Rekindled Flame - Flames of Aries WIP

Hi folks,

Been awhile since I last posted to the forum. Being at home more I’ve been working through some of my grey pile of shame and got to a small group of space marines and custodes. I’ve been debating which chapter to paint for a couple of weeks now and stumbled across a YouTube video by Chapter Master Valrak. It was a reading of the short story “Journey’s End” by Dirk Wehner that featured in March’s White Dwarf and tells the story of a chapter call the Flames of Aries.

The story follows a Torchbearer fleet lead by the Custodes to find the Flames of Aries chapter to delivery 10 companies of Greyshields who bear the geneseed of the Imperial Fists.

It really inspired me to try something new and paint the few models I have so I’m in the process of painting a test model. The story states that the chapter colours are orange power armour with black pauldrons and a silver ram as the chapter symbol. Whilst listening to the story I could immediately picture how they’d look and how to do the chapter symbol.

Its only a WIP picture so far but hopefully have a finished scheme by the weekend.

gallery_33290_16432_252710.jpeg

Let me know what you think.

Edited by WarriorFish
Emojis in titles break pagination :(

Unfortunately emojis and the like break pagination so these can't be allowed in topic titles :( You can use them in posts etc though :) Orange looks great :tu:

Whoops, sorry WarriorFish. Thanks it was a little daunting as I’ve never used orange as the primary colour in my 16 years of gaming!

Edited by Brother Tancred