Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

This week's previews and box unboxing

• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

This is never in a million years going to be less than £190. I'd bet the farm!

BCC

I'll take that bet.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts

This is never in a million years going to be less than £190. I'd bet the farm!

BCC

I'll take that bet.

Especially based on calth...

I'd squirreled away a fortune ready for calth expecting it to be expensive. In the end it was £95.
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

KaosRaptor

KaosRaptor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

The AoS elf box is $365 NZD. I'm suddenly very, very scared for the price of Indomitus here!

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts

GW just sent me a voucher for the Bandai marine they never bothered to ship me, so I've essentially got a chunk of free money with them, but if it comes out around the price of Dark Uprising, it's almost the same to not use the voucher and just get the discount at my FLGS (plus I'd get it launch day as opposed to a week or so later).

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,305 posts

GW just sent me a voucher for the Bandai marine they never bothered to ship me, so I've essentially got a chunk of free money with them, but if it comes out around the price of Dark Uprising, it's almost the same to not use the voucher and just get the discount at my FLGS (plus I'd get it launch day as opposed to a week or so later).

GW have really upped their game with pre orders recently btw. I used to avoid going with them unless it was a limited item because they wouldn't even send it until the week after release but the last two times (both in recent weeks) they have arrived on release day. I think they have probably changed courier because I get a sent note late the day before.

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,134 posts
For what it’s worth I did a brief cost analysis a while back. Comparing dark imperium and indomitus. Easy build equivalents for BOTH sets were counted as the same so while the absolute figures I came up with are more than the actual separate cost would be, it’s the same for both sets:

‘I estimate (based on both armies and equivalents in recent ranges) that the price for each of those armies as a rrp range item would be £245 each, so £490 total.

Doing the same maths for dark imperium would be £167.50 per army or £335 total. Obviously both contain a rule book but dark imperium contains some trivial additionals such as dice too. Rule book is £30 normally.

So we are looking at £520 vs £365 for content, which makes dark imperium 70% as expensive. They’ve stated indomitus will be under half price of what the rrp would be so at this stage I think anything from £120-250 is fair game.’

This was the cost analysis at the time. In favor of £120 is the competition t+c and the fact that proportionately it would be the same cost increase and content increase relative to dark imperium.

Against this (and I think this is more likely) is that there are 3 years of inflation to factor in, and recent trends for sets such as the large Necromunda / titanicus sets and the sisters / lumineth army boxes suggest to me it will be more. I think it’s most unlikely it will hit the £200 mark and that something in the £150 - £175 range is about right.

With regard to actual starter sets, the sprues look to me as if they are designed so that the Necromunda warriors / character will be range releases later on and the marine captain/lt/bikes will be also. The assault intercessors look like easy build equivalents. The larger mixed sprues look to be starter set material and so I expect they will aim to have several entry levels like with dark imperium / know no fear / first strike again. Something like:

Starter - same as Indomitus but minus bikes / 10 warriors / 5 intercessors and some characters.
Knf 10 warriors / 3 scarabs / 5 intercessors / some characters
  • CaptainFrederickson likes this

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,030 posts

Indomitus doesn't seem to feature as many duplicates as some other E2B sets have. You get two of each Intercessor but otherwise all the marines look unique. The bikers and eradicators aren't all that different but they're not clones.

I'm not sure how the sprue will be laid out. Perhaps there will be a bike on the shared sprue but its rider will be elsewhere, on a sprue you get one of. Or maybe there'll just be a sprue with the three bikers on it.

It looks like the necrons are largely unique. The Scorpeth destroyers could easily have been built with ball joints at the arms (though perhaps not, as that would need glue). There are at least 10 necron warrior designs, but presumably those get cloned.

So each side gets a repeated sprue, with intercessors/warriors and possibly something like a destroyer or bike. Then all the other sprues have to be unique.

