Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Eggroll's Blood Angels

blood angels showcase blood angel space marines

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

OriginPainting

OriginPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

Overall stellar work. I love how dark you get the gradient on that red. 

• eggroll likes this

YoungWolf7

YoungWolf7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 229 posts
  • Faction: Star Phantoms

Thanks for showing us your display case! I've been hunting around for various solutions myself and this really helps. You'll definitely need more than one to display all of that fabulous army.

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done.

YoungWolf7's Meanderings

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 219 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Thanks for showing us your display case! I've been hunting around for various solutions myself and this really helps. You'll definitely need more than one to display all of that fabulous army.

Not a problem and glad to hear you found it helpful!

Master Umbra

Master Umbra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts
  • Location:Excommunicate Traitoris in Berlin, originally from Canaria Majoris
  • Faction: Night Lords

Impressive painting standards and collection! 

• eggroll likes this
"I am a son of the sunless world, and Eighth Legion to my core."

— Attributed to First Captain Sevatar

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Really wonderful work. :)

• eggroll likes this

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 219 posts

Impressive painting standards and collection! 

Really wonderful work. smile.png

Thanks Master Umbra and BadgersinHills!

A quick update for now. FInished off the final tac squad I had left over from the Dark Vengenance kit. Thought I was all done with those models before I realized I still have the terminators still left to do wacko.png

3kkzJAu.jpg

• Burias-Drak'shal, Dosjetka, Bjorn Firewalker and 6 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,459 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent works. I appreciate your efforts in painting, detailing (including the lighting effects), and weathering the models.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 29 September 2020 - 04:13 PM.

• eggroll likes this
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 219 posts

Been awhile since my last post as I haven't had a chance to setup a painting station after moving in. Finally had some downtime over the holidays and spent most of that playing Cyberpunk 2077. The other time I had left was to setup a properly airbrush and paint station and got to work painting my backlog. Just focusing on doing single models for now. Here's what I've managed in the past month or so:

1. Ennox Sorrlock - Sternguard Veteran: from the Kill Team Cassius boxset. Removed the Iron Hands iconography and painted him up as a Blood Angel.

7I61kwL.jpg

2. Jensus Natorian - Codicer Librarian: second model from the Kill Team Cassius boxset. Same as before, removed as much Blood Raven iconography as I could and painted him up as a BA librarian

YUwGK5m.jpg

3. Vael Donatus - Sternguard Veteran: third guy from Kill Team Cassius. UM iconography removed and painted red!

kW3PQ2L.jpg

4. Ortan Cassius - Chaplain: last one from KTC with UM iconography removed. 

6Da3aag.jpg

5. Sergeant Chronus: had this model for a long time (metal model) that I stripped a few years back and never repainted until now. The 2nd version of him in a turret I'm already using in one of my earlier Land Raiders. Spent some additional time on this one filing off all the UM iconography; the centre chest icon was especially tricky but I managed to get it off without too much damage to the surrounding areas and then proceeded to glue a BA drop icon which turned out quite well.

ON4b5Wy.jpg

6. Kyrin Solaq: Believe this guy is a captain of the Raven Guard but always loved the dynamic pose so repainted him like all others above in BA colours and icons.

Oi5ZMzX.jpg

7. Watch Captain Artemis: last of this bunch, this is a faithful reproduction of the 54mm Inquisitor model that's repainted in BA colours to add to my collection of captains!

VrFP8q6.jpg

Next up in queue is the techmarine with thunderfire cannon. One of the worst models to put together as it was in fine cast and the quality was absolutely terrible - the worst recast models from China looks better than the finecast version of this! Anyhow pictures to follow shortly!

Edited by eggroll, 28 January 2021 - 04:45 AM.

• Azaiel, Burias-Drak'shal, Dosjetka and 16 others like this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,723 posts

Great work, as per usual. thumbsup.gif I especially like your rendition of Ennox Sorrlock and Sergeant Chronus.

gallery_45765_15430_13020.pnggallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_34763.pnggallery_45765_15430_18580.pnggallery_45765_15430_18989.png

Thoridon

Thoridon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 602 posts

Captain Artemis looks amazing. Fantastic work throughout!

