Heraclite's WIP log - Repulsor

Well... Magnets took a long time to get to me, so no painting in april... And may is gonna be busy with all the work there is to do around the house + a metric ton of birthdays in the family...

Yet I did break out the superglue to magnetize the bases of all my painted minis and almost all my WIP minis (only the poxwalkers got magnetized on the death guard side of conquest)

I think it's also a good time to show you the custom boxes I made :

xK03bqWm.jpg

UCoR3pkm.jpg

and their contents :

b6pGlIwm.jpg

30TtymKm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Brother!

Now on to some actual WIP pictures.

For my birthday, my father got me a job lot on ebay consisting of an indomitus captain and LT, a primaris librarian, 5 intercessors, 5 indomitus assault intercessors, and 3 aggressors. So In the lot was also included an age of sigmar painting set. As I want to convert those 3 minis to make at least an inquisitor and maybe somme followers, I had to start building the proper 40k kits to get a sense of what bits would be left to tech the AoS minis a little bit.

So I set myself to first build the assault intercessors (as is, just with a swappable power fist for the sergeant)

dLsBTGoh.jpg

This kit is really lovely and the poses are so dynamic!

Then I started working on the regular intercessors. They are meant as the second half of the assault bolt rifle intercessors I posted earlier in the thread

For that purpose I magnetized the sergeant so that he could be used either as a sergeant or as a regular marine in a 10 man squad :

He's got the choice between a power fist

WsAs0vVh.jpg

a chainsword

ljwHbbch.jpg

or a fancy wrist watch :

1l6wexNh.jpg

he's accompanied by a grenade launcher wielding marine

wIvYZ35h.jpg

a guy pointing toward a threat on the upper floor of the building on the right

tos9H1ah.jpg

a fellow who's a bit too eager on stabbing his opponents

9lxSCwkh.jpg

and the last one, my favorite of the bunch, inspired by my daughter.

she came to check on me at some point so I showed her the already built assault intercessors, she thought they were cool but told me it would be even better if they had two guns!

So I had to make a guy with two guns.

To keep him game legal (even though I can't say I play the game very much), I had to give him an assault bolt rifle, it was a bit fiddly, but I managed to slung one over his shoulder with some leftover strap that I had to cut make it fit.

I really like how bulky he is :

Fz2oCARh.jpg

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think of those !

Cheers

• 1 month later...

My birthday gift included a primaris librarian.

Since I already had one, and didn't want to resell this one, I decided to twist him a little to make it my Chief Librarian.

I tried experimenting with greenstuff, it's far from perfect, but I like it anyway

The equipment is not standard, but since I don't really play, it's not a big deal. And then again, if I get to play, it will be with my kids so we can just house rule everything.

So here he is, trying to harness as much psychic energy as he can before unleashing it onto his foes :

oKiaJg1h.jpg

bofCNFVh.jpg

HMr8NITh.jpg

fsUYhRIh.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

first of all, happy new year to you all !

You can check my last completions for Grostmasha"s twelve months of hobby challenge here :

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/368355-12-months-of-hobby-challenge-2021/?p=5778875

On the building front, I got a box of eliminators.

I built them with lasfusils :

FL3yPzhl.jpg?1

I had 3 etb reivers that i pimped up with all the leftover guns from the kit.

I chose to use all the "non firing" ones, because it was easier to make them look right :

tB7GknFl.jpg?1

I also built a reiver lieutenant with another tweaked etb reiver :

2wGit1Vl.jpg?1

Edited by Heraclite

Thanks a lot guys.

@Naryn : Unfortunately no update on the librarian. He is primed thoughn but I still have 10 intercessors to paint before I start painting what's left of my primed models.

As this librarian will be my chief librarian, I want to give him my best shot and try some fancy techniques, so I don't want to rush him.

I'm also still debating what head to give him, either the standard helmeted primaris librarian head, or the one I had originally planned for him, made from a stormcast head, with a little "ear" from a primaris bare head :

6GMCwlil.jpg?1

I also knocked two inquisitors with some ETB stormcasts from a paint set :

first a radical ordo xenos Inquisitor :

UroZZFkl.jpg?1

Cgfls5Al.jpg?1

And a modominant ordo hereticus inquisitor that is obviously after her :

CZKit6El.jpg?1

vBUQAGnl.jpg?1

12hucA6l.jpg?1

Edited by Heraclite

Thanks, I'm glad you like it, I'm actually learning everything as I go, because I never highlighted anything when I was younger, nor tried "energy effects" like on plasma coils or the inceptor exhausts. There's a lot of trial and error but it's getting better with each new batch of models

I never managed to apply decals when I was young, so didn't bother trying this time around. It forces me to freehand the chapter badge and squad markings.

Some turn out better than others but the overall look  is still uniform enough for my liking

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well... It's been more than a year and a half since I posted here....

I undertook a bathroom remodel beginning in april 2022 that lasted till november 2022 so I completely stopped working on my marines. And I never managed to gather enough motivation to get it started again...

That is, until now !

I did find some time to paint a repulsor this spring, as it was collecting dust on my desk, nagging me every day. So here it is :

YRG5uSk.jpg

RYzycnp.jpg

It is also fully magnetized, allowing me to swap loadouts :

fxJJNKH.jpg

Zq5dBTL.jpg

As of now, I'm working on the eliminators from further up in the thread :

Edited by Heraclite