Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

One-off Project: Springbok Marines

WiP Springboks Rugby

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Deafbok

Deafbok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Blades
Hi all,

Fun side project on the go at the moment! During the 2019 Rugby World Cup I was part of a SuperBru predictor pool - #BokTwitter. Almost 100 participants offered up various prizes, and mine was 3 Primaris marines painted up in Springbok colours - for something like 73rd place biggrin.png 

At the end of the tournament, they were never claimed - so I put them on the back burner. 

I spent most of lockdown doing my own DiY chapter's forces, but needed a bit of a break from black, so I picked these guys up again. 

A couple of questions: 
1) What colours should I use for the eyes and weapons?
2) Where does 32-12 go? *Ducks for cover from the English members of the forums...*

sml_gallery_94010_16441_12699.jpeg

med_gallery_94010_16441_23906.jpeg

med_gallery_94010_16441_97670.jpeg

med_gallery_94010_16441_71850.jpeg

Mr Yellow

Mr Yellow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts

I think your number 9 is not to scale. biggrin.png

Yes I'm English.....we was robbed biggrin.png

• The Yak likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,053 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
A Springbok is certainly an unconventional Chapter symbol. I commend your imagination, and the effort you put in painting it and the flag that serves as a Company coat-of-arms.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WiP, Springboks, Rugby

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users