My Blood Angels (Topic): Link
My Imperial Guard (Topic): Link

yIgPssd.jpgsml_gallery_64798_13809_5652.jpggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,698 posts

So good to see your works again!
Excellent bunch! Loving the Chronus especially - the big blood drop gem really suits this classic metal sculpt wub.gif 

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"  ||   Other things&projects
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_105306_14812_3271.pnggallery_105306_14812_1034.pnggallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_2682.gifsml_gallery_48988_11572_5890.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_10350.pnggallery_48988_15094_3577.pnggallery_48988_15094_5099.png

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Great work!! 

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,459 posts
Again, excellent works.
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 219 posts

Great work, as per usual. thumbsup.gif I especially like your rendition of Ennox Sorrlock and Sergeant Chronus.

Thanks Dosjetka!

Captain Artemis looks amazing. Fantastic work throughout!

Thanks Thoridon!

So good to see your works again!
Excellent bunch! Loving the Chronus especially - the big blood drop gem really suits this classic metal sculpt wub.gif

Thanks Majkhel! Yes, I was worried halfway through that I'd butcher his chest icon and wouldn't have a good icon to fill that spot with but the extra bits from the BA tac squad came in handy. 

Great work!! 

Thanks BadgersinHills!

Again, excellent works.

Thanks Bjorn!

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,626 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights Adepta Sororitas
Artemis looks great as Blood Angel Captain

cretacianborn

cretacianborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 232 posts
  • Faction: Flesh Tearers

Absolutely stunning work. Your power swords are some of the best I've ever seen!

gallery_45765_12339_531.pnggallery_45765_12339_7181.png

Instagram - cretacianborn

Twitter - cretacianborn

Flesh Tearers Spearhead Force - WIP

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 219 posts

Artemis looks great as Blood Angel Captain

Thanks war009!

Absolutely stunning work. Your power swords are some of the best I've ever seen!

Thanks cretacianborn! Been practicing my power weapons for 10+ years now and have got a good hang of things :)

Quick update as I found a squad in my display case painted up from the holidays that I forgot to take photos of. Presenting the FW MKV Assault Squad! I actually bought these guys back in 2011 and they "only" cost £32 back then! 

wQmoAN7.jpg

• Burias-Drak'shal, Dosjetka, Bjorn Firewalker and 6 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,459 posts
Good job on the Great Crusade-era Assault Marines.

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 219 posts

Been working lots recently so have had less and less time for painting but did manage to finish off the last two Kill Team Cassius members converted to Blood Angels:

Edryc Setorax, Raven Guard Vanguard Veteran:
93ElxXW.jpg

Rodricus Grytt, Imperial Fists Devastator:
iYTfsjs.jpg

• Kurgan the Lurker, Azaiel, Burias-Drak'shal and 7 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,459 posts
Excellent works.
  • Triszin likes this

Burias-Drak'shal

Burias-Drak'shal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 691 posts
  • Faction: Wordbearer
Great work on these.
gallery_43262_14432_13990.jpggallery_43262_14432_29483.jpg

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

Beautiful work, Sanguinius would be proud!

Great use of OG marines from other chapters and Deathwatch. Artemis is one of the best looking plastic firstborn GW ever made IMHO.

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

eggroll

eggroll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 219 posts

Excellent works.

Great work on these.

Beautiful work, Sanguinius would be proud!

Great use of OG marines from other chapters and Deathwatch. Artemis is one of the best looking plastic firstborn GW ever made IMHO.

Thanks guys!

Finished off a model that has been one of the biggest pain in the butt to assemble - the venerable thunderfire cannon. I've heard many complaints about the pewter version and can't imagine they'd be worse than the finecast one I got which had so many bubbles and miscasts - can't believe GW actually lets some of these go through their QC! Anyhow, here's the model done and finished so I won't have to build/paint another one again!  :bleep: 
nnbK11R.jpg

Also a sneek peek at something else on my desk that's in progress...my 3rd titan:
ECQLVrd.jpg

• Azaiel, Burias-Drak'shal, Bjorn Firewalker and 6 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,459 posts
Excellent work on the Thunderfire cannon and its Techmarine gunner.

Burias-Drak'shal

Burias-Drak'shal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 691 posts
  • Faction: Wordbearer
Thundercannon looks great and the Titan lookalike it's coming along great too!
gallery_43262_14432_13990.jpggallery_43262_14432_29483.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blood angels, showcase, blood angel, space marines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users