Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Current Table and Imperial Guard Horde

astra militarum imperial guard warhammer 40k infantry scratch built terrain army

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Neotericity

Neotericity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts

1065222-Astra%20Militarum%2C%20Crusaders

1065221-Astra%20Militarum%2C%20Crusaders

1065220-Astra%20Militarum%2C%20Crusaders

1065218-Astra%20Militarum%2C%20Crusaders1065217-Astra%20Militarum%2C%20Crusaders

1065215-Astra%20Militarum%2C%20Crusaders

1065213-Astra%20Militarum%2C%20Crusaders

1065212-Astra%20Militarum%2C%20Crusaders

1065210-Astra%20Militarum%2C%20Crusaders

• mithrilforge, Bjorn Firewalker, Lord Marshal and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,053 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the terrain. I'm impressed with the little details you put in, e.g., the lasgun tripod. (Any other military veterans remember making one with two other friends, using rifles?)

Where'd you get the posters on the billboard and the buildings' walls?
  • walter h and Neotericity like this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Neotericity

Neotericity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts

Excellent work on the terrain. I'm impressed with the little details you put in, e.g., the lasgun tripod. (Any other military veterans remember making one with two other friends, using rifles?)

Where'd you get the posters on the billboard and the buildings' walls?

Thanks a lot bud and I certainly remember standing to and breaking down camp for a good ruck.

Here's the tutorial I followed for the posters. Essentially, it's google images of propaganda posters for 40k, finding the ones you like. I think GW actually releases some of their own for this purpose as well. Then you put them in your office program of choice at a bunch of different sizes. Print them off and in the tutorial he uses the clearcoat spray that GW sells. I used a matte clear coat sold at my local hardware store, by rustoleum. You spray both sides of the pages kind of dusting them not soaking them but a good layer. It seeps into the regular paper and gives it a bit more substance. The pages might look a little bit frosty, but that's not a problem at this stage.

I either cut them out with a scalpel or a small pair of scissors and smeared PVA on the back. The clear coat stops the inks from bleeding in this stage and the frosted look will disappear when the PVA dries. Smear whatever PVA pops out of the corners onto the front of the poster. Finally it is just a matter of pinching the poster or tearing of small pieces to give it a bit of a weathered look. The last thing I need to go back and do and hit whatever white corners poke out with a spot of agrax shade to make the paper look old.

I will upload my templates for my posters into my gallery for people's use.

http://www.bolterand...anda-templates/

Edited by Neotericity, 15 June 2020 - 11:07 AM.

• Bjorn Firewalker and walter h like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,053 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Thanks for the tutorial.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astra militarum, imperial guard, warhammer, 40k, infantry, scratch built, terrain, army

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users