Grey Knights Smash Captain?

Smash Grand Master (almost)

Cuirass of sacrifice 5+ FNP

Nemesis Lord +1D

Inner Fire

Armoured resilience

Warding Stave

Drop him in with Dynamic Insertion, throw on Powerful adept and (if you have CP to spare) Empyric Surge

Cast Inner Fire with +2 to dice roll failing only on a roll of snake eyes and getting possibly 14 rolls at the other end of the scale.

Cast Armoured resilience for -1 to wound rolls on attacks against him until your next psychic phase.

Shoot with whatever ranged weapon you give him (psycannon or psilecer with Tide of Convergence on?) - BS 2+ rerolling 1s

Then suck up a round of psychic, shooting and melee from your opponent with a 2+, 4++ (3++ in melee), 5+++ with -1 to their wound rolls.

Return melee (if still alive) with 6A @ S6  AP-1, D d3+1 - WS 2+ rerolling 1s

Well, unfortunately more like Smash Grand Master (not even close). First of all, Grandmaster knows 2 powers, but can manifest only one, so you have to give him Lore Master instead of Nemesis Lord. Second, nemesis lord+anything but hammer is a waste. It is the same as giving actual smash-cap a powersword instead of hammer. You won't kill anything special with this weapon. Third, trying to make survive inner fire bomb is a waste in 90% cases. You can simply roll 5 ones and save non of them. Getting Cuirass or other relic somewhere else will 100% give you more. Fourth, singe psycannon even with tide of convergence won't yield you much. It may kill a squishy character, but I cannot think of a matchup where it would be a good trade off. Finally, 2+, 4++, 5+++ even with -1 to-wound won't scare anyone. When you have a lone character, he will be just focused and be brought down. Even so, I would take apothecary with stave instead. At least, you will lose only 76 points and, if you are lucky, survive a turn to tie something important. Still, this tactics has nothing to do with smash captains. 

The best thing we can do in terms of damage is Grand Master with Hammer+Augurium Scrolls+Nemesis Lord+Hammerhand+Tide of Fury. Even better if Banner is around. In terms of survivability - Grandmaster with Stave+Cuirass of Sacrifice+Armored Resilience+Heed the Prognosticars. But I won't call any of them being close to smashcap. 

Unless it's been FAQ'ed my codex says a GM can manifest 2 powers and deny 1.

But yes giving him a Hammer works better (I was looking to replicate a storm shield in melee)

Given that he would appear, at the earliest, turn 2 I think it would be safe to assume your opponent has far more to worry about than just 1 smash-captain and wouldn't return fire with everything he has.

Unless it's been FAQ'ed my codex says a GM can manifest 2 powers and deny 1.

Yes, but he knows only one power from sanctic/dominus.

But yes giving him a Hammer works better (I was looking to replicate a storm shield in melee)

I'd go for sanctuary+transhuman physiology in this case. There's no point in protecting him in melee if he gets shot down.

Given that he would appear, at the earliest, turn 2 I think it would be safe to assume your opponent has far more to worry about than just 1 smash-captain and wouldn't return fire with everything he has.

Actually, he doesn't have to. Guy with a stave won't be able to kill anything particulary important. And even with hammer you can just fall back from him after Dynamic Insertion and place some chaff infront of it. He doesn't have fly and only moves 5. I'd say that Jump Pack is essential element of Smash Captain builds. But we, unfotunately, don't have personal teleporters for our characters to replicate it.