XXth Coils of the Hydra, 3k

CajunJynx

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [3,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Praetor, Legion [220pts]: Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Divining Blades, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Melta Bombs, On Foot, Volkite Serpenta

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [120pts]

. Apothecary, Legion: Jump Pack, Power Armour

. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

. Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner

Lernaen Terminator Squad [680pts]

. Harrower: Chainfist, Master-crafted weapon, Power Dagger, Volkite Charger

. Lernean Terminator: Power Axe, Volkite Charger

. Lernean Terminator with Special Weapon: Plasma Blaster, Power Axe

. Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

Quad Launcher Support Battery, Legion [140pts]: Rapier, Legion, Rapier, Legion, Shatter Shell

+ Troops +

Assault Squad, Legion , Compulsory [305pts]: 9x Assault Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Combat Shields, Melta Bombs, 2x Power Axe

. Assault Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Power Dagger, Power Fist

. Standard Wargear

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [210pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Dagger, Power Fist

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [210pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Dagger, Power Fist

+ Fast Attack +

Attack Bike Squadron, Legion [165pts]

. Attack Bike, Legion: Melta Bombs, Multi-melta

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [220pts]: Aiolos Missile Launcher, Twin-linked Anvilius Pattern Autocannon Battery, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support Squad, Legion Volkite Culverin [285points]: Hardened Armour, 6x Space Marines, Legion, Volkite Culverin

. Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: Traitor

. XX: Alpha Legion:

Rite of War: The Coils of the Hydra

+ Lords of War +

Alpharius [415pts]

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

Edited by CajunJynx

Are you using Coils just for the re-roll on Seize and the minus to enemy reserves? Because locking your Mutable Tactics to being Infiltrate is a big cost for having that bonus, especially with Alpharius on the field as well.

I would either swap your Laerneans for a more durable Terminator unit from another Legion, or see if you could change Rites. Changing Rites would give you your flexibility back, so you can adapt your special rules to whatever the opponent has, while swapping the Laerneans would let you take, say, a Firedrake squad with shields for extra durability and a hard-hitting squad.

I believe he's not aiming for Infiltrate as his MT, the Praetor will join the Laerneans, but the Techmarine is an oversight here for sure.

He can't join other units as he does not have the Independent Character USR, so he totally makes no sense in this list.

Ditch the Techmarine, then ditch either the way-too-small unit of Heavy Support Volkites and get some interesting unit for Rewards of Treason.

Or, ditch the Techmarine to get another Attack Bike, or shave of some more points to get a Damocles (which goes well with CotH).

There you go.

Are you using Coils just for the re-roll on Seize and the minus to enemy reserves? Because locking your Mutable Tactics to being Infiltrate is a big cost for having that bonus, especially with Alpharius on the field as well.

I would either swap your Laerneans for a more durable Terminator unit from another Legion, or see if you could change Rites. Changing Rites would give you your flexibility back, so you can adapt your special rules to whatever the opponent has, while swapping the Laerneans would let you take, say, a Firedrake squad with shields for extra durability and a hard-hitting squad.

What? How am I locked into infiltrate? All my infantry dudes have a dedicated transport, the lerneans are just ablative wounds for Alpharius, and they are significantly cheaper than drakes, which I often run. This list really leans into PE-E, with the only unit not benefitting from it being the deredeo dread.

The preator and Alpharius join the lerneans, the chop on that unit is ridiculous.

I believe he's not aiming for Infiltrate as his MT, the Praetor will join the Laerneans, but the Techmarine is an oversight here for sure.

He can't join other units as he does not have the Independent Character USR, so he totally makes no sense in this list.

Ditch the Techmarine, then ditch either the way-too-small unit of Heavy Support Volkites and get some interesting unit for Rewards of Treason.

Or, ditch the Techmarine to get another Attack Bike, or shave of some more points to get a Damocles (which goes well with CotH).

There you go.

You are correct, this is for a game this Saturday, I’m adding two more Culverins to the heavy support squad but the culverins haven’t come in yet, so for this game the tech marine will be running after the spartan repairing it as I go, though he does force me to use infiltrate, I’ll fix that now. This list is all about heavily leaning into PE-E from Alpharius. Edited by CajunJynx

Also. His PEE culverins have a nasty reputation locally, as they always earn their points back and usually take way to much energy to eliminate.

Just glad they are on my side this Saturday... Lol