Thanks for showing us your display case! I've been hunting around for various solutions myself and this really helps. You'll definitely need more than one to display all of that fabulous army.

Not a problem and glad to hear you found it helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive painting standards and collection! 

Really wonderful work. :smile.:

Thanks Master Umbra and BadgersinHills!

A quick update for now. FInished off the final tac squad I had left over from the Dark Vengenance kit. Thought I was all done with those models before I realized I still have the terminators still left to do :wacko.:

3kkzJAu.jpg

• 4 months later...

Been awhile since my last post as I haven't had a chance to setup a painting station after moving in. Finally had some downtime over the holidays and spent most of that playing Cyberpunk 2077. The other time I had left was to setup a properly airbrush and paint station and got to work painting my backlog. Just focusing on doing single models for now. Here's what I've managed in the past month or so:

1. Ennox Sorrlock - Sternguard Veteran: from the Kill Team Cassius boxset. Removed the Iron Hands iconography and painted him up as a Blood Angel.

7I61kwL.jpg

2. Jensus Natorian - Codicer Librarian: second model from the Kill Team Cassius boxset. Same as before, removed as much Blood Raven iconography as I could and painted him up as a BA librarian

YUwGK5m.jpg

3. Vael Donatus - Sternguard Veteran: third guy from Kill Team Cassius. UM iconography removed and painted red!

kW3PQ2L.jpg

4. Ortan Cassius - Chaplain: last one from KTC with UM iconography removed. 

6Da3aag.jpg

5. Sergeant Chronus: had this model for a long time (metal model) that I stripped a few years back and never repainted until now. The 2nd version of him in a turret I'm already using in one of my earlier Land Raiders. Spent some additional time on this one filing off all the UM iconography; the centre chest icon was especially tricky but I managed to get it off without too much damage to the surrounding areas and then proceeded to glue a BA drop icon which turned out quite well.

ON4b5Wy.jpg

6. Kyrin Solaq: Believe this guy is a captain of the Raven Guard but always loved the dynamic pose so repainted him like all others above in BA colours and icons.

Oi5ZMzX.jpg

7. Watch Captain Artemis: last of this bunch, this is a faithful reproduction of the 54mm Inquisitor model that's repainted in BA colours to add to my collection of captains!

VrFP8q6.jpg

Next up in queue is the techmarine with thunderfire cannon. One of the worst models to put together as it was in fine cast and the quality was absolutely terrible - the worst recast models from China looks better than the finecast version of this! Anyhow pictures to follow shortly!

Edited by eggroll

Great work, as per usual. :thumbsup: I especially like your rendition of Ennox Sorrlock and Sergeant Chronus.

Thanks Dosjetka!

Captain Artemis looks amazing. Fantastic work throughout!

Thanks Thoridon!

So good to see your works again!

Excellent bunch! Loving the Chronus especially - the big blood drop gem really suits this classic metal sculpt :wub:

Thanks Majkhel! Yes, I was worried halfway through that I'd butcher his chest icon and wouldn't have a good icon to fill that spot with but the extra bits from the BA tac squad came in handy. 

Great work!! 

Thanks BadgersinHills!

Again, excellent works.

Thanks Bjorn!

Artemis looks great as Blood Angel Captain

Thanks war009!

Absolutely stunning work. Your power swords are some of the best I've ever seen!

Thanks cretacianborn! Been practicing my power weapons for 10+ years now and have got a good hang of things :)

Quick update as I found a squad in my display case painted up from the holidays that I forgot to take photos of. Presenting the FW MKV Assault Squad! I actually bought these guys back in 2011 and they "only" cost £32 back then! 

wQmoAN7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Been working lots recently so have had less and less time for painting but did manage to finish off the last two Kill Team Cassius members converted to Blood Angels:

Edryc Setorax, Raven Guard Vanguard Veteran:
93ElxXW.jpg

Rodricus Grytt, Imperial Fists Devastator:
iYTfsjs.jpg

Excellent works.

Great work on these.

Beautiful work, Sanguinius would be proud!

Great use of OG marines from other chapters and Deathwatch. Artemis is one of the best looking plastic firstborn GW ever made IMHO.

Thanks guys!

Finished off a model that has been one of the biggest pain in the butt to assemble - the venerable thunderfire cannon. I've heard many complaints about the pewter version and can't imagine they'd be worse than the finecast one I got which had so many bubbles and miscasts - can't believe GW actually lets some of these go through their QC! Anyhow, here's the model done and finished so I won't have to build/paint another one again!  :bleep: 
nnbK11R.jpg

Also a sneek peek at something else on my desk that's in progress...my 3rd titan:
ECQLVrd.jpg