5 scouts

Bolters

5 scouts

Bolters

5 scouts

Combat knives

7 death company

Jump packs, 2 thunder hammers

Sanguinary ancient (hero of the chapter, extra relic)

Power fist, artisan of war, standard of sacrifice

6 sanguinary guard

2 power fists, 4 swords

6 sanguinary guard

2 power fists, 4 swords

I’ll be using this to start 9th with, comes in at 902pts leaving wiggle room for the points increase.

Only 4 cp left, forlorn fury will probably take two before the game starts if going first, if going second against heavy firepower transhuman physiology is an option, then I’ll gain an extra one CP in every command phase, the 3 characters give all the re-rolls, hits, wounds, charge, moral, Astrorath and the ancient is are good targets for red rampage and only in death.

I believe we’ve seen most of the changes to the new edition except moral, reserves and terrain but Im quite content that won’t effect us much, except maybe choosing to pay for death masks and making it easier to hide.

The secondary objectives will change depending on Mission and opponent.

Anyways looks like fun

Edited by redshadow

Based on this being a single Battalion that includes your Warlord, you are going to start with 12 CP. Burn the two for the Ancient to be kitted out, leaves you starting with 10 and generating 1 every turn. This list looks like it will be very very nasty at 1K points. The small board size for a 1K points game, comboed with your scouts and jump packs, doesn't give your opponent much chance to stop you from hitting him turn 1 with the DC and SG.

I’m pretty sure you only get 6 CP at the incursion points level played on 44” x 30” board but I agree still nasty, suppose I don’t actually need artisan of war on the ancient so could save a CP there, anyways looking forward to seeing the actual points changes and the reading the new rule book Edited by redshadow

I’m pretty sure you only get 6 CP at the incursion points level played on 44” x 30” board but I agree still nasty, suppose I don’t actually need artisan of war on the ancient so could save a CP there, anyways looking forward to seeing the actual points changes and the reading the new rule book

Yep my bad, 6 for Incursion is correct. Seems like saving the CP from Artisan would give you another chance to use Death on the Wind which likely does a considerable amount more damage than just the single Ancient attacking.

I think that's a safe speculation. 300 - 400 points is between 15-20% of 2000. At minimum I would prepare for at least that much and then rework once we know for sure.

My list building has stopped for the time being. I know what I want and have an idea of my core components.

• 1 month later...