I imagine that necron players will want to spam necron warriors more than than marine players want to spam assault intercessors. The necron characters might also be worth having multiples of, whereas marines tend to mix things up a bit more. So I think necron players may be more interested in having more than one set, and they'll probably be in luck, with marine players ebaying their stuff. That's probably what I should do, though I am quite tempted to paint them up. They look great. Could even paint them up to sell I suppose.

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,819 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
They showed us the sprues.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

WandererTheta

WandererTheta

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

Indomitus doesn't seem to feature as many duplicates as some other E2B sets have. You get two of each Intercessor but otherwise all the marines look unique. The bikers and eradicators aren't all that different but they're not clones.

I'm not sure how the sprue will be laid out. Perhaps there will be a bike on the shared sprue but its rider will be elsewhere, on a sprue you get one of. Or maybe there'll just be a sprue with the three bikers on it.

It looks like the necrons are largely unique. The Scorpeth destroyers could easily have been built with ball joints at the arms (though perhaps not, as that would need glue). There are at least 10 necron warrior designs, but presumably those get cloned.

So each side gets a repeated sprue, with intercessors/warriors and possibly something like a destroyer or bike. Then all the other sprues have to be unique.

I imagine that necron players will want to spam necron warriors more than than marine players want to spam assault intercessors. The necron characters might also be worth having multiples of, whereas marines tend to mix things up a bit more. So I think necron players may be more interested in having more than one set, and they'll probably be in luck, with marine players ebaying their stuff. That's probably what I should do, though I am quite tempted to paint them up. They look great. Could even paint them up to sell I suppose.

We've seen the sprues. The Bladeguard Captain, Bladeguard Lieutenant, Necron Overlord, and Necron Royal Warden are each their own sprue (Captain + Overlord share a mold, as do the Lieutenant + Royal Warden). The Assault Intercessors are a sprue that's repeated, the Necron Warriors + Scarabs are a sprue that's repeated. The Bikes are their own sprue, the Destroyers + Plasmacryte are also a dedicated sprue. Everything else for a faction is on the same sprue.

Knowing that I suspect that we'll see Indomitus broken down into multiple smaller boxes similar to First Strike and Know no Fear, rather than getting a Dark Imperium styled starter. The smaller sets are easier sells to people that are just starting out and could easily be pushed for mass market, especially with the easy build models.

I suspect the First strike equivalent is going to be Lieutenant and Assault Intercessors vs Royal Warden, Warriors, and Scarabs.

Then the Know No Fear replacement is probably Captain, Assault Intercessors, and the mixed sprue vs Overlord, Warriors, and the mixed sprue.

If that's how they release them then we'd probably see Outriders and Skorpekh Destroyers released as stand alone kits around the same time. Less likely is some sort of vs pack treated as an expansion to the other sets.

• CaptainFrederickson and SufficientAnonymity like this

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,030 posts

Ahh, I'd missed that the sprues were shown. I had a look at them. More or less what I expected, though it's nice that all the characters are independent - not mixed in a sprue like the Shadowspear LT.

Lately GW seems to have a habit of releasing models first in a big box. Ghaz is just the latest example. It seems to be quite a while after that we get them on their own. I'm not a fan of this as it means people can't access their models except by spamming box sets, when they probably don't need all the contents. I think the Lumineth box is a prime example of this. It's not too bad to buy one, but then what do you do? There's nothing else available in the range for them to fight alongside.

That's obviously not an issue for either Marines or Necrons. But to be honest only one model in Indomitus, the Lieutenant, is likely to find a regular home in my Crimson Fist army. There's a lot of other nice things but none that look essential. After him it's the models we know least about, the Eradicators, that I'm probably most interested in.

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Brother Carpenter

Brother Carpenter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, Steel legion

Captain has 3 heads. interesting.

Noooooo that's heresy!!!
  • Dark Shepherd likes this
ETL VI Banner ETL VI Magister Faction Astartes

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,629 posts

Captain has 3 heads. interesting.

Noooooo that's heresy!!!

