Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9th and Custodes

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Maouw

Maouw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts

Was about to drop that, you where faster :P

About the weapons, would be spear becoming interesting now since they gonna drop the cost of them ?

Horus Reborn

Horus Reborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
Not likely a perfect transcription, since I was just quick typing on my phone... But here’s the FW Custodes points breakdown:

FW Custodes

Saggitarum, 50 pts

Custodian w/ Adrs - Pyth, 55 pts

Aquilon Terminator, 75 pts

Contemptor Achillus, 160 pts

Contemptor Galatus, 175 pts

Agamatus, 100 pts

Pallas Grav Attack, 105 pts

Venatari, 55 pts

Caladius Grav, 225 pts

Telemon Dreadnought, 200 pts

Coronus Grav, 265 pts

Ares Gunship, 430 pts

Orion Assault, 500 pts

WEAPONS

Achillus Dreadspear, 0
Adrasite Spear, 0
Arastus bolt calaver, 0
Adrathic Devastator, 5
Arachnus Heavy Blaze, 0
Arachnus Storm Cannon, 40
Galatus Warblade, 0
Illiastus Accel Culverin, 25
Illiastus Firepike, 10
Infernus Incinerator, 10
Kinetic Destroyer, 0
Lastrum Bolt Cannon, 0
Lastrum Stormbolter, 0
Pythrite Spear, 0
Spiculus Bolt Launcher, 10
Spiculus Heavy Bolt Launcher, 0
Twin Adrathic Destructor, 15
Twin Arachnus Blaze Cannon, 0
Twin Arachnus Heavy Blaze, 0
Twin Illiastus Accel Cannon, 0
Twin Las Pulsar, 30
Twin Lastrum Bolt Cannon, 0
Twin Plasma Projector, 15
Venatari Lance, 0

Interceptor Lance, 0
Misericordia, 3
Solarite Power Gauntlet, 5
Solarite Power Talons, 0
Tarsus Buckler, 5
Telemon Caestus, single 30 / pair 40
Galatus Shield, 0

"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it."

nordsturmking

nordsturmking

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

I made another list with the wargear:

0K72c8G.png

Edited by nordsturmking, Yesterday, 01:22 PM.

• H311fi5h and Hantheman like this

Hantheman

Hantheman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts

I made another list with the wargear:

0K72c8G.png

Interesting. I have to say it's exciting to play Custodes.

I think they're strong, but still going to e a high skill ceiling and floor army. They're all eminantly killable still.

Maouw

Maouw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts

I think they're strong, but still going to e a high skill ceiling and floor army. They're all eminantly killable still.

Since english is not my native language, what do you mean ? ^^'

Hantheman

Hantheman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts

Since english is not my native language, what do you mean ? ^^'

They'll be hard to play, and hard to play well, but if you play well you can beat anyone. Basically.

Maouw

Maouw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts

Oh, okay, i see what you mean :)

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,052 posts
Guys FAQs are up. Moment shackles got a massive buff. It's just whatever strat you use next is FREE but it's limited to command phase hmm.

Balerion84

Balerion84

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

Guys FAQs are up. Moment shackles got a massive buff. It's just whatever strat you use next is FREE but it's limited to command phase hmm.

Where do you see it's limited to command Phase? FAQ just says:
Captain-General Trajann Valoris, Abilities,
Moment Shackle
Change the last bullet point to the following:
‘The next Stratagem you use this phase costs 0
Command Points.
  • Hellex_The_Thanatar likes this

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,052 posts

Where do you see it's limited to command Phase? FAQ just says:
Captain-General Trajann Valoris, Abilities,
Moment Shackle
Change the last bullet point to the following:
‘The next Stratagem you use this phase costs 0
Command Points.

I am blind and incorrect. It's any 'next strat'. Nice.

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,078 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

I have not the access to my lists atm but I think my list may have oscillated between only the most minor of changes or actually maybe getting cheaper.

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,052 posts
I think my aquilon list has to drop knives...and that's about it.

Maouw

Maouw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts

About trajann new abilitie, would that be really powerfull to use it for the inquisition strat who allow you tomake a orbital bombing for 4 CP ? Didn't even know this thing exist so i would like to use it but idk if its really THAT powerfull

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,052 posts
I think swooping dive is going to be more impactful than mortal wounds in the amount OB can deal most the time. Unless you roll very hot it doesn't feel that amazing.

Maouw

Maouw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts

Gotcha

I will use it anyway for the purpose of the lulz but maybe not in a competitive list then.

So far, wich inquisitor would be great to take in a custodes list ? Im already plan to take a assassin, the vindicare i guess, but im not sure about the inquisitor. I was aiming for greyfax to deny the overwatch but im not sure she is still worth now ow is a stratagem

Balerion84

Balerion84

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts
Don't forget you can only take 1 Agent of the Imperium (Assassins and Inquisitors) per detachment. So you have to run 2 detachments if you want one of each...

I guess the basic inquisitor with cp regen will still be the one most used?

Trajann's update is great, I have Bobby G painted golden, but it didn't really work before. Now I think I'm going to give it another go, starting with 15CP with Trajann essentially giving you another 3 and +1 per Round... I feel like Scrooge McDuck!

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 574 posts
It really depends what you're looking for. Xenos for cp-generation can work, but if you want psychic support you either go with Greyfax or a Malleus Inq (either Coteaz or no-name). Greyfax is better at denying, Malleus will give you better offensive output. 55p and 1cp for a 2 cast, 2 deny caster that you can give a -1 to wound relic is pretty sweet.

Terrify as a power was an auto-take for me, but now seems less relevant. The Hereticus power Ascertainment is a really good debuff though. Other than that I tend to pick Castigation, because targetable smite is good, and Mental Interrogation for debuff and potential CPs
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

TheWeepingAngel

TheWeepingAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 391 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
I’ve been playing around with the idea of taking Greyfax alongside custodes. As far as I can tell (someone please correct me if I’ve read this wrong), psychic actions only “sacrifice” your psychic phase, as opposed to other actions where you have to do nothing for a whole turn. Given that grefax is a cast 1, deny 2 psyker, you’re not really giving up too much by having her go with mental interrogation (or even psychic ritual - go big or go home), and you still get the benefits of her anti-psyker abilities in the opponent’s turn. Am I reading that right?

I'm now also on Instagram: @wrath_of_bruinen

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 171 posts
What’s everyone’s opinion on Andrasithe and Pyrenathe Spears? Seems like those got comparably cheaper.

BaconCouch

BaconCouch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts

Considering Bolter Bikes and Salvo Launcher Bikes now both cost the same number of points, and the Salvo launcher has 'Blast', and No longer takes a penalty to moving and shooting, does anyone see a place for 1 or 2 in a bike squad? What ratio do you think would be best?

As far as the Pytherite and Adrasite spears, i don't see the point in them...if the guard are close enough to use them, they want to close and get into melee. Adrasite has good damage, but the strength only being 5 hamstrings it. The Pytherite spears only get 1 shot, at 12 inches.

40k Armies I Own

Necrons (10,000 Points)

Custodes (3000 Points)

Space Marines (3500 Points)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users