Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More models revealed!

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 819 posts
The buggy doesnt look like GW followed their own vehicle design. They mention it in the stream that SM vehicles have the outline of a fist ie front heavy and taper off. It just looks rather weak at the front to me. If there was some more armour panels at the fron to bulk it up it would look great
  • Redrandy93, Noserenda, Lanparth and 2 others like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts
Love the ATV. Reminds me of the Nolan Batmobile with how bulky it is. I'm getting 3 as soon as possible. Those absolutely rock.
  • beefeb and Nocturne Noble like this

Chaplain Grey Raven

Chaplain Grey Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,051 posts
  • Faction: Consecrators

The ATV had potential. But like the B@C Dreadnought, it's too static to be anything else but derpy. A more dynamic crew would go a long way, we'll see some nice conversions with the model as base.

Getting rid of the rear gunner and making it an autoturret would be a nice fix as well, just place an engineblock in the vacant place and turn it in a buggy.

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpggallery_48988_15200_2138.pnggallery_48988_15493_11529.pnggallery_69091_12729_1587.gifgallery_48988_15465_13594.pnggallery_92826_13373_2576.gifgallery_92826_13373_495.gifgallery_92826_13373_3441.gifgallery_92826_13373_5704.png

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts
Holy hell those Crons look incredible. The walker is FANTASTIC
  • beefeb likes this

InKaras

InKaras

++AQUILA CÆRULEUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,036 posts

I wonder if Ravenwing will be able to take / use the ATV and the new bikes

We already know they will. When they officially revealed the Outriders, they called out Ravenwing, not Dark Angels.

Oh, I didn't see or hear that. So that is good to know, thanks

April 14th / 2010 A New Kidney for me, yeay!

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts

not a fan of the atv, imho, the atv should've been grav with the way it looks.

atv is also one of the rumor images from long ago. the side, cog

Edited by Triszin, 13 June 2020 - 02:57 PM.

banana

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

9il8jwduuo451.png?width=640&height=357&c

mmmmhh....

• firestorm40k, Lexington, Drudge Dreadnought and 10 others like this

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,150 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!
I understand that the Heavy Destroyer is a callback so a very specific piece of He's Goodwin concept art, but the big round thrusters seem really off compared to the rest of the Necron aesthetic.

Will still get though as the rest of it is awesome.
  • Iron Hands Fanatic and SufficientAnonymity like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,274 posts
I wonder if it fires red shells... *makes annoying go cart buzz*

The next SM codex is going to be thicker than the rule book! Looking forward to this release!
  • Lord Raven 19 likes this

Inquisitor lorr

Inquisitor lorr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

I understand that the Heavy Destroyer is a callback so a very specific piece of He's Goodwin concept art, but the big round thrusters seem really off compared to the rest of the Necron aesthetic.

Agreed - I think the texture they appear to have doesn’t help either!

Maschinenpriester

Maschinenpriester

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 392 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children
Those necron models really make me start a new army. Glorious stuff right there. That attack quad though... It looks like someone took a GSC vehicle and crammed two primaries into it. I think it would be really cool for some... Industrial vehicle conversions for terrain or so... But it looks more like a toy from Mario cart than a warmachine to me.

Edited by Maschinenpriester, 13 June 2020 - 03:12 PM.

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

I wonder if it fires red shells... *makes annoying go cart buzz*

3bn7rhzg2p451.jpg?width=640&height=480&c

Apparently it does...

• Doghouse, Burni, firestorm40k and 6 others like this

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

Stargate_wars

Stargate_wars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts
  • Faction: Dragon Lords

I wonder if Ravenwing will be able to take / use the ATV and the new bikes

Ravenwing getting the bikes was confirmed by the transfer sheet having Ravenwing insignia on it.

• InKaras likes this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

While I like the ATV, it reminds me of the Nod raider buggy from C&C. I think it would look a bit better if the turret and gunner weren't exactly dead straight like the driver - maybe aiming side ways in the picture. But I assume the full kits will allow modularity like this.