He's got choices of either the Flipped visor we've been shown, a full helmet or a bare head (we've seen this in a picture) :lol:

apologist

apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,287 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines: The Praetors of Calth

This image popped up in the 'Who Are the Szarekhan Dynasty?' article on WarCom today:

5eLk4Fx0TzN75jMb.jpg

It may be re-use of existing images. or a complete red herring, but that's the sort of force size that's more in line with past starter sets, don't you think?

• Avicenna, Aramis K and Dark Shepherd like this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

The Alien Wars – Blood Angels in the Nova Terra Interregnum | May You Live Forever – A narrative Iron Hands blog

Officio Monstrosa – Iron Warriors during the siege of Terra | The Praetors of Calth – Ultramarines from Crusade to Scouring

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts
I reckon it'll be the mid price starter force.

Also reinforces my assumption that the 4 extra kits will be worked into starters.
Or possibly a new start collecting set?
Hidden Content

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts

That pic is actually more than a normal start collecting box would include.  Remove the big walker and then it'd be more in line.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts

That pic is actually more than a normal start collecting box would include. Remove the big walker and then it'd be more in line.

It's 3 kits and a character. All ETB.

The walker shouldn't be too expensive so don't see why not.

1hq
1 troops
1 elite
1 fast attack
1 heavy support

Edited by 01RTB01, 25 June 2020 - 03:42 PM.

Hidden Content

dicebod

dicebod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, VII Legion

That pic is actually more than a normal start collecting box would include. Remove the big walker and then it'd be more in line.

It's 3 kits and a character. All ETB.

The walker shouldn't be too expensive so don't see why not.

1hq
1 troops
1 elite
1 fast attack
1 heavy support

Yeah, as soon as I saw this picture it just screamed Start Collecting! Necrons to me.

The scarabs are on the warrior sprue, so for all intents and purposes we can just call those 13 models our "basic troop."  The Overlord is the HQ and the destroyers are your elites.  

The walker is a bit more of a question though, especially since it's not the version we have in Indomitus.

• 01RTB01 likes this

++SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN TO LIVE.++

++UNLESS SHE'S CUTE++

https://www.instagram.com/dicebod

gallery_45765_12908_58195.png  ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 622 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
That image looks exactly what I'd expect of the mid-price starter, based on spruces we know about.
That lot Vs captain, assault intercessors, bikes and ATV.
  • 01RTB01 likes this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts

That image looks exactly what I'd expect of the mid-price starter, based on spruces we know about.
That lot Vs captain, assault intercessors, bikes and ATV.

Which would also work really well as an expansion of Indomitus. Only the characters would be surplus and everything else useful
Hidden Content

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,144 posts

If the Scorpekh lord didn't have that claw I'd like it a lot more. It's so out of place, like that old metal Archon with the Talon of Horus-sized claw.

Edited by Archaeinox, 27 June 2020 - 03:57 AM.

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,014 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!
Well it's not going to be the entire contents of any box because the big walker shares a sprue with the Plasmancer, Cryptothralls and Skorpekh Lord. You aren't going to get one without the others.

Edit - Scratch that, it's the subsequently announced ETB walker not the one from Indomitus, so it could be a box of it's own after all.

Edited by Halandaar, 27 June 2020 - 12:53 PM.

• 01RTB01 and WrathOfTheLion like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts
Yep, they're all seperate kits there so easy job. Only things sharing are the scarabs and warriors :)
Hidden Content

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,564 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Well it's not going to be the entire contents of any box because the big walker shares a sprue with the Plasmancer, Cryptothralls and Skorpekh Lord. You aren't going to get one without the others.

Edit - Scratch that, it's the subsequently announced ETB walker not the one from Indomitus, so it could be a box of it's own after all.

I think Age of Sigmar has some kits that are just ETB. Perhaps some of these units will be released as just an ETB box in the same way.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 27 June 2020 - 02:16 PM.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts
It does and I'd agree. I can't see necron warriors having a different kit to what we've seen for example.
Hidden Content

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users