Pteraxii & Serberys Sprues

I am not sure what my flyboys were fed on but they made it across the channel in record time. I thought I would show the sprues here as they seem to be missing from the GW store page. I will add the other models when the second parcel arrives.

Pteraxii

f7UTqKgm.jpg

hg2lcNom.jpg BRDM52Fm.jpg

U2iADC7m.jpg 5rVWa0qm.jpg

0tWMl6Km.jpg 05oAldgm.jpg

Nice to see a new and larger transfer sheet, but OMG who thought that thin wire piece for the back of the model was a good idea? It is going to snap as soon as your cutters look at the plastic.

Serberys

wvwGCy5m.jpg WS0bnM2m.jpg

Only two sprues, these hounds are really pricey for what you get. Also contains another new larger transfer sheet.

Edited by Black_Knight

I thought there was only 4 flamers but then noticed where the 5th was, took me more time than it should of to find it :S Might be time for some glasses...

I am really liking the models but I think its going to be as bad as when I did my Sicarians, it was horrific.

Well if it weren't for the wings, I'd guess from a distance that I'm looking at left over sprues from a vehicle kit! 

Yea Sicarans are similar, but this seems even a bit more fiddly. Good luck!

I have to agree hermanista, this plastic definitely acts differently to older sprues, I should of easily snapped some of the spines by now by nocking them with my fingers but there is a very faint elastic feel. Its not too different but where you would see a lightening of the plastic when you slightly bend something it returns to its original position instead.

I want to add smoke trails to my Pteraxii instead of the flight stances. Do you know how to DIY something like that? Or are there any to buy that fit the jetpacks?

I would use a cotton ball stretched out. Glued to the rod then painted,or possibly stained. Stretch,and wrap around the rod. Edited by walter h

Yeah... those stands are not happening for me. I'll have mine standing on some rock formations instead or something similar

On the plus side, I can at least plan out how I want to convert mine now. So thank you for posting the sprue pics!

Edited by Frostglaive

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. I still haven't finished my two Copters, and I lost a hand railing from the door of one of them... argh.

These are far more complex than the Skorpius Chassis models. I am not looking forward in the least to putting together the Serberys, but I still have zero clue which to build so I'm in no rush. Thanks for putting the sprue pics up!

I will put up the flyer pics too when I actually rip through the plastic wrap. The riders look by far to be the easiest to build out of all of these. I will check when I build them if they fit a space marine bike, I have no jackals to compare to, are they close to the SM ones?