FW Update for 9th (R&H) Speculation

PeteySödes

I assure you, they’re not in the table of contents, nor are they in the points update list at all.

Well, time to put my faith in Tzeentch to the test and hope for a R&H release... :P

Could be wrong, but based on the table of contents from chapter approved there are no points updates for renegades and heretics. This may suggest that the army is done for. Perhaps moved to legends status. Maybe gone.

Noticed the same thing myself. I'm not surprised, but still really gutted. Hoping this means we may get an actual GW army at some time in the future, but honestly I'm not expecting anything. I'll probably proxy mine as GSC, which is what I've been doing anyway throughout 8th.

I really think we could see a official LotD codex for 8th. Honestly wouldn’t be too hard for GW, they already released sculpts for BSF, and most of the rest of the army can pillage from Astra Militarum. Add a few daemon engines or something and they have a new army for Chaos pretty much ready. It’d be as minimal effort for GW as Chaos Knights

Corpse Grinder Cultists, Gellarpox Infected, and Tzaangors can be re-used as god-specific units. Hellstriders from AoS would fit for Slaanesh.

I assure you, they’re not in the table of contents, nor are they in the points update list at all.

Well, time to put my faith in Tzeentch to the test and hope for a R&H release... :tongue.:

Servants of the Abyss have points in the new Chapter Approved.

Even without using Obsidius Mallex, you can have 9 Characters (3 Cultist Firebrands, 2 Rogue Psykers, 1 Chaos Ogryn, and 3 Traitor Commissars) for example) in a Battalion, plus 14 Traitor Guardsmen, 4 Beastmen, and as many squads of Cultists of the Abyss as you care to pay for. That might be pretty cool if you're doing any of the Action objectives. 

Then maybe rock a Noctilith Crown and 2 Bastions for a 0CP Fortification Network (because they share a faction with your Warlord), plus invuln saves, psychic rerolls, and a few more Heavy Weapons, then dump the rest of your points into summoning and go to town.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch