Legion of the Damned?

INKS

All of this is great, thanks everyone. I'll check out that legends thing.

Curb your enthusiasm.

Points costs in Legends don't get adjusted after a unit is dumped there so most tournaments and thus most players don't like to face Legends units.

Expect not to field them a lot anymore.

Then again, points will be adjusted up for 9th and LotD won't so if you ever get to field them... :biggrin.:

FWIW, I'd field or play against Legends units any day if my opponent was ok with it.

Edit: Also while the fluff is cool, it might be easier to just make up a Successor Chapter that just happens to have black livery with flames and skulls.

Nobody could ever object to you playing the 100% rules legal Chapter of the Hell's Angels :wink:

Edited by HighMarshalAmp

I've got a feeling GW are working on a new army for them.

I think so too but not within the next 2 years. They need a bit time to elevate the primaris scheme into the LotD.

Edited by Medjugorje

I think the problem with LotD using Primaris is the spirits of long dead Marines angle. The fluff is ambiguous these days and having such a differing scale of models will look odd.

But who knows? They can go in any direction with them.

I think lotd is very low on the priority list.

yet. I think in the future it will coming but it needs its time.

I think the problem with LotD using Primaris is the spirits of long dead Marines angle. The fluff is ambiguous these days and having such a differing scale of models will look odd.

But who knows? They can go in any direction with them.

GW never said what the LotD really is. If they want to produce them they can without hurting the lore.

Maybe they have to decide in which direction the lore is going but nothing absolutly in the other direction.

Edited by Medjugorje

I think the PA books would have been a great place for them. They've generally manifested when the Imperium needed them to turn the tide. With all the PA shenanigans, I would have thought their appearances would be on the rise.

GW wont support any unit where they dont sell the models anymore. 

I think the PA books would have been a great place for them. They've generally manifested when the Imperium needed them to turn the tide. With all the PA shenanigans, I would have thought their appearances would be on the rise.

GW wont support any unit where they dont sell the models anymore.

Just realized they aren't on the site anymore. Glad I got mine when I did.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plenty of people making their own Primaris LOTD just now (myself included!). No need for specific rules tbh when there are so many Chapter rules you can use to represent them. Their preferred flame/melta schtick fits nicely with Salamanders anyway, and the “ignore AP-1” does a nice job of representing ghostly survivability.

If you subscribe to the “they’re that flame Chapter gone Warp-y” then it doesn’t work. If you go with the “spirits of heroes that refuse to die and return in an Arthurian manner when most needed” then Primaris ghosts works just fine, fluff-wise. The latter is what I’m going with as my justification.

I don’t really see GW coming out with official LOTD again tbh... rules or models.

Edited by XavierBacon

The old rules they ignored cover, so basically imperial fist.

They also had a 3++, but no one has that now.

Yeah, Deathwatch veterans with counts-as Storm Shields was a way of considered running LOTD, with SIA providing ways to have magic bullets, but I prefer the Primaris models. As it is, not having an obnoxious invulnerable save on every model will make for happier opponents!