One of my hobby resolutions this year was to get more involved in the community (beyond just posting on Instagram), so I’ve decided to start a blog to document my efforts to build and paint at least 1000 points of Word Bearers (in 9E points). Hoping sharing my work and thought process will help push me to try new things, and to hopefully inspire others to do the same.
Historically, I’ve also been very hesitant to kitbash and convert models, so one of the aims of this blog is to try and move away from just painting stock models. I’ve also settled on a painting method that strikes a satisfactory (to me) balance between effort and result, so hopefully I can keep to a steady output despite limited hobby time.
Pictures of what I’ve achieved so far:
Test Word Bearer paint scheme – for subsequent models, I’d like to include some freehand script on the armor panels.
A couple of original cultists I made, together with some of the stock cultists from Dark Vengeance.
So the immediate goal for the near future is to complete:
- 10 x Chaos Space Marines – 1/10 done, 3 assembled and primed.
- 30 x Chaos Cultists (with no duplicate models) – 7/30 done, another 9 assembled and primed.
I hope to share more WIP pics soon, in the meantime, thanks for reading!
Edited by Gongsun Zan, 01 June 2020 - 09:24 AM.