That army shot is fantastic! Sigh, I would probably have something similar if I didn’t succumb to hobby ADD so often. Now I just have 3 semi large different armies and have sold off several other large forces in my time and have a couple upstart little forces that were “oh, shiny new thing” buys. Doing my best to stay focused on my top 3, Blood Angels, Necrons and Mechanicum.

Thanks! Ha I had the same problem before I scaled it back and focused on just BA. I had collected at one point Orks, CSM, Mechanicus and Dark Eldar before selling them all off...SM and BA are more than enough for a lifetime's worth of painting!

So good to see you still going with this army. Those full assembly shots are something spectacular.

Thanks! Hoping to go for many years with this army. Will eventually get through all the BA/SM models ever made one day!

How could I miss this thread till now? Your work is absolutely amazing. One of the most impressive armies I've ever seen. Okay, I could be a little bit biased because BA are my main army also :wink:

Thanks Rhavien! Good to have another BA fan onboard :D

• 2 weeks later...
In keeping with my nostalgia/retrohammer kick that I've been on recently, I've finished off a group of old school pewter models that are circa 1990's. These guys were lots of fun to paint and it's amazing the details they were able to cram into these models even back in the day. Actually started counting the number of skulls on each of these models and most of them are in the 16-18 skull range! :D

Onto the pics:

FlyRm1k.jpg

d3CZvXN.jpg

0PdbjJJ.jpg

8NKkWac.jpg

wwiiQqK.jpg

XpQVIHV.jpg

XVej3je.jpg

And finally my display shelf for the book club members and the bible thumpers:

6QbeTfZ.jpg

Current collection count: 

416 painted models

32226 points total 

Quite impressive, once again. Boys in black look aces.

Thanks Sherrypie!

Excellent work on the Chaplains.

Thanks Bjorn!

Those Librarians and Chaplains are simply gorgeous :wub: 

Lovely collection! 

Thanks Majkhel!

Epic work!

Thanks Spyros!

• 5 months later...
It's been awhile since I last finished/posted a model but did manage to get a last burst of painting in before 2022 hits. 

First is a 5 man Honour Guard squad. These are actually the old Blood Angel metal bits from way way back and I don't think this is even a valid codex entry in the current version anymore but I'm still quite happy to add this to my BA collection in order to check one more thing off my list:

BM5Iwr5.png

Next one is another very old metal model...the venerable dreadnought which took me a long time to track down - finally find someone earlier this year selling a new in box version on Facebook marketplace that was local to me so I snagged that quick! This is my second metal dreadnought model and I'm still surprised at the heft of this thing which is a pain when it comes to painting. Thank god for the newer plastic kits!

QwwoMRb.png

Only remaining dreadnought left to paint and add to the collection is the classic BA one with the multi-melta (also all metal) which is currently in the painting stages.

Current painted collection sits at: 

- 32,904 Points

- 421 Models

Another thing I did recently is I started tracking my painting and collection catalog in Notion via a tabled database with each painted model/squad with it's own page with images. This allows me to catalog not only the pictures but also details around each of the units with points, unit numbers, upgrades and type which rolls up in to a main table. This is a huge improvement over my previous google sheets. A few pics of this in case anyone is curious:

s9uf81m.png

FC1OjM2.png

cmI8Jfd.png

Finally since we're winding down 2021 I've gone through and did another year in review/summary of everything I've painted this year:

Jan

Kyrin Solaq (Captain)

Watch Captain Artemis (Captain)

Ennox Sorrlock (Sternguard Vet)

Vael Donatus (Sternguard Vet)

Sergeant Chronus (Techmarine)

Jensus Natorian (Librarian)

Ortan Cassius (Chaplain)

FW MKV Assault Squad (5)

Feb

Edryc Setorax (Vanguard Vet)

Rodricus Grytt (Sternguard Vet)

Thunderfire Cannon with Techmarine

Apr

FW Mars Pattern Warhound Titan

Lord Executioner

Master of Marches

Master of Relics

Master of Rites

May

Vanguard Veterns (5)

FW Land Speeder Proteus

FW Land Raider Proteus

FW Spartan Assault Tank

Gamesday 2012 Blood Angels Captain

Jun

Librarians (6)

Jul

Chaplains (7)

Oct

Blood Angel Honour Guard (5)

Dec 

Venerable Dreadnought Metal

Total Models: 48

As always, thanks for reading and keep an eye out for more next year! Happy holidays and new year everyone!

