That Warthog knockoff though..

NemFX

So B&C, I want to like that new space marine bike collection, but..

The person who made them doesn't seem to know how motorcycles work. They have no ground clearance, and the front wheels don't look like they can turn. This has been a consistent issue with the space marine bikes.

But the.. atv? Dune buggy? Go kart? I'm not sure what to call it. Is honestly the worst of them. I WANT to like it, it looks cool. But the more I look at it, the less it works. The turret can't really turn at all, it looks like it's supposed to be the Warhammer version of the Warthog from Halo, but.. It really looks like it wouldn't work as envisioned. Honestly, for the gunner to shoot behind the vehicle, the marine would have to climb up on the front of the vehicle.

I think I'm going to have to proxy this thing, maybe make a half-track or a gun-truck sorta thing. Anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix this model?

Until we see the rules I don't know what point the model even has in a Primaris list and thus don't see a point in converting it. It looks to be another Str5 AP-1 equivalent gun and Primaris aren't exactly hurting for MEQ killers. More on topic I don't see how it can be fixed without seeing the sprues. I suppose you can move the driver's seat to behind the turret and move the said turret to the front... it would still look stupid.

EDIT: It IS a Str5 AP-1 gun but it looks like you have the option to run a multi-melta on it which is probably more useful.

EDIT2: I'd put a multi-melta on the back of a Dark Shroud and use Primaris or Stormcast Liberator torsos on the drivers to make them look like Primaris.

EDIT3: OR... I'd put a multi-melta on the back of a Carnasaur AoS to go alongside my hypothetical bikers on Dracolions from the Stormcast Eternal line in a Salamanders army.

Edited by Schurge

I suspect it's going to be a very marmite model... people will love it or hate it.

Personally, I really don't mind the ground clearance thing. My mind can easily suspend disbelief and make an presumption it would have it and the front axles (or whatever, I'm no petrol head) go up when not on "full tilt" etc.

No, what my concern is the fact the front of the model is missing and thus it looks like a go kart. Seriously, where is the front lol

Early days with the rules and points etc, but I do fail to see where this model fits in. It otherwise replaces Inceptors or they replace it. I guess if you already took 3 units of Inceptors and wanted another MSU style you could add it?

We'll see but I think ultimately it's just a swing and a miss model. GW have released some gold recently so they can't get it right all the time.

Edited by Captain Idaho

I'm not thinking too hard about how I'd convert it right now, given we haven't got any rules for it bar the gun options. That said, the one thought that popped into my head when I saw it and went "urgh" was "I wish this looked more like an Achilles Ridgerunner" - so, perhaps use one for a base for a conversion?

Yeah I’m digging the. Ike’s but not the atv really. Front just is off?

I wasn’t a fan of monkey paw aggressors at first either and was neutral on Inceptors. After a year of fiddling with conversions I’ve come to like both of the original sculpts ... not sure about these Eradicators ... maybe I’ve learned my lesson and just build and paint ... doubt it though. Lol

My point is rushing to judgment is pretty silly. Get one in your hand and see it on the table a few times. Might save work and money. :)

Honestly I'm going to either make it a half track, or some sort of truck. I was planning on getting some knockoff lego wheels, making the back end a turret in the style of the Hydra tank from IG, and then probably do some sort of cab for the front, for some extra armour. Probably just give the driver a storm bolter or go full warthog, and have the front have two seats, have the passenger side guy have a storm bolter. Honestly, I might just make the whole vehicle out of lego.

Suggest you keep a consistent base and height size. I suppose its not getting confused with a landspeeder, but conversions too far off the standard shape and size start to look gamie after a certain point.

• 2 weeks later...

I quite like the model.

But a single multimelta for 85 points considering the eradicator stats and price point is super underwhelming. And as others have said, S5 AP-1 firepower is not lacking in a primaris army.

On top of that both weapons are heavy and this is unlikely to have the vehicle keyword so its not as accurate. Rules are a miss right now for me

• 2 weeks later...
I quite likes how it looks. I don't play space marines and can't speak to its supposed effectiveness, but it looks so silly I like it. People drag it down about how not practical it is, but for some reason love that humans in the year 40,000 are running around with chainsaw shaped swords when there are personal sized guns that can melt full sized tanks. Chain swords are far less practical but everyone loves those... Haha

Hard to judge it until we see what special rules it comes with. On its head, it doesn't stand out. 80/85 points for a harder than average to kill multi-melta or HOGC doesn't strike me as that important. But if it comes with the right special rules it could be cool.

Right, and most Primaris units besides the HQ copy and pastes have some special rule. There's alot of negative feelings on it's looks though, unless it gets a cool rule I doubt many would take it for the points.

I am just gonna wait for shapeways to have a 3d printed front cover that I can use to convert the ATV.

even without that I still like it because it is pure 40k.

And done. Got to love the internet.

Not my design.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBuz9UGnh0E/?igshid=1rz5mje9w1upz