Deleting own posts/replies

What would be your stance in terms of the ability to delete your own posts/replies within a certain time-frame? Personally having a response of " - " when you withdraw/remove a post, just looks funky for lack of a better term. On another forum, users were allowed to delete their own posts within a specific time-frame, 15m if I recall. It would just look cleaner, if we were allowed to do so.

That being said, I do see the flip-side of the argument - having the option to do so could encourage people to post something unsavoury within a certain time, delete it, without the moderators knowing. However, I still do think that having that option, would make things look cleaner over-all, as I think this would be a minority. (Your forum is fairly clean, from what I observed). 

EDIT: Just thought I might throw this in there. The yellow box saying your reply has been edited, after a slight edit, be it grammatical or contextual. Similar suggestion to the above - let that edit box show after a certain time.  

Edited by Skywrath