Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What to add to my accidental 2k Kraken Nids?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Fierce Bear

Fierce Bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 287 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I 'accidentally' started a Kraken Nids Army whilst the lockdown, Space Hulk & Space Hulk Deathwing was how I originally got into the 40k hobby and the lockdown seemed like the ideally excuse to finally paint up the Stealers I had, one eBay thing led to another and now I'm left wondering what to add...

...I have all the Broodlord, swarmlord, Flyrant (magnetised arms), biovores, troops/swarms in the list below but from what I read I am leaning towards the Neurothrope, Zoanthropes and Exocrines to add once my I've finished the batch painting!

I do like the kraken scheme and ethos but a Kronos detachment for the heavy support might be a smart move? I've a lone Tyranid Prime/warrior that could allow for that in the list...

Ideas and comments welcome!

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Tyranids) [68 PL, 8CP, 1,045pts] ++

+ Configuration +

[Reference] Discipline: Hive Mind

[Reference] Extensions of the Hive Mind

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Hive Fleet: Kraken

+ HQ +

Broodlord [8 PL, 115pts]: Power: Catalyst, Power: Smite, Resonance Barb, Warlord

The Swarmlord [15 PL, 250pts]: Power: Catalyst, Power: Smite, Power: The Horror

+ Troops +

Genestealers [16 PL, 240pts]: 5x Acid Maw, 20x Scything Talons
. 20x Genestealer: 20x Rending Claws

Genestealers [16 PL, 240pts]: 5x Acid Maw, 20x Scything Talons
. 20x Genestealer: 20x Rending Claws

Termagants [9 PL, 120pts]
. 5x Termagant (Devourer): 5x Devourer
. 20x Termagant (Fleshborer): 20x Fleshborer

+ Heavy Support +

Biovores [2 PL, 40pts]: Biovore, Show Spore Mine Rules

Biovores [2 PL, 40pts]: Biovore

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Tyranids) [55 PL, 5CP, 957pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [5CP]

Hive Fleet: Kraken

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [11 PL, 218pts]: Power: Onslaught, Power: Psychic Scream, Power: Smite, 2x Two Devourers with Brainleech Worms, Wings

Neurothrope [4 PL, 90pts]: Power: Smite, Power: Synaptic Lure

+ Troops +

Ripper Swarms [2 PL, 33pts]
. 3x Ripper Swarm: 3x Claws and Teeth

+ Elites +

Zoanthropes [12 PL, 240pts]: Power: Psychic Scream, Power: Smite
. 6x Zoanthrope: 6x Claws and Teeth

+ Heavy Support +

Exocrine [11 PL, 155pts]
. Adaptive Physiology: Voracious Ammunition

Exocrine [11 PL, 155pts]

++ Total: [123 PL, 13CP, 2,002pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

IronDreddKnight

IronDreddKnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
Zoanthropes work really well in a kraken list, since they can move, advance and maybe use movement stratagems before the psychic phase, you can get them into position to use smite. I tend to take psychic scream in unit of 4+ to deal 3D3 mortal wounds per turn.

Exocrines are incredible, but really want to be in a kronos detachment. The re roll 1's and symbiostorm really push the Exo's potential. Dont forget to use pathogenic slime for flat 3 damage. I also give my Exo's dermic symbiosis for the 5++.

Old one eye loves a kraken list, especially with swarmlord, They're a great double act. As long as you can keep OOE character protected while he crosses the board, he'll smash just about anything in combat. Don't let anything swing back, he can dish it out, but he can't take a beating.

Edited by IronDreddKnight, 04 June 2020 - 08:44 AM.

Fierce Bear

Fierce Bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 287 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Thanks IronDredd, I hadn't considered old one eye, I like the idea or a very assault focused brood, I'm tempted to ignore shooting almost entirely on a rule of cool basis...

...one problem... Flyers/aircraft, I really need the Flyrant to earn it's points there...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users