Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wrath of the Khan (artwork)

White Scars White Scars Successors Storm Sons Storm Lords Primaris

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Nineswords

Nineswords

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 782 posts
  • Faction: Storm Sons

Inspired by the new trailer for 9th edition,  I've decided to update all the lore for my DIY chapter, the Storm Sons (see signature), and produce some new artwork. Here's the first of hopefully many more in time. 

Squad Markings indicate this battle-brother is Sixth Squad, Eighth Brotherhood.

Enjoy.

f8CnZUA.jpg

• Brother Tyler, Mortarion, Gamiel and 11 others like this

+++

'We are the sword of Jaghatai. Had you not created great sins, the Emperor would not have sent a punishment like us upon you.'

Index Astartes: Storm Sons
+++

‘We estrange our fathers and forsake false brotherhoods. The War God cares not from whence we came, only that we fight.’
The Unbroken: A Renegade Cult of Obliteration

+++

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 578 posts
  • Faction: Various

Great job!

• Nineswords and Xin Ceithan like this

Nineswords

Nineswords

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 782 posts

Great job!

Thank you, brother.
  • AHorriblePerson likes this

+++

'We are the sword of Jaghatai. Had you not created great sins, the Emperor would not have sent a punishment like us upon you.'

+++

‘We estrange our fathers and forsake false brotherhoods. The War God cares not from whence we came, only that we fight.’

+++

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 974 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves, Night Lords.

Really cool. I read the Deathwatch RP thread and the Storm Son you play was an intriguing character, I remember the egg comp thing well. 

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

Nineswords

Nineswords

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 782 posts

Really cool. I read the Deathwatch RP thread and the Storm Son you play was an intriguing character, I remember the egg comp thing well.

We are still going!
  • Xin Ceithan likes this

+++

+++

+++

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 974 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves, Night Lords.

We are still going!

Don't have that much time to read itnsadly, but I'll give it a go when I can! :) :)

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,961 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
Really great Artwork, Nine!

Might I also add that it is totally worth checking out Nine's other work in the RPG subforum ;)
  • Nineswords likes this
Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,653 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

I second that. The Marine looks intimidating as hell, as appropriate for one of the Great Khan's sons. The horsehair charm on his bolt rifle is a good touch.
  • Nineswords likes this
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

Nineswords

Nineswords

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 782 posts

I second that. The Marine looks intimidating as hell, as appropriate for one of the Great Khan's sons. The horsehair charm on his bolt rifle is a good touch.

Thank you! It’s called a sulde - I write about it the RPG I’m doing with Xin but it was a real thing in ancient Mongolian culture which I totally co-opted.
  • Gamiel likes this

+++

+++

+++

Talthus

Talthus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

Gorgeous piece of art!

• Nineswords likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: White Scars, White Scars Successors, Storm Sons, Storm Lords, Primaris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users