Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

This week's previews and box unboxing

• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,120 posts
"It’s going to be another full week here on the Warhammer Community website as we continue to look ahead to the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. We’ll be taking a closer look at Vehicles, monstrous creatures, blast weapons and terrain, as well as previewing rules from War of the Spider."

New starter box will be unboxed Saturday at 2pm too

A lot of questions we want answered might be getting answered this week
  • Warhead01, Valerian, Lexington and 4 others like this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,778 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Manflayer, hooooooooooo

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,977 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Lots to look forward to - keen to see how Fabius' own CSM faction operate. Also intrigued as to whether the changes to blast weapons will make my triple ectoplasma Forgefiend good for the first time in 8 years. :P

• Ascanius likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,359 posts

Finally,. Should be able to expect good pictures of the chaplain, captain, ancient and "Hellfuries".

• Valerian and SufficientAnonymity like this

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

Those SM models look fantastic, but they would be hard to decorate with chapter-specific shoulder pads if they are like the Dark Imperium ones.

The chance of them not having an integrated left shoulder pad is slim to none though. I hope we'll know for sure on Saturday. 

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

It's actually pretty easy to put chapter specific shoulder pads on the molded easy-to-build guys' shoulders. You can just plier the old ones down and dry fit the new ones over the shoulder and stop filing them down when it looks good. It's somewhat finicky but I'd say it's pretty hard to screw up.

• Dracos, mel_danes, Noserenda and 1 other like this

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 439 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
I’m sure the starter box kit will have integrated shoulders and you’ll have to hold out for the full release for adding the upgrade shoulder pads.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,359 posts

Those SM models look fantastic, but they would be hard to decorate with chapter-specific shoulder pads if they are like the Dark Imperium ones.

The chance of them not having an integrated left shoulder pad is slim to none though. I hope we'll know for sure on Saturday. 

Actually did replace the shoulder pads on the majority of the DI models that way. Expect I'll do largely the same here. Characters might be too difficult depending on how intricate the designs are... which we will hopefully be able to gauge come saturday

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM
Oh I know it can be done. I did it myself with my DI and Easy-to-Build marines. It’s just that it’s quite a hassle, I wish they could leave at least the left shoulder pads off on these kits :)
Anyway, three years ago the starter box went on preorder the first Saturday after the unboxing. Any chance we’ll see 9th ed sooner than expected, maybe before or alongside PA Pariah?

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

I think we're just on a rapid fire schedule now, I'd assume we see the Pariah preview either the next sunday (14th) or the 21th. I think a two-week preorder for the 9th book and starter box is a safe bet so I'd imagine that preview is up either 21st or 28th of June. Meaning 9th would drop on the 4th or 11th of July. 

I've seen rumours that state we won't see the pre-order until the 11th but that seems late to me

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,120 posts
Anyone else surprised theyre doing a full unboxing this early? Not just a model preview?

SirJyo

SirJyo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 202 posts
  • Faction: Black templars,

Anyone else surprised theyre doing a full unboxing this early? Not just a model preview?

I find it hard to believe the pre-orders supposedly aren't for another month. Feels like they are revealing it too early.
Who?

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,765 posts
Sad no necromunda :(
  • Firedrake Cordova, Toxichobbit and tangoalphatwo like this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,120 posts

I find it hard to believe the pre-orders supposedly aren't for another month. Feels like they are revealing it too early.

Maybe theyre trying to get everyone to decide now theyre buying it. Feels like theyre hyping the heck out of it be it to make up for lost profits or because stores wont be back to normal for a while. Plus a lot of us have nothing else to do except salivate over previews

Agree it seems more like preorder might even be end of this month

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,259 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

"It’s going to be another full week here on the Warhammer Community website as we continue to look ahead to the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. We’ll be taking a closer look at Vehicles, monstrous creatures, blast weapons and terrain, as well as previewing rules from War of the Spider."

New starter box will be unboxed Saturday at 2pm too

A lot of questions we want answered might be getting answered this week

Mis read this and thought you said dull instead of full, it was confusing
  • Dark Shepherd likes this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts
Based on my own predictions I think we'll have pointy elves next week, something else week after then pariah, another two weeks then 9th

That's 6 weeks ish
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts

So excited! I just need some of those pistol/sword primaris for some sweet, sweet death company action!

• Black Blow Fly likes this

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 908 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I genuinely thought it would be Zoats plus AOS next week, GW is really going to plaid with the speed of these 40k releases.

Some of us might not have the money left for 9th at this rate!

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,629 posts

So excited! I just need some of those pistol/sword primaris for some sweet, sweet death company action!

In before Blood Angels can't have those Intercessors as Death Company :lol:

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,384 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

In before Blood Angels can't have those Intercessors as Death Company :lol:

Now you're just trying to make me mad.
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

Gongsun Zan

Gongsun Zan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts

Based on my own predictions I think we'll have pointy elves next week, something else week after then pariah, another two weeks then 9th

That's 6 weeks ish

Whether they split Pointy Elves over two weeks or just do a mass launch would be a good indicator of how fast they're accelerating the release schedules. In terms of what has already been previewed I think we still need to work through:

• Pointy Elves
  • House of Blades / Ogryns 
  • Warcry
  • Pariah
  • Sons of Behemat
  • 9E 

Realistically the only thing I can see being pushed to after 9E is Gargants. They'll probably want Warcry / Necromunda out in June to stick with their quarterly release schedule, and Pariah seems to be the natural lead-up to 9E. 

Edited by Gongsun Zan, 08 June 2020 - 12:56 AM.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts
There's 2 warcry bands and snotlings for blood bowl.

I don't think there's anything else to come for Blackstone fortress unless I've forgotten something?

I'd speculated before about when and what, with spider and zoat next it's surely elves announced next Sunday? Like you say, that should be a good indicator of when 9th will land. Ultimately, end of July works for me.

We can't game at the minute anyway really and I've sufficient piles of shame to work through.

That said, I am more excited for 9th than I've been for anything else in a long time.
  • Gongsun Zan likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

There's 2 warcry bands and snotlings for blood bowl.

I don't think there's anything else to come for Blackstone fortress unless I've forgotten something?

I'd speculated before about when and what, with spider and zoat next it's surely elves announced next Sunday? Like you say, that should be a good indicator of when 9th will land. Ultimately, end of July works for me.

We can't game at the minute anyway really and I've sufficient piles of shame to work through.

That said, I am more excited for 9th than I've been for anything else in a long time.

There's one last Blackstone expansion: Ascension. Was shown in a late April preview iirc.
  • Gongsun Zan likes this

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,814 posts
  • Faction: Carcharodon Astra

In before Blood Angels can't have those Intercessors as Death Company laugh.png

"What do you mean I can't have Death Company Assault Intercessors? It says right there, 'Death Company Intercessors'!"

"All Assault Intercessors are Intercessors, but not all Intercessors are Assault Intercessors."

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,819 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
AT are waiting on Defence of Ryza and the remaining Cerastus knights.
  • Noserenda, depthcharge12 and Gongsun Zan like this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users