Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Eggroll's Blood Angels

blood angels showcase blood angel space marines

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Excellent work on the Death Company Marines.

Thanks Bjorn!

Masters of the Chapter done...at least the 4 from the pewter boxset from awhile back:

1YcT9p7.jpg
pzJ08C0.jpg
ByqjzyD.jpg
yxi5wvs.jpg

Even though these models are quite old now, the sculpts still hold up very well and I had a lot of fun painting up these guys. Still need to to the other 4 masters of the chapter that came out after these which are in finecast...

• Leonaides, Dosjetka, Grotsmasha and 8 others like this

Timotheus

Timotheus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 543 posts
  • Faction: Imperium

Wow! Love this clean paintjob on these classic models..

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,699 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

Hey look who re-surfaced while I was gone. Welcome back eggroll, the scale of your collection is an achievement in its own right, that it's all so well painted is astonishing. There's a real kick to seeing some of these older models with good, modern paintjobs.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts

Wow! Love this clean paintjob on these classic models..

Thanks Timotheus!

Hey look who re-surfaced while I was gone. Welcome back eggroll, the scale of your collection is an achievement in its own right, that it's all so well painted is astonishing. There's a real kick to seeing some of these older models with good, modern paintjobs.

Ha thanks Sockwithaticket! I do plan on getting the whole collection out for a full on photo shoot soon. Will probably take me a weekend to do but should be lots of fun. Most of my paint jobs recently have been of the older GW SM range and brings back a lot of nostalgia though I have to say the metal is a b!tch to work with!
  • Leonaides likes this

Leonaides

Leonaides

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,796 posts

They do have a nice bit of character compared to the plastic kits though. I never got any of those guys - no jump packs so i wasn't too interested - but your paint jobs on the  first and third captains (Master of Recruits and Master of the Armoury if i recall?) make me regret that...

"most gamers (especially ones who frequent forums) are idiots of one form or another" Great Crusade 08

LPC 2009 LPC 2010  LPC 2011 LPC 2012 LPC 2013 ETL VII LPC 20 
gallery_19254_8784_1046.gifgallery_19254_8784_3201.gif gallery_19254_8784_3710.gifgallery_19254_8523_59626.jpggallery_48988_15465_15162.png

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts

They do have a nice bit of character compared to the plastic kits though. I never got any of those guys - no jump packs so i wasn't too interested - but your paint jobs on the  first and third captains (Master of Recruits and Master of the Armoury if i recall?) make me regret that...

Thanks though I’m sure you can still find these guys floating around on eBay. GW did put out one master of the chapter with a jump pack though...believe he’s still for sale these days on the website.

Kyknos of Athena

Kyknos of Athena

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 781 posts
  • Faction: Twilight Wardens

Next up is a 5 man squad of standard scouts all with respirator helms...definitely good for these times!

Where did you get these helmets, may I ask?

formerly: LordVelype

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to Kyknos of Athena

Part of the War of Light AU-project: XVIIIth Legion Dreadspears

IA: Twilight Wardens

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts

Next up is a 5 man squad of standard scouts all with respirator helms...definitely good for these times!

Where did you get these helmets, may I ask?

Sure you can! I actually got them built from a friend as he has a thing for respirators for some reason but I believe he bought them from bits sites and they come from the space marine scout on bike kit. 

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists & Flesh Tearers

Blown away by the quality on display here. Those masters of the chapter models are awesome. I need more!

gallery_45765_12339_49118.png 49208293978_064e846335_o.png

Instagram - viewasjack

Crimson Fists 4th Company - "The Crimson Lancers" - WIP

Flesh Tearers Spearhead Force - WIP

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts

Blown away by the quality on display here. Those masters of the chapter models are awesome. I need more!

Thanks viewasjack! Since you asked...

Had these two squads kicking around for a loooong time and though it was finally time I got around to painting them. These are the old (metal as usual) Mk1 and Mk2 Space Marine veteran squads...

NGRIHFO.jpg

OQocpqg.jpg

Had a blast painting these guys and the move to 32mm bases makes them look all the more balanced. 

• Dosjetka, Grotsmasha, Llagos_Tyrant and 5 others like this

Valkia the Bloody

Valkia the Bloody

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Those look stunning!

I love these old metal minis.

Especially great work on these power weapons!

If I may ask- how long did it take you to finish these squads?

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,137 posts

Great to see you back after all of these years, eggroll! I'd forgotten how large and gorgeous your collection was, and I'm glad you're continuing to add to it. :tu: I look forward to seeing more updates in the future!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,886 posts

Wow! Absolutely fantastic paint-job!

You've managed to bring out so much life from those old sculpts. Apothecaries are simply beautiful. The faces you produce get miles of extra character and personalities.

Can't draw my eyes from those smile.png

Edited by Majkhel, 19 July 2020 - 07:23 AM.

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"  ||   Other things&projects
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_3723.jpggallery_48988_16308_20607.pnggallery_105306_14812_3271.pnggallery_105306_14812_1034.pnggallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_2682.gifgallery_48988_15094_8761.pnggallery_48988_15094_11545.pnggallery_48988_15094_13336.pnggallery_48988_15094_3969.pnggallery_48988_15094_1226.png

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts

Those look stunning!

I love these old metal minis.

Especially great work on these power weapons!

If I may ask- how long did it take you to finish these squads?

Thanks Valkia! Sure...I think I average about 5 hours a model so 50 hours (give or take a few) in total for the 10 guys?

Great to see you back after all of these years, eggroll! I'd forgotten how large and gorgeous your collection was, and I'm glad you're continuing to add to it. thumbsup.gif I look forward to seeing more updates in the future!

Thanks Dosjetka! I forget how large my collection is sometimes as well since it's almost all boxed up in storage most of the time :D. I'll find out how many I have now once I get them all out for the next army showcase. 

Wow! Absolutely fantastic paint-job!

You've managed to bring out so much life from those old sculpts. Apothecaries are simply beautiful. The faces you produce get miles of extra character and personalities.

Can't draw my eyes from those smile.png

Thanks Majkhel! 

• Valkia the Bloody likes this

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts
Quick update with another metal model done and dusted. This time it's the special edition Space Marine sergeant with power fist and bolter that first came out in 2008 to celebrate the GW webstore.

8BrKuqO.jpg

• Dosjetka, Bjorn Firewalker, Captain Caine 24th and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,053 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on a classic model.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 583 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Great painting! Love how the character is brought out by the fantastic paint job in these. 

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png gallery_48988_16228_15684.png      

My Works in Progress

Profile picture by Julie Hang as part of Mermay. 

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts

Excellent work on a classic model.

Thanks Bjorn!

Great painting! Love how the character is brought out by the fantastic paint job in these. 

Thanks BadgersinHills!

Another quick update. Been moving the past month to an apartment and first time in years since I've been able to get my own dedicated hobby room/office so I'll be setting up a new display case and getting everything back out of storage boxes/cases. Have the detolfs from years ago but been eyeing the Milsbo from Ikea or thinking about going the commercial display case route as well. 

Until then, here are two more bikers that were finished recently:

2ckWSHO.jpg
B2UjURK.jpg

• Dosjetka, Grotsmasha, Bjorn Firewalker and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,053 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Great job on the bikers!
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blood angels, showcase, blood angel, space marines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users