Exorcist a Blast weapon?

Rasp

Anyone have an idea if the exorcist missile launcher will be a blast weapon in 9th? I am hoping not for two reasons.

One is that our minimum number of shots is 3 to start with so we don’t gain much from the new blast vs hordes rules.

Secondly, it would leave the exorcist with just a heavy Bolter to shoot its way out of combat.

I bet the conflagration rockets will have Blast though. It would make a good difference between the two weapons.

Thoughts?

Neither one benefits from the blast rule vs 6 man squads, but both would benefit greatly from the 11 man rule.

I'm expecting the Conflagration Rockets to get the blast rule.

It make the most sense to be a blast weapon, and would really give a reason to take that option.

There isn't much reason to take Conflagration Rockets at the moment, because even Hoards tend to have something that could use 3d3 S8 AP-3 d6 damage kick in the teeth.

I would expect them to be blast weapons. Based on what they have said are blast weapons, it's unlikely that the big missile launchers on the Exorcist wouldn't be blast. It certainly shares a lot of characteristics with other weapons getting the blast property. Multishot, d6 damage, narrative-wise causes an explosion. 

Personally while I hope conflagration rockets do get the blast type, traditionally exorcist missiles have always been direct fire and non blast template using weapons so I could see neither types of weaponry receiving it. Alternatively though I could see both getting blast just to nerf them a bit since honestly they have just gotten SO much better since the codex release. Either option is very plausible but for me personally I would like to see conflagration rockets receive it but not the missiles just to give a reason to bring both, since every time I have brought conflagration rockets, even against things it should love firing at like hordes of orks, I have been underwhelmed by their performance.

• 2 months later...

My understanding of blast rules is you get min 3 for each dice, doesn't matter d3 or d6. So that means we get 9 shots v 6+ units and 18 v. 11+ units...

Check the designer's note from the FAQ

It is a minimum of 3 shots per weapon against 6-10 models, not 3 shots per die. So Exorcists shooting rockets at a 6 man unit does not benefit from Blast.