Necromunda: Underhive Wars - Rogue Factor - PC, Xbox, PS4

Ranulf

Finally we have a (rough) release date and pre-order option with a discount.

You can check out the latest press release here: Necromunda: Underhive Wars coming soon to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4

After appearing to be dead in the water for a long time (the trailer and media releases are years old), it looks like we might finally have a light at the end of the tunnel - even if that light is an oncoming train. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the game proves to be a mighty Champion or a stunted Juve on release.

Either way, I'm just a little bit excited.

-Ran

With how long it's taken to get this far, are you sure you want to wait for them to update everything to the next gen? I'm pretty much expecting this to be a flop now, and that the higher-ups have just told the development team to just release what they've got so they can wash their hands of it.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but yeah, it's not sounding good.

With how long it's taken to get this far, are you sure you want to wait for them to update everything to the next gen? I'm pretty much expecting this to be a flop now, and that the higher-ups have just told the development team to just release what they've got so they can wash their hands of it.

This is my main concern. Getting info on the official Discord channel has been like blood from a stone for the last 18 months. 

If the game was in healthy state of development you'd expect to see snippets of info, media (screenshots, videos) and developer blogs. The fact that there has been nothing of that vein since 2018, along with the recent Focus Home Interactive investor report makes me think that the publisher has told Rogue Factor Studios to just release the damn thing. 

Which to my mind bodes ill.

I too hope that I'm completely wrong.

-Ran

I mean, it'll probably be playable, at least. In the sense that you can launch the game mostly without crashing, and can indeed do things within it. What those things are will remain to be seen, but I highly doubt they'll include "massive, awesome campaigns, and AI that isn't buggy as hell".

I just don't want to see a re-skinned Mordheim: City of the Damned. I enjoyed it for the first few dozen hours, but it quickly became stale. (not to mentioned the bugs)

I'm really hoping they did a redesign from the ground up.

The amount of gangs included in the launch version is also of concern - if all (or at least four) of the house gangs are present and playable, it'll be a great starting point and the rest can come via DLC

-Ran

I personally don’t have an opinion mate as I probably won’t get it cos I’m moving to next gen as soon as the PS5 is out plus I don’t play many GW games on consoles or computers. But good luck to you all that are waiting for this and I hope it’s great. 

...and we have a new cinematic trailer:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/2/21277453/necromunda-underhive-wars-release-date-price-trailer-pc-xbox-one-ps4

With Andy Chambers heavily involved, I have more confidence in the project.

-Ran

Since the game is on steam i thought that Steam didn't promote games that didn't have a lot of content on their page. they only have screenshots of the game but not of gameplay so we don't exactly know what we're going into

Yeah, I'm holding back until we see proper gameplay. Cinematic trailers are all well and good, but they aren't exactly tied in to how the game actually works. A studio could release the most awesomest, bad:censored:  cinematic trailer ever, and the game still play like a buggy version of chess.

• 4 weeks later...

Ooh certain skills give you VATS mode :D nice... Does look good, Ill no doubt end up playing it as I prefer 'Munda to 40k these days and I literally have nothing better to do with my life in 2020. :tu:

Hope to face some of you guys in the Underhive... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...