Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More models revealed!

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts

I like the concept and elements of the ATV. I'm thinking people will make a lot of conversion kits for the ATV. I'll see what people come up with, but I'm not tripping over myself to get one to field stock.

Iron Hands Fanatic

Iron Hands Fanatic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,573 posts
  • Faction: Xth Legion

Wonder how long till this gets made:

gallery_53779_12611_280101.jpg

• Redrandy93, firestorm40k, Cyrox and 12 others like this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
Its like you read my mind

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts
Driver got a raw deal. Gunner gets all the frontal armor
  • Borbarad likes this

Sargeant Centurion

Sargeant Centurion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts
  • Faction: Green Ultramarines

The fire strike servo turret looks cool, i never expect something like that and grow in me. The only thing i dont like it so much its the belt outside of the armoured shield, but it can be changed whit a bit of time, model knife and glue.

GUMIA!!!, to ME!!!!.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,321 posts
For how a proper ATV type buggy should be done, look no further than the Elysian drop troops Tauros vehicles forgeworld used to sell.
  • Redrandy93, Interrogator Stobz, Roland Durendal and 2 others like this

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,065 posts

You don't need to look at forgeworld. Genestealer Cults have a great ATV. They don't even try to cram two people onto it. 

Apparently renegade miners can aim their back-gun remotely but The Emperor's Space Marines need a dedicated gunner.

• Interrogator Stobz, Zebulon and Schurge like this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

MadGreek

MadGreek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 368 posts
  • Faction: KHALKOTAUROI (Bronze Bulls)

Guess I am in the minority here, but I like the buggy. I assume it is the new version of the SM Attack bike to go alongside the new Bikes. Also LOVE the turret. Curious to see if there are weapons options for both in the future.

• Progenitor, Jack of the Pelt, Biscuittzz and 3 others like this
12 Months Of Hobby Jan

Master Sergeant, USMC Retired

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 255 posts

Driver got a raw deal. Gunner gets all the frontal armor

Not to mention the amount of hot shell casing raining down on him.

• Ordo_Xenos likes this

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts

Guess I am in the minority here, but I like the buggy. I assume it is the new version of the SM Attack bike to go alongside the new Bikes. Also LOVE the turret. Curious to see if there are weapons options for both in the future.

Already started it gets melta on the buggy and twin las on the turret

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,029 posts

I think I know what is bugging me about the buggy now. It looks to me like it's a cross section picture and they have removed the front of the vehicle. If they had added a canopy I think I would have liked it a lot more.

• Redrandy93, jaxom, Subtleknife and 1 other like this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,725 posts

I feel like ATV would been more in home with IG then space marines...

the quad look very orkish

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,460 posts

I don't believe anyone's pointed this out yet, but the ATV is the solution to the current oldest unsolved Rumour Engine.

2019-06-18.jpg

• Cyrox, Cruor Vault, Drudge Dreadnought and 7 others like this

Daynga-Zone

Daynga-Zone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 142 posts

I think I know what is bugging me about the buggy now. It looks to me like it's a cross section picture and they have removed the front of the vehicle. If they had added a canopy I think I would have liked it a lot more.

That’s a good point and solid pun! Maybe the roll cage off the front of the invictor would fit somehow, otherwise I’m sure there will be a third party cover or way to do it. I wasn’t a fan of the ATV at first, but a roll cage conversion to make it look more like the seal tactical buggy posted earlier would make me like it a lot more.

Love the look of the turret. With vehicles being able to move and shoot and terrain making LoS more difficult to achieve I’m not sure a static emplacement will be worth it, but maybe it’ll be extra cheap points wise or have some interesting rules.
  • jaxom likes this

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,170 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
Maaan that atv is just sooo goofy and orky looking to me

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,716 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I can't hate it because the Attack Bike is a lot more more stupid and ugly lol
  • Magos Takatus, Rune Priest Jbickb and WandererTheta like this

-~Ishagu~-

Aspecti

Aspecti

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 365 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

I like the ATV, but that front 'armor' needs to be beefed up. Not to mention it looks like the christian cross...

• Subtleknife likes this

gallery_45765_12606_50260.png

Salute the great Primarch,

Salute the Emperor,

Onward to victory!

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,201 posts
I don't dislike the concept of the ATV, but the front of the vehicle lools awfully underarmoured. A bit more of a front, landspeeder style, with more protection on the driver, and actually covered front wheels would go a long way (the rear ones do get some form of armour on their front end, but not the front ones, you know, the ones most likely to be exposed to fire?). As somebody else said, even the protective bars the invictor warsuit has over the driver would look nice and make more sense than in the not-dread. The FW elysian buggies are very cool models and I feel this one could have taken a couple more notes from them.

If it is an ETB and relatively cheap, I might try to get my hands on one and try to convert it a bit. And I will definitely add a banana and a shell hidden somewhere for the gunner to use 😄.

As for the turret, I am actually not sold on the concept, even if the sculpt per se looks nice enough, as it reminds me of the old razorback turret. I know tarantulas exist, but they are automated turrets that you deploy or even deepstrike and then you forget about them. Leaving a space marine isolated and in a fixed position, and a techmarine at that, seems like a waste of a marine, and a bit contrary to their usual modus operandi of a mobile strike force. I will wait to see how it works and its rules, but I find it is a cool aculpt but not really fitting with the space marine concept. And I know marines also participate in defensive actions, but I would feel any dedicated weapon emplacement would come as part of a bigger defensive structure.

Edited by Elzender, 13 June 2020 - 05:46 PM.

• Redrandy93 and Sargeant Centurion like this

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Schurge

Schurge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters + Daemons

The driver on that ATV better not stretch his neck out or he might get bonked on the head.

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 317 posts
I ike the turret.

That's the only positive thing I can say so I'll just leave it at that.

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 243 posts
The techmarine shoulder and helm are awesome. Glad they made it stand out. Good stuff.

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,722 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

Considering how cool the GSC vehicles have been, that ATV is a giant swing and a miss. It's so dinky and doesn't look right for the faction.

I can't help but wonder if the turret is part of the reason we no longer have marine Tarantulas available from Forgeworld. verymad.gif

Edited by sockwithaticket, 13 June 2020 - 06:22 PM.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,611 posts

Every single Necron reveal so far has been stellar.  Wish I didn't have to wait so long for all of it.  

• mithrilforge and Mr4Minutes like this

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 703 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

The ATV is absolutely abhorrent, I dont know why GW has an increasing fascination with skeletal marines (Invictus, all Vanguard stuff, etc).

That being said, cannibalize the front of a rhino or impulsor (depending on the size) and use the really badass turret like some have already suggested and I would dig it. The frame itself is fine, but I despise skeletal underarmored stuff. 

But one model among everything teased so far is still far from a big issue for me, everything else from the box and the turret all look fantastic.

The necron stuff is fabulous across the board though. 

• Iron Father Ferrum likes this

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
Reckon the techmarine gunner can heroically intervene?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users