Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

This week's previews and box unboxing

• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,824 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I reckon Kirioth.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,204 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

Kirioth, Val then Macca from The Outer Circle.

• Brother Adelard likes this

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts
They’re still using a word like massive for this preview. For heavens sakes can’t they just say “the new edition set unboxing”? It’s irritating because now I’m going to be disappointed in the whole thing if it only has the thing we all knew it was supposed to have, the box reveal.

Be cute and say massive reveal, and I’ll be salty when I don’t see new models for World Eaters and a Lion primarch.
  • matcap86 likes this

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,616 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

They’re still using a word like massive for this preview. For heavens sakes can’t they just say “the new edition set unboxing”? It’s irritating because now I’m going to be disappointed in the whole thing if it only has the thing we all knew it was supposed to have, the box reveal.

Be cute and say massive reveal, and I’ll be salty when I don’t see new models for World Eaters and a Lion primarch.

For new people and those excited it is a massive reveal.

For those of us jaded veterans, it's just tuesday.

• Felix Antipodes, Juggernut, Sonoftherubric21 and 1 other like this

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,825 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
They just confirmed the box set contents are the ones we saw in the pic weeks ago, so I hope they preview some rules of the new units insttead of just repeating something we already know, maybe they could confirm a pre order date.
  • Warhead01 likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 662 posts
  • Faction: Templars, SoBs, Custodes

The video all but confirms the datamined images are what's in the box. So so so excited :D

Fighting Company Grimaldus: http://www.bolterand...pany-grimaldus/

The Order of the Iron Veil: http://www.bolterand...-the-iron-veil/
Instagram: https://instagram.co...g.for.my.sanity

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SanityPainting

gallery_48988_15094_2398.png

Previous Trophies

Spoiler

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,305 posts
From the teaser video I'm wondering there might be objective markers in the box. Looks like kind of terrain. Very excited.
  • Brokejaw Gutripper likes this

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 396 posts
That's a banner not a terrain piece.

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 314 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM
The big question I have is on whether there will be only 17 Necrons Warriors in the box (as shown in the leaked pic) or they’ll be rounded up to 20.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,365 posts

hoping we get plenty of multi angle shot of the finished models. Really wanna see the HQ's in full detail.

• Juggernut likes this

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,792 posts

I wonder which commentator will be the first to manage to get a video longer than 10 minutes out of that 23 second video?

My money's on Kirioth or Valrak.

Well I'm doing a live watch along so technically, I win :lol:

• Brother Adelard likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,824 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I wonder which commentator will be the first to manage to get a video longer than 10 minutes out of that 23 second video?

Well I'm doing a live watch along so technically, I win :lol:

You only managed 2:40. I'm disappointed.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Lord Commander Vulkus Dorn

Lord Commander Vulkus Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I’ve heard July 25th release day, two week preorder starting July 11th. Should set you back 150ish according to my intel

"They shall be MY finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to ME. Like clay I shall mold them and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armor shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns shall they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines such that no foe can best them in battle. They are MY bulwark against the Terror . They are THE Defenders of Humanity. They are MY Space Marines and they shall KNOW NO FEAR!

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 441 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
If it’s $10 less than dark imperium was that’s a screaming deal. I expected 180 at least, maybe 190. I don’t think they’d break the $200 mark on a start box because that’s a Big psychological turn off

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,792 posts

Well I'm doing a live watch along so technically, I win laugh.png

You only managed 2:40. I'm disappointed.

Too busy painting all my Imperial Fists tanks! Tanks and Dreadnought STONKS are up in 9th!

• Focslain, Dracos and Brother Adelard like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

I’ve heard July 25th release day, two week preorder starting July 11th. Should set you back 150ish according to my intel

150 usd or gbp?

cause thats not bad

• Dark Shepherd likes this
banana

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,745 posts

I counted 54 miniatures in total in the speculation thread and I’m sticking by that. yes.gif

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,124 posts
They said on todays stream theyll be looking at the units more closely next week so am not expecting much in the way of rules previews tomorrow

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 314 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

All I’ve read so far points to a £120 price, that would be €160 and $190 roughly according to GW’s proprietary exchange rates.
  • caladancid likes this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,305 posts
I'm still happy to pay £120, it looks like an absolute smorgasbord of models. Helps that I collect both factions.
  • 01RTB01 likes this

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 738 posts

All I’ve read so far points to a £120 price, that would be €160 and $190 roughly according to GW’s proprietary exchange rates.

Proprietary exchange rate made me laugh out loud haha.

• Juggernut, Dark Shepherd, MegaVolt87 and 1 other like this

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,317 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

Well ... that's a choice.

Or we can realize that this is likely the most responsive GW has been in all of there existence. Space Marine players are getting a released focused on melee units they've been begging for since Primaris hit the scene with a couple units to fill that lines holes. Not to even mention the kick off of a total reboot to a Xenos faction ... a Xenos faction for Emperor's sake (I'd have likely improved World Eaters or Emperor's Children line, but this is fantastic)

• War Angel, Aarik and Joe like this
Hope is a moment now long past, the Shadow of Death is the one I cast

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.pnggallery_48988_10069_135.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9eRaven Guard : 9 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,259 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

Well ... that's a choice.

Or we can realize that this is likely the most responsive GW has been in all of there existence. Space Marine players are getting a released focused on melee units they've been begging for since Primaris hit the scene with a couple units to fill that lines holes. Not to even mention the kick off of a total reboot to a Xenos faction ... a Xenos faction for Emperor's sake (I'd have likely improved World Eaters or Emperor's Children line, but this is fantastic)

I like to think that by uncovering and leaking the pictures that they are planing to reveal that we are personally removing the content from the reveal, thus reducing a “massive” preview to a “nothing in here is something I didn’t already know about” status. So really we only have ourselves to blame. Can’t really fault anyone for that.

Also “massive” is relative. Compared to other previews they have had? I remember when there were no previews. Even the biggest dog in the world will look small next to an elephant.
  • Aarik and VanDutch like this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts

Yes, for me we are a little spoiled.

We live in a era of costant stimulants of info, news, things to buy, and we "pretend" more, always more. And this can be good.

But it is not good if it becomes an obsession. And you can't really enjoy something, because you are already thinking about the next thing.

For me (only miniatures releases speaking) these years have been amazing, with so awesome releases. I am always behind, too many projects.

So of course all of this is IMHO, but I don't expect some massive event, just a indeep preview of box's pieces and maybe a date preorder. And I'm fine with it.

• Dracos, Sandlemad, Aarik and 1 other like this

Rune Priest Jbickb

Rune Priest Jbickb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,373 posts
Any thoughts on if we will see the melta guys today? That's really the only space marine we haven't seen yet.
Never Mistake:
My Silence for Ignorance
My Calmness for Acceptance
My Kindness for Weakness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users