• Brother Adelard likes this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
Could the Dune buggy be suffering from designing for push fit compatability?

And we looking at a release 2 weeks after the box? Hopefully pushfit will make them cheap

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 13 June 2020 - 03:31 PM.

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts

Is this what was thought to be the pixelated landspeeder from that leak or is that still coming?

cancel that, found a pic, its totally different

Edited by beefeb, 13 June 2020 - 03:28 PM.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,716 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The ATV is really cool lol. Need to see it in 3D.

Infinitely better than the bike with side car.
  • Dracos, War Angel and Wakkomaster like this

-~Ishagu~-

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 644 posts

I like the ATV, I really do, but does anyone else worry about the driver? His head is awfully close to that gatling cannon... Unless Cawl developed some superior sound dampening technology he's going to be rather deaf before long. And don't get me started about the Melta option! 

• Magos Takatus, Fierce Bear and Wakkomaster like this

I write things:

What Chapter Am I: A Fan Fiction Guessing Game

The Squiggly Beast that Could

Orks Iz Best

Beakiez iz okay, too...

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,262 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

I like the ATV, I really do, but does anyone else worry about the driver? His head is awfully close to that gatling cannon... Unless Cawl developed some superior sound dampening technology he's going to be rather deaf before long. And don't get me started about the Melta option!

He’s fine, if the technology has stayed the same for ear protection he would be ok, I’m assuming that it’s better than current.
  • Wakkomaster likes this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts

The ATV is really cool lol. Need to see it in 3D.

Infinitely better than the bike with side car.

Theres a 3d vid of it on WC FB and their site too
  • Ishagu and Jarl Caldersson like this

Castle Wolfenstein

Castle Wolfenstein

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves, World Eaters

He’s fine, if the technology has stayed the same for ear protection he would be ok, I’m assuming that it’s better than current.

Unless he is a space wolf, in which case he is more than likely helmetless
  • Rune Priest Jbickb likes this

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill S. Preston Esq.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,311 posts
I'm hoping these release with the box set, it's an obvious way to bulk out both factions. Love the necron models, not so keen on the atv but as a Fists collector I can't resist the urge to fortress up and get those sentry guns.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts

I'm hoping these release with the box set, it's an obvious way to bulk out both factions. Love the necron models, not so keen on the atv but as a Fists collector I can't resist the urge to fortress up and get those sentry guns.

I get the vibe they will be or at worst 2 weeks later

Wonder if the turret will fit on the bike :)

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 929 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

I'm not an SM player, so I have very little skin in this game, but...

Not 100% sure I like the look of the ATV on its own, but I feel like it goes well with the Inictus battlesuit; they both have a desert recon feel to me. They also go alright with the bikes. I wish there was a Primaris foot trooper that echoed the feel, but there isn't a Primaris that feels scouty enough to complete the picture.

Also, I know they need to ride the hype train, and talk about expanding the ranges introduced in the box, but I want a sense of what OTHER factions are going to get out of this edition. We've known SM and Necrons are getting love since the end of May- it's diminishing returns to show us MORE Necrons and Marines.

Flash a guy the silhouette of a DE character or something...

I know, because this was the unboxing preview, it's really not fair to expect they'd diminish the impact of seeing these two ranges upon those who play them. I get it. I'm just impatient. I can't afford to start a necron army- I'm still trying to flesh out Sisters, Drukhari, GSC and Daemons of Slaanesh/ EC, plus my various Blackstone/ oddball random Imperial Agents.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,134 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

The ATV looks absurd imo. Both Necrons look incredible, really digging the war of the worlds style walker, and that Destroyer is thick

It matches the new thrusters on the Monolith though, so there will be some cohesion across the army

Edited by Marshal Loss, 13 June 2020 - 04:17 PM.

• KBA, Iron Father Ferrum and Nemesor Tyriks like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users