Total noob, Fire Warriors fluff questions

Hi guys. I have played a little 40k; mostly Space Wolves. I wanted to try Kill Team, so I picked up the Starter set. It includes 10 Fire Warriors and 2 drones. I have been poring over their stat blocks and watching YouTube video's but thought it best to talk to actual 40k T'au players; if any of you are willing, of course. Long term I probably will not built this into a full 40k army so I am tempted to just go wild and airbrush some crazy paint scheme. The scale modeller/rivet counter in me goes into a state of shock just thinking about that. So here is where I beseech you for your knowledge: if I do choose to take the traditional right and use fluff colors and emblems, what would you recommend? If this was Space Wolves for example, I would know that the Wolf Lord my guys follow would have different fluff and markings, but get no actual rules consideration. So the Blackmanes may look different than the Fire Howlers, but on table top, they are identical. Whereas my girlfriends Orks actually get different rules with the different clans. Are the T'au Septs the same? Is there a good source for someone who doesn't have the codex to read about the lore, markings and color schemes? Thanks in advance!

Yeah different T'au Septs have different rules.

Here's the thing about T'au colour schemes and their heraldry though: what's important is the colour of the Sept markings, not the colour of the armour. The armour gets painted to fit into the environment they get deployed in (with exceptions being the white Vior'la parade uniform you see on the boxes and the red Farsight Enclaves armour).

There was a bright green paint scheme (like almost neon green) in one of the earlier books, and the reason given was the enemy they were fighting could not see that color in their spectrum.

Literally any color you want to paint them can fit into the lore. The individual sept colors can probably be found online if you don’t have the codex.