An Argent Shroud painting log

ATPete

This is a thread to document my incredibly slow painting progress for my sisters. How slow? Well I started collecting them when Codex: Witch Hunters came out so about that slow. I loved the models ever since I saw them in the 3rd edition rulebook, and over the past few years I've got back in to painting things so I stripped my old paint scheme in favour of the shiny, knightly goodness of the Order of the Argent Shroud.

Current painting varies quite wildly as I learn and practice again but these are my best bunch so far. All metal models of course - I topped up my collection just before the plastic release because I want a consistent looking army. Still deciding what I might expand with next.

8yrj8vD.jpg

A few of the second hand models I have I didn't bother stripping as they were base coated already, but the details look noticeably softer on those ones so I'll send the rest to the meths bath before I get round to them.

The theme in my mind for the army is that contingent of sisters deployed in the third war for Armageddon, so lots of wasteland bases with a good helping of ork skulls courtesy of some quick press moulds.

Edited by ATPete

They look excellent - always pleased to see more Sisters in sliver (though I suppose technically mine are a minor successor order instead).

It's really cool seeing the old retro models, too - I remember when the Witch Hunters codex came out.

Welcome ! Beautiful work here. I especially like the girl with the barrett. Fantastic add for sure. The colors are very nice and smooth. The skin is well executed. Edited by Dread

I think my favourite thing I stumbled in to was the colour scheme, it's all reds and oranges and has hints of Blanche artwork in the colours all because I decided on the orangey desert bases. I'm going to stick with shades of red hair now to complete the look.

Love the sister just behind and to the right of your simulacrum- she kinda looks like she's wearing a Commissar's cap. Great colour scheme- love the red accents.

She is wearing a commissar cap, I used her in my IG for a bit years ago.

• 7 months later...
Bump!

I've been painting very slowly over lockdown but I'm aiming to speed up over the next few weeks. The current plan is to paint at least a couple of minis to completion every week, and here are the first 3.

Week 1

I've been working on overcoming my fear of eyes and it's going well enough so far.

I think I could really push the highlights on the red a bit higher but I'll probs leave it for characters and centrepiece minis, happy with these for tabletop standard.

Definitely want to work on my photography setup a bit more.

Edited by ATPete

• 2 weeks later...
 I completed 3 more sisters this week and the gang is slowly growing. Want to get some better pictures of them when it's light, I've been trying to actually paint all the faces and make the hair look like hair.

wholegang

I've got a project to do with the backpacks eventually. They're easy to paint up and glue on but a lot of the metal ones I have are terrible casts so I might make a sprue of the few good ones and recast them in resin.

Edited by ATPete

• 1 month later...