Amazing painting!

I like your use of Notion for cataloguing your minis, I'll give it a try. 

Thanks! Best thing of all is that Notion is pretty much free. 

This dread is such a beauty and a beast :wub: 

Fantastic achievements throughout the year!

Thanks Majkhel!

Gorgeous stuff

Thanks Triszin!

That Venerable is beautiful, the gold matches the red so well.

Thanks Pearson!

• 2 weeks later...
First models to add to the collection for 2022! Had the first week of the year off from work and with no traveling, I managed to get quite a bit of painting in during the staycation.

First up is the metal Ezekiel model added to the Librarian book club. Managed to scrap off most of the DA iconography or covert them to a wing/blood drop. Given we all know the DA are traitors...him turning into a BA librarian isn't that big of a stretch!

YhYSGbC.jpg

Next up is the all metal dreadnought. I already had the metal furioso in my collection and managed to grab this guy (pre-painted) from Troll Trader. Spent a bit stripping off the previous paintjob and repainted him in my army colours. The only thing left is to print off a paper banner similar to the ones that came with the kit many decades ago:

ndGZcnH.jpg

Finally, I painted up a 10 man squad of dual lightning claw terminators. These guys are a kitbash from many kits, BA terminator, DA deathwing knights, Space Hulk terminators, and the regular assault terminator box:

8prfKyL.jpg

9CafCj7.jpg

Haven't decided what's next yet...still have 30 terminators primed and based coated though I might change paces to a vehicle. Recently acquired 2 of the old Baal predators with the metal sponsons and assault cannon so perhaps will take a crack at one of those. More to come!

The dread is still one of my favourite designs. Looks amazing. Makes me want to paint my two. Excellent work as always. Looking forward to your future work. Especially the terminators.

Thanks Cypher! The old kits definitely have a lot of character! Speaking of terminators...just posted 10 finished ones with dual lightning claws. Still have PLENTY left to do though with another 10 hammer shield ones and a ton of shooty guys. 

That power sword for the Librarian is gorgeous! 

Thanks NomadPainting!

You've been busy!

Lovely painting as always, but I also really like some of the poses you did on the terminators :thumbsup:

Thanks Majkhel! Yup I go through hobby peaks and plateaus where I get bouts of inspiration and motivation. Happened over the holidays so I've been trying to crank out models :D. Appreciate the kind words!

Amazing looking terminators! Love the yellow helmets against the red armor.

Thanks Smoke Frog! I like doing my close combat terminators with yellow helms similar to assault marines. I think people are divided in terms of actual fluff on what the colour should be (yellow, gold, red) but I decided on yellow many years ago with my first assault terms and have stuck with it to maintain consistency. Happy with the choice!

• 2 weeks later...
Took pictures of 2 more squads of terminators which were finished last week. These guys are equipped with thunderhammers and storm shields and similar to the LC terminators where they're kitbashed from many different terminator kits (blood angels, space hulk, dark angels and regular SM). My terminator collection is growing quickly and had a blast painting these up. I also tried to experiment with oil shading a bit more with these ones to try and cut down on time spent doing manual black lining brush work which turned out quite well and saved me about an hour off each model. 

Onto the pics:

Squad 1:

vGZYyV2.jpg

Squad 2:

R7zTo0D.jpg

Still have about 20 regular terminators base coated waiting for finishing but think I'll switch focus to a different unit type (undecided for now). With these guys, this puts my Jan painted model count at 22!