Very nice!

I like the shade of green you concocted on the laurels. And the paintjob on the sword's blade is beautiful :smile.:

Thanks Majkhel! 

These look awesome. I especially like your collection of characters.

Thanks Heathgrove! I've gone down deep into the rabbit hole of collecting Blood Angel models...currently trying to complete the whole collection going as far back as 2nd ed. 

• 2 weeks later...
Big update this time around as I've got quite a bit painted since my last post. First up the the updated FW land speeder proteus:

b6CKDbG.jpg

ag8jAdi.jpg

YyZtADn.jpg

I think this land speeder proteus is my very first heresy model which then led to the following:

JHlkYpk.jpg

4lLLTTT.jpg

And then:

jvaf9bD.jpg

DAbnFhD.jpg

The tracks on both tanks were the biggest pain in the butt to put together as it seems it didn't' really want to line up. In the end I ended up chopping a few track sections and milliputting the segments together. 

And finally I decided to open one of my limited edition captains I've had sitting around untouched forever:

ZEE9qnh.jpg

Being finecast, I expected the worst but thankfully the cast wasn't too bad and didn't require too much cleanup/prep work:

w2nJsVP.jpg

And the finished model:

vGJFeIm.jpg

Painted with reference to the 2nd ed boxcover:

3nwpvFm.jpg

Well it's been 5-ish years since the last time (Nov 2016) I got everything out and took a full army shot and that's exactly what I did today. Having taken the week off work and not being able to travel anywhere, I figured this would be the best time for such a thing. 

Whole process was a bit of a pain given the size of the army now and from setup to teardown I think it must have taken me over 6 hours! I did try and shoot a short video and might post that at a later date once I get a chance to review/edit. 

Stats of the collection as of this photo shoot:

Total Points (Battlescribe): 30,991

Total Models: 401

Last time I took an army shot, I used the Realm of Battle board which has since been sold - I've actually sold most of my terrain after my last move to downsize my hobby "stuff". Currently using the badlands FAT mat which works much better.

First off...here are the big overall army photos (open the images in a new window to see the full sized versions):

jHxwEu0.jpg

sxaVsgH.jpg

787r6Ce.jpg

cDzoIom.jpg

mD0xiyH.jpg

RH7y6If.jpg

And to pay homage to the OG Scouts that started it all off back in 2007:

ppVIBds.jpg

...and for easier viewing a direct link to the full album: https://imgur.com/a/e0cCf58

Edited by eggroll

A fine army. I appreciate the fact you used a high resolution camera, so we can clearly see your works.

Thanks! Glad you like the high res pics. I actually got a new camera and lens in anticipation for this shoot and it's been worth it!

That's one hell of a collection.

Thanks!

Beautiful army. I love the group shots. Do you ever play apocalypse with all your models? That’d be a heck of a game. 

Thanks! Actually these models have never been played as I'm just a collector. Perhaps one day I might try the actual game itself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my Hawk-Boi! 

:jawdrop: 

Fantastic collection! I'm glad you made the effort of lining them all for a family photo session.

It's quite a spectacle! :thumbsup:

Thanks Majkhel! Not something I want to do on a regular basis but thought the 30k points was an important milestone to do so. Glad you like it!

After doing the land speeder proteus, it got me looking back at some of the classic models which started my collecting itch once again. I was suppose to be working on my remaining first born stuff in order to complete what I have so I can start on the primaris bits but the nostalgia bit me hard and I spent the last few weeks on eBay collecting up all the older Space Marine/Blood Angel models I didn't already have in my collection focusing on 2nd ed onwards (I've decided to skip on the RT stuff for now). 

Most of the stuff arrived a few weeks later and most required a simple green bath in the ultrasonic. Working on these older metal models was a nice change up and the simplier model designs allowed for faster batch paint jobs. 

First up are the older Libarian/Codicier/Lexicanium/Epistolary models:

w8z9aZl.png

EvU8hL8.png

5OOcTXY.png

fb5EK0R.png

4WocDyU.png

tAHpogu.png

Still to complete are 2 older Terminator Librarians (both really old metal sculpts) and the newest limited edition Lexicanum Terminator Varus. Once I have those ones done my Blood Angels Book Club of Librarians will finally be complete! :biggrin.:

I love the librarians! I’d forgotten about the old sprues having a lot more variety of weapon options. Laspistols and auto pistols for marines? Why not?

Yup! The retro styling of the las and plasma pistols were a nice change when I found them and put them on. 

Your collection and skill is breath taking, and very motivating. I just discovered your thread tonight, and literally the best thing I've seen this year hands down. 

Thank you! Glad you like it...I've restarted my work in progress log here in B&C a few times after one or two of the site issues in the past. If you've got time and are interested, my whole log (starting from around 2010) is logged on Dakka here: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/313003.page

That army shot is fantastic! Sigh, I would probably have something similar if I didn’t succumb to hobby ADD so often. Now I just have 3 semi large different armies and have sold off several other large forces in my time and have a couple upstart little forces that were “oh, shiny new thing” buys. Doing my best to stay focused on my top 3, Blood Angels, Necrons and Mechanicum.