Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

This week's previews and box unboxing

• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,296 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors
40k is undeniably their flagship product, I think they'll stick as closely as possible to their intended schedule for this and bump other products as necessary.

Blackstone, Necromunda, Bloodbowl, Warcry and Underworlds are all systems where people will buy the products regardless of when they're released.

This really leaves just the remaining PA releases which can all come in a week and the AoS releases are likely to be what gets pushed back.

One huge issue with a 40k release is sheer volume of stock they need to get out of their warehouse to give themselves working space to cope with any other back orders.

Rik
  • Reinhard and SufficientAnonymity like this

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,824 posts

So excited! I just need some of those pistol/sword primaris for some sweet, sweet death company action!

In before Blood Angels can't have those Intercessors as Death Company laugh.png

"What do you mean I can't have Death Company Assault Intercessors? It says right there, 'Death Company Intercessors'!"

"All Assault Intercessors are Intercessors, but not all Intercessors are Assault Intercessors."

Part of this makes me want to laugh and part of it makes me want to cry because nothing you’ve said is even a long shot for how GW works 😂

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,878 posts

Curious about Custodes and SoS rules.

Fingers crossed for a proper Talons list for 40k.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts

So excited! I just need some of those pistol/sword primaris for some sweet, sweet death company action!

In before Blood Angels can't have those Intercessors as Death Company laugh.png

"What do you mean I can't have Death Company Assault Intercessors? It says right there, 'Death Company Intercessors'!"

"All Assault Intercessors are Intercessors, but not all Intercessors are Assault Intercessors."

Part of this makes me want to laugh and part of it makes me want to cry because nothing you’ve said is even a long shot for how GW works

<== Cries inside lol. I will use them anyways. teehee.gif

I have been rummaging around and finding some of my only primed small marines death company and I am going to pop a bunch of shoulder pads off today! Maybe a few helmets too.

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,824 posts

Curious about Custodes and SoS rules.
Fingers crossed for a proper Talons list for 40k.

You probably saw but when answering questions about the new Custodes and sisters character models (and the fact they didn’t even have the right keyword to take them in a detachment) it was heavily implied that you’d be able to make a new talons force with their upcoming PA book. So that gives me hope they can be fielded together!
  • Sete likes this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,878 posts

Ah yes, when those 2 models came out! forgotten about that!

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,120 posts
Valrak said in a vid yesterday that Custodes amd Silent Sisters are confirmed as now having the Talons of the Emperor keyword so basically same army

Todays twitch preview seems to be just about artwork

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 786 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

So if WotS preorders this weekend (and it does; that has been confirmed) then the following Saturday (20th) will be a non 40k preorder (like the weekend just passed, which was Aeronautica preorder). The following week (27th) would be Pariah preorder. Then MAYBE another non-40k release (July 4th), then 9th (July 11).

They might bump 9th up to the 4th of July; it isn't PA, so it may not follow the 2 week pattern established between Engine War and WotS, but I think Paiah IS guarnteed to follow the 2 week schedule, meaning July 4th is the earliest the preorder can happen, with what I would estimate to be a roughly equal chance of it happening on the 11th instead.

That's still Hella faster than I expected; I thought they would stick to 1 PA/ 4 weeks. Glad they bumped it to 2; I didn't want to wait til September to switch my Saint Katherine's Aegis forces to Crusade armies.

Also looking forward to the unboxing; I am curious if it will contain a KT style battle board to boost their table size revolution. If so, I can combine it with the Temple side of the KT: Rogue Trader board to surface my table. I'm building my own stuff anyway, but this would be give me a quick play option.

Edited by ThePenitentOne, 08 June 2020 - 03:56 PM.

• Chaos Lord Tom likes this

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,128 posts

Cover art has now been previewed on the warhammer community site.

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

• 01RTB01 likes this

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

The repeated image for the Necrons on the box cover bugs me, but that aside, all the new art is very nice.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,120 posts
Theres possibly too many models for a playboard/mat/poster but maybe the smaller versions will have one

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,765 posts
At some point, some certain pointy elves must be released too. That's surely a big release, given the fancy box and the many kits. It could be the breather before 9th?

