs. I usually post GK battle reports, but today I wanted to try something different. I hope you enjoy!

https://forgedindefiance.blogspot.com/2020/05/exorcists-vs-harlequins.html

Great battle report. I feel bad about the suffering that your excellently painted Exorcists went through, but at least it was entertaining and they looked good losing.

Warded is an excellent choice for the chapter from a fluff perspective. Plus, against the right opponent, it can be very helpful. However, harlequins are the right opponent and it doesn't sound like it was too helpful for you. Sadly.

For the second trait, I'd avoid Stoic. It is bad. The only time I could conceive of taking it would be if you were an Ultramarine successor and were using their psychic powers, since one or two are based on your Ld trait. You did not seem to even have a librarian, so that isn't much of a point. Instead, let me suggest Master Artisans. I know that it is a common trait that might seem gamey but to that let me make two points.

1. The Exorcists have access to all sorts of rare equipment and insight into foes typical space marines don't have. That gear isn't necessarily fancy armor or weapons, but charms, rites, and other esoteric stuff. This could represent a degree of luck favoring the marines using such auspicious wargear.
  2. You're already taking Warded, so anybody accusing you of metagaming can step off.

Great battle report. I feel bad about the suffering that your excellently painted Exorcists went through, but at least it was entertaining and they looked good losing.

Warded is an excellent choice for the chapter from a fluff perspective. Plus, against the right opponent, it can be very helpful. However, harlequins are the right opponent and it doesn't sound like it was too helpful for you. Sadly.

For the second trait, I'd avoid Stoic. It is bad. The only time I could conceive of taking it would be if you were an Ultramarine successor and were using their psychic powers, since one or two are based on your Ld trait. You did not seem to even have a librarian, so that isn't much of a point. Instead, let me suggest Master Artisans. I know that it is a common trait that might seem gamey but to that let me make two points.

1. The Exorcists have access to all sorts of rare equipment and insight into foes typical space marines don't have. That gear isn't necessarily fancy armor or weapons, but charms, rites, and other esoteric stuff. This could represent a degree of luck favoring the marines using such auspicious wargear.
  2. You're already taking Warded, so anybody accusing you of metagaming can step off.

That is a really good point! Yeah, Stoic didn't show up once in this game. You know what, screw it, I'll do Master Artisans next game and see how it feels. Thank you for the recommendation!

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if this is appropriate to share in our Grey Knights forum, but I thought maybe because the Exorcists are a successor of the GKs. I usually post GK battle reports, but today I wanted to try something different. I hope you enjoy!

Exorcists fit just fine here in the GK forum:yes:

Superlative Battle Report:thumbsup: You covered all the bases quite well. Good basic narrative gave a clear picture from set up to end of game.... Sorry for the loss, but "cocktails" take the edge off anything:tongue.: Great job on your desert buildings. The whole gaming table set up looked very nice. First rate work with the photos.... not too many nor too few. Really good looking Exorcists army..... your friend's Harlequins looked nice too (don't tell him I said so:tongue.:).

Gaming in the time of plague is quite the challenge, but your counter-COVID19 setup and logistics looked good. Hope you had fun.

Good suggestions all:thumbsup:

Exorcists fit just fine here in the GK forum:yes:

Superlative Battle Report:thumbsup: You covered all the bases quite well. Good basic narrative gave a clear picture from set up to end of game.... Sorry for the loss, but "cocktails" take the edge off anything:tongue.: Great job on your desert buildings. The whole gaming table set up looked very nice. First rate work with the photos.... not too many nor too few. Really good looking Exorcists army..... your friend's Harlequins looked nice too (don't tell him I said so:tongue.:).

Gaming in the time of plague is quite the challenge, but your counter-COVID19 setup and logistics looked good. Hope you had fun.

Good suggestions all:thumbsup:

Thank you! Very kind comments. I'm hoping to do another game next week, so I'll have another report up here!

Not sure why but I get a blog has been removed message when I go in to read the Battle report, is this just me?  I have never had an issue before looking at Icosiel's excellent reports.

Ok, just saw his new post

Edited by Shagah