Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Skies of Fire

Aeronautica Imperialis game

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The pre-order preview has dropped, all the new AI stuff is dropping in one week.
This accelerated release schedule is going to be expensive!

https://www.warhamme...-skies-of-fire/

Edited by Dosjetka, 01 June 2020 - 02:09 PM.
=][= Removed 9th Edition comments; let's keep this an AI-centric thread. =][=

Lay

Lay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,078 posts
  • Faction: A̶l̶p̶h̶a̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶

Wooo, Taros! That's from the old Imperial Armour book! I hope this is a way to keep the stories from those early Forge World books available in print. If so, I want a Chaos expansion covering Vraks.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,094 posts
Yay, been eagerly awaiting more tiny planes.

A shame the plastic Avenger strike fighter kit is not in this release though.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,234 posts
I'm very keen on lightning interceptors so looking forward to this!

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 995 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

I like the old Lightnings better. Why did they ever change those?

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,234 posts

I like the old Lightnings better. Why did they ever change those?

Good question. Actually my fondness for the lightning is because back in the mists of time I bought a lightning model at games day. I'm not sure I'm entirely behind the Voss redesign but I'm still a sucker for the swept wing design.

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 933 posts

Lorewise, I think they were orignally meant to be different models of lightning, with the Primaris Lightning being the overly complex predecessor nd the 'modern' Lightning being a deliberately degraded design that was lost and then found again. No idea if they changed that though.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,807 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Man whats with GW...everything is on Fire laugh.png … Skies of fire, Dawn of fire,...what's next...? lucky my pants aren't on fire! eek.gif

This new AI drop is timed wrong for me, I'm already saving up for the 9th Ed book and new 40k starter set...unsure.png  my wallet cannot take the strain....

I love the new T'au and the Valks but going to have to pass for now...Plus  I bet it's more expensive now too dry.png

Edited by Dosjetka, 01 June 2020 - 02:11 PM.
Removed portion replying to removed content.

• depthcharge12 likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
How about Wallet on Fire?
  • mithrilforge, Gumo9, Lord Marshal and 2 others like this

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,122 posts

Interesting that Lightnings come in boxes of 6 and not 4. Also noted that the Valkyries are in a box of 4.

Having bought the original starter, I don’t need 6 Lightning fighters so going to go halves on a box with my buddy 

• battle captain corpus likes this

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,420 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I think that’s a function of they way they design the sprues. 3 Lightning’s could fit on the same sized sprue as a thunderbolt and each box is priced for two sprues. Follows the philosophy of all the SG releases.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 01 June 2020 - 10:15 AM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

spinitron

spinitron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 77 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Man whats with GW...everything is on Fire laugh.png … Skies of fire, Dawn of fire,...what's next...? lucky my pants aren't on fire! eek.gif

This new AI drop is timed wrong for me, I'm already saving up for the 9th Ed book and new 40k starter set...unsure.png  my wallet cannot take the strain....

I love the new T'au and the Valks but going to have to pass for now...Plus  I bet it's more expensive now too dry.png

Wasn't the name for the rumoured Battlefleet Gothic remake 'Sea of Fire' biggrin.png

gallery_21629_1792_12867.gif

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,302 posts

How about Wallet on Fire?

Ring of fire would probably also be applicable?!

I'm interested by AI and the tau planes are lovely. I've only played once thus far and it seems heavily skewed towards the imperium as a game unless I've read the game totally wrong?
  • Bev'an likes this

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
In terms of releases there are is a heavy skew towards the imperium at the moment, I think Ork/imperium are balanced in game terms now both the Ork bomber kits are out but they play differently.

For missions which involve landing or extracting troops the valks could end up giving the imperium a big advantage, but we need full rules and points to know. The Irks could probably do with a Chinork for those missions.

It will be good to get full Tau rules, play a few games and see if they are balanced. They may be at a disadvantage for landing troops as well, which would be a shame as rapid redeployment is a big thing for Tau. Hopefully an Orca or something new for them will be forthcoming.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 340 posts
Yeah the game hasn’t really captured me. It seems like a worse version of x-wing.

The Imperium flyers are fun to paint though

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aeronautica Imperialis game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users