AL 3,5k CotH with Alpharius

dollar452435

Greetings, brothers.
I want to make an insidious army. Infiltration on the first move. As close to the enemy as possible. We shoot the enemy from all guns. Saboter will add fire after exiting a deep strike. Alpharius is hidden. Dinat, along with the assolts, also leaves the deep strike.
Is such an approach viable?
Thank!

+ HQ +

Armillus Dynat [200pts]: Master of the Legion

Centurion [85pts]: Bolt Pistol, On Foot, Power Armour (Centurion/Consul)
. Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades
. Consul: Centurion, Legion
. Relics of the Dark Age of Technology: Combat Augment Array

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [205pts]: Extra Armour, Havoc Launcher, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers, Twin-linked Lascannon x 2

Terminator Squad, Legion [682pts]: Legiones Astartes
. Cataphractii Pattern Terminator Armour: Terminator Armour
. Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter
. Terminator Sergeant, Legion
. . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun
. . Power Weapon: Power Axe
. Terminators, Legion: Combi-Bolter, Power Fist

The Rewards of Treason [300pts]
. Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad: Combi-Bolter, Cyclone Missile Launcher, Legiones Astartes, 4x Power Fist, 4x Tyrant Terminator
. . Tyrant Siege Master: Omniscope, Power Dagger

+ Troops +

Assault Squad, Legion , Compulsory [320pts]: 9x Assault Space Marines, Legion, Legiones Astartes
. Additional Wargear: Combat Shields, Melta Bombs, 2x Power Axe
. Assault Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol, Power Dagger, Power Fist
. Standard Wargear: Bolt Pistols, Frag and Krak Grenades, Jump Packs, Power Armour
. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [190pts]: Additional Wargear, Bolters, Legiones Astartes, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Twin-linked Bolter
. Standard Wargear: Bolt Pistols, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour
. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Power Dagger, Power Fist

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [190pts]: Additional Wargear, Bolters, Legiones Astartes, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

+ Fast Attack +

Seeker Squad, Legion [560pts]: Legiones Astartes, 8x Seeker Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: 8x Combi-weapon: Plasma gun
. Land Raider Proteus: Explorator Augury Web, Hull-Mounted Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon Sponsons
. Standard Wargear: Bolt Pistols, Bolters, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour
. Strike Leader, Legion: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Dagger, Power Fist

+ Heavy Support +

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer [230pts]: Hull Mounted Neutron Beam Laser, Lascannon Sponsons, Pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron, Legion [120pts]
. Vindicator Tank, Legion: Combi-Bolter, Demolisher Cannon, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: Traitor
. XX: Alpha Legion: Infiltrate

Rite of War: The Coils of the Hydra

+ Lords of War +

Alpharius [415pts]: Master of the Legion, Master-crafted Plasma Blaster, The Pale Spear, Venom Spheres

++ Total: [3,497pts] ++

You forgot to buy the sabouteur upgrade.

not understand//

your centurion hasn't been upgraded to a saboteur - the saboteur upgrade costs 35 points beyond what a generic centurion costs.

couple other thoughts:

• alpharius has to be the warlord if he is part of your list, so you won't be able to take advantage of dynat's hammerstrike assault warlord trait. 
  • there aren't a ton of units that will really be able to take advantage of universal preferred enemy - you'll derive more benefit from alpharius if you replace the vindicators with rapiers and find some points for infantry with heavier weapons, plasma especially.
  • the saboteur/combat augment array thing is super cheesy and you should make sure your opponent is comfortable with relics before you try it.
  • you're spending a ton of points on your minimum size assault squad with no apothecary.  one lucky scorpius shot and they'll be goners.
  • i would get rid of sponsons on your venator -- you'll never be able to do any better than snap fire given your big gun.
  • your spartan could really use a flare shield and ceramite; otherwise it seems likely that big squad of cataphractii will have to foot slog.  they could also benefit from at least one chainfist.

couple other thoughts:

• alpharius has to be the warlord if he is part of your list, so you won't be able to take advantage of dynat's hammerstrike assault warlord trait. 
  • there aren't a ton of units that will really be able to take advantage of universal preferred enemy - you'll derive more benefit from alpharius if you replace the vindicators with rapiers and find some points for infantry with heavier weapons, plasma especially.
  • the saboteur/combat augment array thing is super cheesy and you should make sure your opponent is comfortable with relics before you try it.
  • you're spending a ton of points on your minimum size assault squad with no apothecary.  one lucky scorpius shot and they'll be goners.
  • i would get rid of sponsons on your venator -- you'll never be able to do any better than snap fire given your big gun.
  • your spartan could really use a flare shield and ceramite; otherwise it seems likely that big squad of cataphractii will have to foot slog.  they could also benefit from at least one chainfist.
Thank you
1. I didn’t know. But this does not only work like that. Armil not plagued by being a warlord, or not?
2. Change the vendor to rapiers - I understand. Which are better? I thought about it. Gravity maybe? Definitely, without heavy support.
3. I know. Opponent agrees.
4. Accepted. Thank.
5. Is it too expensive? If I want to kill as many as possible on the first turn?
6. Chain fist - why not.
7. The elite slot is either an apothecary or rapiers. How to be?

Let's make a new roster. I'll post it here. Thanks for the feedback.
Edited by dollar452435

Corrected the roster. The saboteur comes to the table not from a deep strike, but simply from a reserve. The rules say that he leaves the reserve with the outflang rule.

