Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumour Engine, June 9th 2020

Rumour Engine

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,720 posts

My wild guess is that it's from a new Mutilators kit. We got the revamped Obliterators (As a release even if not in a box), but the Mutilators are still old models. 

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
gallery_29004_6198_5619.pngUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_7428.pnggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

IMHO, it's not DG.

Look at it.These are all claws, they are not fingers, they are too sharp. And even in the article they use the pun "clawing". 

I think it will be something new, maybe Huron Blackheart? Or a new character? Maybe even a new future so need World Eaters weave?

Dunno, I for sure can be wrong.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,009 posts
Except it's still consistent with the Death Guard style.

unknown.png

unknown.png

mkbKIlr.png

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,180 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

It feels extremely Death Guardy for sure, and that was my first reaction, but they could be playing on that.

It's not exactly the same as DG fists (it features claws rather than fingers), that goop could very well be blood rather than slime, and DG have never had a monopoly on symbols growing out of armour.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Gongsun Zan

Gongsun Zan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts

I would have expected a solo DG character to come out alongside PA. My cynical guess is that they'll package a new DG character in with the new DG Start Collecting, so that everyone who bought Dark Imperium is forced to buy it. 

A super long shot, but maybe it's a Chosen upgrade kit for each of the founding legions. 

Edited by Gongsun Zan, 09 June 2020 - 01:06 PM.

• quasistellar likes this

lhg033

lhg033

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,429 posts

Looks deathguard to me though it does seem a bit obvious.

It 'could' be another faction and be some kind of poisoned weapon. I was wondering if it is marine scaled or if it could be redemptor dread sized

gallery_20758_7799_19457.jpggallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,069 posts
Everyone seems convinced it's a deathgdeathguard model. So even to just go against the grain.

A model/kit or upgrade kit for the new Fabius Bile faction.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,037 posts
Could be a deathgaurd for a Blackstone fortress update?
banana

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,009 posts

Could be a deathgaurd for a Blackstone fortress update?

Unfortunately, the last Blackstone Fortress release has already been announced - the one with the giant Spindle Drones.

mkbKIlr.png

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,335 posts

They did say there was going to be new Kill Team stuff in the future. Maybe a one-off DG character for that? Or whatever the next 40k-based Warhammer Quest is, the sequel to Blackstone Fortress.

Plague _Lord

Plague _Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
  • Faction: CSM
Deathguard lord will be rolled into the lord of contagion with a multikit option.

Armies:

40k: Deathguard, Steel Legion, Word Bearers, Space wolves, Necrons

WFB: Night goblins, Empire, Dark Elves

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

Looks deathguard to me though it does seem a bit obvious.

It 'could' be another faction and be some kind of poisoned weapon. I was wondering if it is marine scaled or if it could be redemptor dread sized

Judging by the bolts, rivets, and liquid details it heavily leans to SM size.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,992 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Everyone seems convinced it's a deathgdeathguard model. So even to just go against the grain.

A model/kit or upgrade kit for the new Fabius Bile faction.

They’d be coming alongside Fabius, and therefore we’d know about them by now. 

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,292 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I know, it LOOKS similiar to Death Guard.

But the 'finger' the blood is dripping from looks like it's parted into two.
Think "backwards" Edward Scissorhands.
Claws that can open up, to shred even more, once inside a victim. (There are (illegal) Arrow tips for hunting that work similiar)

...or more importantly HOLDING a victim, so it doesn't slide off your claws.
Who'd want to HOLD a victim, instead of letting it go?

Or maybe they open up and work like a syringe?

Either way, this could be a curveball they throw at us.
Instead of being the usual o°○ triple circles of Nurgle, maybe it's the base.of one of Slaanesh's twisted Gender symbols?

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Nova_Dew

Nova_Dew

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 418 posts

I was going to say New/updated DG character for the PA book with Bile iin but maybe a new super marine for Bile's lot, the nodules on the back of the fist look like cables not pustules or growths

Edited by Nova_Dew, 09 June 2020 - 01:44 PM.

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

Except it's still consistent with the Death Guard style.

I hear you, and I can see what you saw in these. 

Maybe it's even a new event exclusive DG, who knows?

But I'm not confident as you. Still think it can be something else.

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,936 posts

Either Death Guard or it's gore and we're looking at a Khornate Space Marine (new berserker kit?). 

gallery_48988_15094_7420.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.pngsml_gallery_48988_11572_4589.png

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

MrSpoon

MrSpoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts

Doesn't Fabius Bile have a DG companion in the books or am I mis-remembering? Maybe Fabius is getting an eclectic release of him plus friends. 

• Slave to Darkness likes this

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,781 posts
It would be great if they correct the weird thing that lords and sorcerer's don't have T5 and death guard rules...
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Someguy11

Someguy11

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
If they DG a unique lord kit that would be great. The current CSM options dont look right, and also have a thunder hammer.

balordazul

balordazul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 769 posts

At first I went out and looked at the SM heroes series 3 set to see if this was one of those models, it was not.  I'm glad GD will likely get something even if it is something small.

Bloody Legionnaire

Bloody Legionnaire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,519 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

I don't see how you guys can come to the conclusion that it belongs to any other of the Chaos range but Death Guard. All other flavors of Chaos has the chaos trim DG does not because they are all in Mk. III armor. There is nothing about that shot of that is inconsistent with the DG aesthetic. 

undivided_apostle

undivided_apostle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
Its definitely a heretic's power fist. It has a lot of features that support it being death guard but it doesnt appear to be bulky enough (same for mutilator). I like the idea of it being a wounded berserker or an emperors children even just a regular aspiring champion.

de Selby

de Selby

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

In combination with what looked like a nurgling hand playing a bone flute that was in an earlier Rumour Engine image, I think it's Death Guard.   I had been hoping for a plastic Daemon Prince, but a new Lord of Something seems plausible (hopefully with a more useful ability than the current Lord, or even a gun!!).   Could be an alternate psyker too, although a power fist on the off hand would be unusual.

Another possibility is that it's a non-Japanese Space Marine Heroes wave 3 release.   Wave 2 included some non-Japanese terminator variants.   I presume they still have a few spare digital assets lying around for Death Guard from early 8th edition.  

Off topic, if Space Marine Heroes releases are determined by whatever they have spare digital assets for, expect wave 4 to be necrons I reckon.

Edited by de Selby, 09 June 2020 - 05:18 PM.

Vardus

Vardus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 144 posts
  • Faction: In flux!

I don't see how you guys can come to the conclusion that it belongs to any other of the Chaos range but Death Guard. All other flavors of Chaos has the chaos trim DG does not because they are all in Mk. III armor. There is nothing about that shot of that is inconsistent with the DG aesthetic. 

Its definitely a heretic's power fist. It has a lot of features that support it being death guard but it doesnt appear to be bulky enough (same for mutilator). I like the idea of it being a wounded berserker or an emperors children even just a regular aspiring champion.

Yes, it is without the chaos trim, neither does the Chaos Noise Marine, (not the old upgrades) and the Thousand Sons have a different take on the chaos trim. Some of the new Chaos aesthetics do take cues from the Death Guard range and they were not they only Legion to use mark III.

Now all in on the balance of things and at first look, it strongly suggests Death Guard, but GW have hidden just enough of the power fist produce some ambiguity over which non follower of the corpse Emperor it is! I think followers of Slaanesh and Khorne deserve some hope, given that it has been hinted that another big player than the Silent King will/could be returning in 9th!

KEEP CALM and Fortify Terra

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rumour Engine

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users