Primaris Outriders

Skywrath

Nice idea, but  limited by the rumored max three bikes in the unit.

Rumoured so but, Stu Black also referenced taking 9 of them, did that refer to squad size or 3 squads?...I wait with baited breath.

Nice idea, but limited by the rumored max three bikes in the unit.

The limited number of models in units from starter boxes are due to the number of models available

In Dark Imperium Inceptors were 3 men squads but in the full codex with the multipart models the squad became 3-6

A large blob of bikes might sound good but of your squad will be 6 models or more then blast weapons will have a bigger number of hits on your unit and when you are hit by plasma cannons or LR Battle Cannons it's not Nice for Outriders even if they have 4W

I’d honestly be amazed if GW limits it to a max of 3 bikes, not while Centurion squads can rock around in units of 6.

In any case, the main loss from have 2x3 instead of 1x6 is that only one unit of 3 could make the first turn move, and only one squad could have the 5++ stratagem when fighting. The volume of attacks would be actually be higher due to having an additional sergeant.

Given the new blast rules, I think many squads will be limited to 5. Having Jink protects us somewhat from this.

I'm pretty sure Stu was talking about taking 3 units of 3 when he said 9. 

The bikes will start as only units of 3 in the Indomitus box. Once they get their multipart kit then they might move up to bigger units. Like the Inceptors. 

Although Eliminators stayed at units of 3, so there is precedent for not increasing the size. But I'd still expect larger units eventually. 

I'm pretty sure Stu was talking about taking 3 units of 3 when he said 9. 

The bikes will start as only units of 3 in the Indomitus box. Once they get their multipart kit then they might move up to bigger units. Like the Inceptors. 

Although Eliminators stayed at units of 3, so there is precedent for not increasing the size. But I'd still expect larger units eventually. 

Yeah I'd guess it'd be similar to Suppressors etc.

If they're not super expensive these guys will be mega annoying for most armies. Good for white scars and us. Advance and charge into something, even if a tank shoots into them they've got a 4++ and 4 wounds.

Suppressors seem to have been bumped up quite a bit in effectiveness.  With Overwatch being as limited as it is, the Suppressors ability to stop units from being able to overwatch is going to be quite nice.

I was thinking the opposite. They could be used to potentially shut down the one unit you definitely don't want to fire overwatch. But with Overwatch being limited, their ability to stop it won't be seen nearly as much, because units won't be firing overwatch anyway. 

I really do wonder, given how CP consuming most armies are, how many times you WILL see someone using overwatch. One CP just to fire with one squad, at 6+? I have a strong feeling that we will not see it used as much as we think.

I really do wonder, given how CP consuming most armies are, how many times you WILL see someone using overwatch. One CP just to fire with one squad, at 6+? I have a strong feeling that we will not see it used as much as we think.

When you have a full 10-man unit of hellblasters on defensible terrain (5+ overwatch) you may see it used

When you have a full 10-man unit of hellblasters on defensible terrain (5+ overwatch) you may see it used

I don't expect WotDA to be usable in overwatch this edition. And, I do not expect someone to try and charge THAT. I see your point, but, at the same time, knowing Overwatch is now so costly and a once-per-round thing, people will quickly figure out WHAT is meant to use it in your army, and fight that at range. You will most likely see the sides of your army that a CP would be wasted in giving them overwatch, while your hellblaster squad gets nuked into oblivion.

I think Suppressors, as a unit, got really affected in their usefulness here, in the end.

Now, on the topic of the outriders, what I am most happy to see here is the fact that there is a clear, mobile, and accurate unit in the primaris range, that can bring in some melta weaponry. All throughout this past edition I have found the Primaris to lack (outside of very CP stacked hellblasters, or the Repulsor) good anti armor firepower. I am expecting the buggy thingy now, to fill that role nicely. Specially as part of the Ravenwing.

If they dont charge in that's also great, saved a cp and denied a nice area of the battlefield.

Im really looking forwards to folding a unit of Outriders into my Ravenwing lists, there's some really utility there. The buggy depends on points for me, attack bikes will do the same thing, albeit a bit more squishily.

Edited by G8Keeper