Infiltrators or incursors?

Dantay VI

I got the Space Wolf portion of the Prophecy of the Wolf.

I also have the marine half of Shadow spear, from which I have infiltrators.

So should I do a second squad of infiltrators or are incursors better to use?

Which will synergize best with the upcoming units and units already released?

Please bare in mind I haven't used any Primaris in a game and have not gotten a game in for about a year so I am very out the loop tactics wise.

Any help greatly appreciated.

It's hard to say with a new edition about to drop on us in a couple months.  Not only are they redoing all the points costs of units, but there's big rules changes that are coming.  With the changes to cover (that we don't know the details of yet), how will that affect Incursors' ability to ignore cover saves?  Is that going to go up in value?  With the change to modifiers to a max of +1/-1 to a roll, how much will that devalue the Incursors' ability to ignore modifiers (it's certainly more valuable when it's ignoring a -4 modifier when shooting at Eldar)?  How will these changes be factored into their new point costs?  And for Infiltrators, they've been seen as overcosted based on their stats, but worthwhile for their Omniscramblers.  Will they come down in points?  Will they now be super-justified over the teased ability for any unit to be put into reserves and come in as reinforcements off board edges/deep strike in the new edition?

If you've already got Infiltrators, I'd go with Incursors. This article sold me on Incursors so that's what I built out of mine. 

@kitwulfen makes some really good points, but I think they'll be a valuable asset to us going into 9th. 

I'm firmly in the wait and see camp.  Never make a decision on anything in this game right before an edition change.

Totally. From a recent post/list i have seen, incursor could be even better than intercessor atm. But what gonna happend in V9 ? We don't know so far, we don't know A LOT of things, so better wait and see and try to be patient with every bit of informations GW give to us :/

I made most of my phobos troops quite ambiguous using space wolf bits and using deathwatch backpacks. They can be whatever.

The incursor ignoring cover and modifiers plus having better hth will most likely be more valuable in most situations. Its looking like they are trying to scale down the the model count and speed up games. Which these guys are good for..speed and pressure.

With armies I deep strike a lot of units I do use mostly infiltrators. Board control is key for lining up deep strikes

Incursors synergise quite well with our Chapter tactic and they are significantly cheaper than Infiltrators. However I do agree that it might be worth waiting to see what changes the new edition bring.