Army Composition Changes in 9th Edition

SirVulkan

So with the dawn of 9th edition and the change to how many CP you start with being based on point size rather than detachments I was thinking that I could probably get away with just a battalion.  This frees up almost 300 points worth of troops.  So that is a bonus.  

The changes to ruins could be advantageous to our aggressors walking across the board as well.

Any other thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

The changes to ruins could be advantageous to our aggressors walking across the board as well.

Any other thoughts?

Weapons that ignore Los are going to be even more popular in 9th. So we need to be prepared to deal with them quickly.

In 8th we didn't see a lot of vehicles.

Now that vehicles can shoot in combat and are no longer penalized for moving we will see a lot more of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I was thinking the same thing.  I hope that they upped the points of those LOS ignoring weapons though.  Otherwise the game could get old fast.  The biggest counter for us would be to simply put more things in transports.  Glad I didn't sell all of my rhinos and razorbacks.  Impulsor is a good transport as well.  

I really do not want to buy whirlwinds or TFC.  Id rather just fly forward and smash the vehicles to dust.

• 4 weeks later...
I think walkers like Dreads and Invictors definitely came up in this edition as well. Their close combat capabilities were fairly well enhanced by adding their shooting into the mix, and the ability to throw shots down range without penalty while they wade into combat is useful too.