FW Update for 9th (R&H) Speculation

PeteySödes

I was just curious what everyones outlook was on this? Do we think R&H will get some love or get dropped? If we get lucky and they get updated do you guys have any hopes for any changes?

For my part I'm a bit dubious they will be included just because of the retirement of the model line. I really hope im wrong though, it's such an important puzzle piece in my opinion as far as the flavors of a chaos force goes. (I'm also trying to make a detachment of them so I don't want them to go away...)

As far as wishlisting goes I would like to see the more flavorful chaos aspects not gated behind the warlord pick. Who knows though, with the detachment changes it may be moot anyways.

I suspect they'll retire the list, and instead opt for "inclusion" in a potential Lost and the Damned / Hereticus Militarum book further down the line. It'd give them more room to play with, and allow the main studio to stamp their identity on stuff like Mutant Hordes, Marauders and so forth.

I think they will get a GSC style book that would need the new IG dex as well to use. Or the IG dex will be a monster and have GSC and Lotd in it somehow as well. Regiments get supplements like the SM dex's. 

I dont play GSC, but AFAIK you dont need the AM codex to play GSC unless you wanna take an allied Brood Brother detachment. I think a LotD codex will be a dark mirror of the AM codex, with certain units missing in favor of more chaotic stuff. 

I suspect they'll retire the list, and instead opt for "inclusion" in a potential Lost and the Damned / Hereticus Militarum book further down the line. It'd give them more room to play with, and allow the main studio to stamp their identity on stuff like Mutant Hordes, Marauders and so forth.

As much as I love the FW list,  I think this is the way things will go. All the BSF stuff just seems like a test run for a LatD/R&H/HM/Whatever release. SInce the Servants of the Abyss has both Traitor Guardsmen AND Cultists, I could see a future LatD codex having both units which are similar, but different enough to differentiate. I have seen some people talk about a Drukhari style system for LatD. Just like Drukhari  Kabals/Wych Cults/Covens, we could have Mutant Rabble/Traitor Regiment/Cult. This could give a similar effect as the Forgeworld stuff, where a wide variety of non-Astartes chaos humans can be represented.

Those are cool ideas yea! I see what you mean about the GSC comparison but I also like your DE example.

I’d love the ability to play a non-traitor guard force, something more akin to a weird cult. The FW book had a lot of cool options like the brutes and mutants that allowed for that type of unique thing hat I’d love if that made the cut.

I expect them to take a mostly unmodified list from the 8th edition index ported directly to the legacy list or whatever the unsupported-from-now-on pile is called. Anything better than that would be excellent. Edited by Juggernut

I expect them to take a mostly unmodified list from the 8th edition index ported directly to the legacy list or whatever the unsupported-from-now-on pile is called. Anything better than that would be excellent.

So like a legends pdf entry and left out of the update book? That’s plausible for sure unfortunately.

Due to the entirely discontinued model line, essentially. I don’t see them reversing the “No model, no rules” trend of the last edition.

It could also be the case that they were edited that existing eighth edition list to make it modern with the game, and beyond that it will never get support. Maybe that is the best we can hope for that’s realistic? Maybe not even that much. Who knows?

Edited by Juggernut

Its more likely we see LotD before dark mech, heck normal ad mech haven't even got a FW unit conversion for their 30k stuff like custodes did. Also I think GW got good feedback on all the blackstone stuff. Also, the two new CSM in blackstone were basically the same as what got released later on as a precedent. 

I'll break ranks here and say that I think the full R&H list will be in the FW book(s?). A mainline Renegades list may be out there at some point, but it'll probably be a while, so I figure they'll at least have this one to tide people over until then. It'll likely incorporate some of the Blackstone Fortress stuff as well.

They don't have to put in much effort to make something playable and interesting.

Make it a special <Forgeworld> or <Regiment> with specific traits and strategies and make them aligned to chaos...we'll do the converting ourselves... :P (though models and a proper codex would be cool ofc)

• 4 weeks later...

Could be wrong, but based on the table of contents from chapter approved there are no points updates for renegades and heretics. This may suggest that the army is done for. Perhaps moved to legends status. Maybe gone.

60040199125_ChapterApprovedGTPackContent

Could be wrong, but based on the table of contents from chapter approved there are no points updates for renegades and heretics. This may suggest that the army is done for. Perhaps moved to legends status. Maybe gone.

Noticed the same thing myself. I'm not surprised, but still really gutted. Hoping this means we may get an actual GW army at some time in the future, but honestly I'm not expecting anything. I'll probably proxy mine as GSC, which is what I've been doing anyway throughout 8th. 

Seeing how sad chaos is at the moment makes me just want to proxy loyalists until geedubs can get their act together.

I am happy with the limited ‘support’ Lost and Damned are receiving in Blackstone Fortress but that does not an army make.

Noticed the same thing myself. I'm not surprised, but still really gutted. Hoping this means we may get an actual GW army at some time in the future, but honestly I'm not expecting anything. I'll probably proxy mine as GSC, which is what I've been doing anyway throughout 8th.

I really think we could see a official LotD codex for 8th. Honestly wouldn’t be too hard for GW, they already released sculpts for BSF, and most of the rest of the army can pillage from Astra Militarum. Add a few daemon engines or something and they have a new army for Chaos pretty much ready. It’d be as minimal effort for GW as Chaos Knights