Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'The Shield of Ultramar' - Ultramarines plog

Ultramarines XIII

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TheFirstKnight

TheFirstKnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts
  • Faction: 30k Ultramarines

Hello there! Finally getting back into painting after some months of procrastination and deliberation, and after some time decided I wanted to get back into one of my early loves, the XIIIth Legion. I've long been a fan of the boys in blue and Roman history in geenral so seemed the right time to make a start. Had to go for a proper Ultramar Shield Wall so my force will be quite heavy with Breachers and Suzerains.

I did a tester first to get the blue and gold mix right, and went for something a little darker as I'm not quite so keen on painting brighter blues. I also tend to weather up my minis  a bit, big fan of grit and grime (the below photos show the minis a bit brighter in terms of colour; I really need to invest in a lightbox! The picture focusing on the Axe generally shows the blue and gold in the correct way).

USylxCV.jpg

After that, I probably should've worked on my troops but I'm a bit of a magpie and a sucker for shiny things so went straight into my first squad of Suzerains. First up I tried out the scheme on a shield and was fairly happy with it so went straight into the rest of the squad, pictures below. I'm now working on building up a 10-man squad of Breachers, which I will expand in size once the initial 10 are done. Doing these at the same time as a Chaplain. Also, now FW is open as well I've treated myself to a Contemptor and some transfers. Any CC please let me know!

JuimE5j.jpg

MTRAT25.jpg

YB0iSon.jpg

vn7v48S.jpg

h4UKYs1.jpg

QVPyGEK.jpg

K0yD0GL.jpg

i05wyQv.jpg

IFdW9Is.jpg

7hjmwaf.jpg

D6Al7Y8.jpg

bvusLzY.jpg

• Pearson73, Corswain, Qkhitai and 1 other like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,992 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands
The blue and gold look fantastic, great tone and weathering. Looking forward to seeing more, especially the Contemptor, it's a great sculpt.
  • TheFirstKnight likes this

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,499 posts

Loooove the toned-down, almost drab look you've got going here.

• TheFirstKnight likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ultramarines, XIII

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users