Edited by Petitioner's City, 08 June 2020 - 04:55 PM.

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts

Theres possibly too many models for a playboard/mat/poster but maybe the smaller versions will have one

Same amount as Dark Imperium...

I'd wager there is based on the discussion of 'best box ever' etc.

However, we'll literally see on Saturday. So long as the price is £120 or below...
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,120 posts

Same amount as Dark Imperium...

I'd wager there is based on the discussion of 'best box ever' etc.

However, we'll literally see on Saturday. So long as the price is £120 or below...

They say everything is the best box ever :)

50 or so models is a lot to go on a killteam board

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts

At some point, some certain pointy elves must be released too. That's surely a big release, given the fancy box and the many kits. It could be the breather before 9th?

Possibly.  Could be that or Sons of Behamut.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts

Possibly. Could be that or Sons of Behamut.

That looks to be a one box, 3 build plus Battletome release. Easy one week job I'd say?
Hidden Content

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

I'd say Teclis' boys are first, given the order of reveals, but since things have been shaken up considerably, that might not be a factor anymore.

Then again they did drop the entirety of the Bonereapers in a week (technically two if we also count the box with the Ogres the week before), and they were not exactly short on kits. They could do that again if they want to recover the lost time quickly.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,135 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

That looks to be a one box, 3 build plus Battletome release. Easy one week job I'd say?

Eltharion, teclis, stone hammer guys, mountain cow, stone mage, boxed set (spear guys, archers, horsemen), battletome, dice... quite a lot for one week.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts

Eltharion, teclis, stone hammer guys, mountain cow, stone mage, boxed set (spear guys, archers, horsemen), battletome, dice... quite a lot for one week.

My comment about one box, 3 builds was for the sons of behamut.

There's going to be a point elves box like they did for sisters. They may do what they did with sisters and do the force box for one week then release the rest a month or two later.

Or just a monster release with all in one go but that'd diminish the sales of the force box?

Either way, someone said release for 9th being July 25th. Two week window for pre orders so July 11th for pre orders seems reasonable. Release two days before my birthday sounds like a plan to me 😁
Hidden Content

TheNewman

TheNewman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts

I genuinely thought it would be Zoats plus AOS next week, GW is really going to plaid with the speed of these 40k releases.

Some of us might not have the money left for 9th at this rate!

Ludicrous Speed, go!

Edited by TheNewman, 09 June 2020 - 09:22 AM.

• Alby the Slayer likes this

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts

I genuinely thought it would be Zoats plus AOS next week, GW is really going to plaid with the speed of these 40k releases.

Some of us might not have the money left for 9th at this rate!

Ludicrous Speed, go!

Indeed. Good thing I saved some money during these quarantine times and now I'm ready to unleash it on GW next box. Curious about the price, but can't resist a good box, with Necron too (I have little necrons in my collection).

Redrandy93

Redrandy93

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts

Not sure if I will buy the next set.    Ahh.... the heck with it I will buy it and sell the Necrons.   yes.gif teehee.gif biggrin.png smile.png thumbsup.gif

Redrandy93
5th Company
Planet Lucious 4

"For the Emperor"

"We march with Guilliman"

"Death to Traitors"

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,924 posts

k5JEo58Ix7Ztb1Ds.jpg

WarCom Article.

And the time-zone breakdown.

Spoiler

mkbKIlr.png

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,819 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I wonder which commentator will be the first to manage to get a video longer than 10 minutes out of that 23 second video?
  • Juggernut, Chapter Master Valrak, quasistellar and 1 other like this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,629 posts

I wonder which commentator will be the first to manage to get a video longer than 10 minutes out of that 23 second video?

My money's on Kirioth or Valrak.

• Marshal Loss, Chapter Master Valrak, Brother Adelard and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users