9th launch comes with tri wing transfers

1s=heretical

With the unboxing noticed they didnt just include green wing transfers but for both death and ravenwing. Safe to say bikes are ravenwing. Thoughts on what would be the newly inducted deathwing primaris

Well, when the Outrider Bikers were officially revealed, they did specify Ravenwing, not simply "Dark Angels" when referring to them being available to us.

And for those wondering, here's the picture. We're on the bottom because we take up so much space :lol:

Lv7O1xc0BG9tC6gI.jpg

Edited by Gederas

I think the transfers are just general. There are also vehicle transfers, which obviously don't apply to the box. There are more chapter icons than needed as well, so I think it's meant to be useful for more than just the box. The current transfer sheet also has deathwing icons.

What is more interesting, is the veteran transfers, which I think are for the bladeguard. Those are not on the current transfer sheet.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

What is more interesting, is the veteran transfers, which I think are for the bladeguard. Those are not on the current transfer sheet.

They are. I've gotten Deathwing Terminators and the Ravenwing Black Knights they come with a transfer sheet that has the red Veteran sword.

They are. I've gotten Deathwing Terminators and the Ravenwing Black Knights they come with a transfer sheet that has the red Veteran sword.

Those are for lieutenants, although they are mentioned for veterans in the codex I think. I am talking about the new veteran cross with what looks like a skull in the center to the right of the close combat marking, and above the lieutenant/old veteran swords. I think they are adding that as our veteran insignia to have separate lieutenant/veteran markings.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Regardless of their intent behind adding the tri-wing to the decal sheet, mine veterans are going to be "inducted" into the Deathwing with those red decals and bone-white scheme. That seems too good to pass up. 

Although, this release does make me wonder, if this was planned for Adepticon (or whatever the name was), is this truly it, or were there more coming? This release was huge, but I suspect there is even more, especially if this is on the same tier of magnitude when primaris were announced. Not to mention the way I see it, if these units are replacing the firstborn versions, then we have nearly completed the "transfer" process.  Then the next chamber should be either the proposed vehicle one, or the custom chapter chamber. So which means chapter-specific units such as Primaris Deathwing. 

There is 24 standard DA chapter badges and the miniatures in the box are Just 18 plus 3 bikes

So the DW markings don't mean anything

While the RW markings are 9 and this is the right amount for 3 bikes

So the Bladeguard Veterans can still be Just Company Veterans as i guess they are

The only miniature Is the veterani ancient that Is supposed to be a sort of 1st Company ancient but in the DA this could take the role of Brother Bethor and carry a sort of "sacred standard" in this case he could be a DW member like Bethor was but Bethor were in green PA with regular DA chapter badge

GW states the savings will be more than 50%, but look at what is included just for Primaris:

*5 Characters $150-ish*

10 Primaris $60

3 Outrider Bikes $60

3 Sword Vets. $35-ish

3 Melta Rifles $35-ish

--------------------------------------

Roughly $340-ish US. Loaded with "prermium" units that are pricey. A bit less than 50% of that would be $150, but I don't think the starter set will be $300. I think store cost on this will be about $140US, with a retail price of about $240. 

The Necrons have a similar load-out character-/large model-wise, but I think a $300 US price tag will not be a great price point (especially right now), no matter how much they say, "This is the greatest starter set we have made, EVAR!!!" That they are pimping the savings so blatantly makes me cringe a lil' bit, in that we may be in for a price shock.

Brothers, may I request the source of that picture?

Regardless of how they look like on that picture, my primaris are going to be in 3rd edition deathwing colors ;p

They just confirmed that the Bladeguard Veterans are Deathwing. Which suggests that the  Bladeguard characters are meant to be too. Of course you can paint them however you like, I think I'm still going to do them as just company veterans.

0lM5Lb5Ym8RaCi1V.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/18/indomitus-focus-alternate-colour-schemesgw-homepage-post-3/

Edited by Knight Artorias

They just confirmed that the Bladeguard Veterans are Deathwing. Which suggests that the  Bladeguard characters are meant to be too. Of course you can paint them however you like, I think I'm still going to do them as just company veterans.

[image snipped]

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/18/indomitus-focus-alternate-colour-schemesgw-homepage-post-3/

So, no lie. They look really good in Deathwing colours.

The real question is if GW will remember to give them the DEATHWING keyword though when in a Dark Angels army :lol:

Edited by Gederas