I wanted to replace the searchers with hss, but I don’t have them. 8-10 guys with volkit would have looked better with this tactic, right?

There was no place for an apothecary in the elite slot.

Is this sheet better?

+ HQ +

Armillus Dynat [200pts]: Master of the Legion

Saboteur [120pts]: Bolt Pistol, On Foot, Power Armour (Centurion/Consul)

. Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

. Consul

. . Saboteur: Melta Bombs

. Relics of the Dark Age of Technology: Combat Augment Array

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [200pts]: Havoc Launcher, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers, Twin-linked Lascannon x 2

Rapier Weapons Battery, Legion [150pts]: Legiones Astartes

. Rapier Weapons Battery, Legion: Graviton Cannon

. . 2x Space Marine Crew: 2x Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades

. Rapier Weapons Battery, Legion: Graviton Cannon

. . 2x Space Marine Crew: 2x Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades

Terminator Squad, Legion [692pts]: Legiones Astartes

. Cataphractii Pattern Terminator Armour: Terminator Armour

. Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

. Terminator Sergeant, Legion: Chainfist

. . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun

The Rewards of Treason [295pts]

. Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad: Combi-Bolter, Cyclone Missile Launcher, Legiones Astartes, 4x Power Fist, 4x Tyrant Terminator

. . Tyrant Siege Master: Omniscope

+ Troops +

Assault Squad, Legion , Compulsory [320pts]: 9x Assault Space Marines, Legion, Legiones Astartes

. Additional Wargear: Combat Shields, Melta Bombs, 2x Power Axe

. Assault Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol, Power Dagger, Power Fist

. Standard Wargear: Bolt Pistols, Frag and Krak Grenades, Jump Packs, Power Armour

. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

+ Fast Attack +

Seeker Squad, Legion [535pts]: Legiones Astartes, 7x Seeker Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: 7x Combi-weapon: Plasma gun

. Land Raider Proteus: Explorator Augury Web, Hull-Mounted Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon Sponsons

. Standard Wargear: Bolt Pistols, Bolters, Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour

. Strike Leader, Legion: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Dagger, Power Fist

+ Heavy Support +

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer [190pts]: Hull Mounted Neutron Beam Laser, Pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: Traitor

.  XX: Alpha Legion: Infiltrate

Rite of War: The Coils of the Hydra

+ Lords of War +

Alpharius 415pts

++ Total: [3,497pts] ++

Correct me if I'm wrong, but now that you've taken rapiers, the RoW forces you to take "infiltrate" as the mutable tactic. So there is little reason to give DT's to everyone.

Consider Headhunters as the Fast Attack choice. They're not as good at actual decapitation strikes (they exel instead at reaching and killing scoring units), but in-built access to "infiltrate" means they won't need to pay for a DT like the Proteus.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but now that you've taken rapiers, the RoW forces you to take "infiltrate" as the mutable tactic. So there is little reason to give DT's to everyone.

Consider Headhunters as the Fast Attack choice. They're not as good at actual decapitation strikes (they exel instead at reaching and killing scoring units), but in-built access to "infiltrate" means they won't need to pay for a DT like the Proteus.

Infiltrate already was. But why give DT to everyone? It should be received only by infantry units, without an infiltrate or DS. Or do I not understand something?

The RoW mandates that everyone in the army must either take a DT, or have Infiltrate. You can take Infiltrate as your mutable tactic to fill the RoW requirement, but the strength of Mutable Tactics it's the fact that it's, well... mutable.

So in order to keep the Legiones Astartes (Alpha Legion) rule at peak performance, a DT should be given to every unit that doesn't already have natural access to Infiltrate, like say, the Headhunters.

But if I'm not mistaken, rapier batteries are infantry and have no DT option, which means that you must take Infltrate in order to include them in the RoW. There is no longer a point in buying rhinos and LR proteus everywhere, since their main pupose was to meet the RoW requirements without having to lock MT into Infiltrate.

Edited by The Scorpion

I understood the remark. Thank.

LR is needed because it is a cool and strong fire unit. Laser weapons performed well in recent games. In general, I only had infantry units. I also have:

Tartaros

Lerneans

Headhunters

Chaplain

Exodus

Dreadnought with various weapons

Tehmarin

Plasma support squad

I have nothing more to offer the enemy, therefore I considered LR to be the best choice.

Tactics, if you can call it that, is to line up with all units and shoot everyone in the first phase of shooting. Alpharius, Hydra and LR will give more control over enemy reserves.

The saboteur leaves the flank and does his job.

Is there a better suggestion? (of course there is)

The RoW mandates that everyone in the army must either take a DT, or have Infiltrate. You can take Infiltrate as your mutable tactic to fill the RoW requirement, but the strength of Mutable Tactics it's the fact that it's, well... mutable.

So in order to keep the Legiones Astartes (Alpha Legion) rule at peak performance, a DT should be given to every unit that doesn't already have natural access to Infiltrate, like say, the Headhunters.

But if I'm not mistaken, rapier batteries are infantry and have no DT option, which means that you must take Infltrate in order to include them in the RoW. There is no longer a point in buying rhinos and LR proteus everywhere, since their main pupose was to meet the RoW requirements without having to lock MT into Infiltrate.

Rapiers are artillery with the legion Astartes Rule.